GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Paradox Recommends: Brand New"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/05/04 at 18:37
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've recently been listening to a lot of their stuff (mostly due to Escape Artists Never Die and The Quiet Things flooding Scuzz and Kerrang) and they're pretty fantasic. They play a wide range of differnet music which is unusual for bands nowadays who seem too scared to experiment much.

Tracks such as Sic Transit Gloria is a bit metally, but mostly embedded in pure rock, whilst 'Jude Law and a Semester Abroad' is very much punk rock. Also 'The Quiet Things' is a very Nickelback-esque track that reminds me rather a lot of Nickelbacks latest song (mostly because of the video).

They've got two albums out, Your Favorite Weapon and Deja Entendu, both of which seem to rock lots.

If you like any rock, punk or grunge music you're more than likely going to fall in love with Brand New. The one downside? If you type "Brand new" into eBay you find maternity dresses and jigsaws. Dammit.
Tue 18/05/04 at 18:37
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've recently been listening to a lot of their stuff (mostly due to Escape Artists Never Die and The Quiet Things flooding Scuzz and Kerrang) and they're pretty fantasic. They play a wide range of differnet music which is unusual for bands nowadays who seem too scared to experiment much.

Tracks such as Sic Transit Gloria is a bit metally, but mostly embedded in pure rock, whilst 'Jude Law and a Semester Abroad' is very much punk rock. Also 'The Quiet Things' is a very Nickelback-esque track that reminds me rather a lot of Nickelbacks latest song (mostly because of the video).

They've got two albums out, Your Favorite Weapon and Deja Entendu, both of which seem to rock lots.

If you like any rock, punk or grunge music you're more than likely going to fall in love with Brand New. The one downside? If you type "Brand new" into eBay you find maternity dresses and jigsaws. Dammit.
Tue 18/05/04 at 18:54
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I prefer "Second Hand".
Tue 18/05/04 at 18:55
Regular
"SOUP!"
da
Regular
"SOUP!"
dum
Regular
"SOUP!"
tisch
Tue 18/05/04 at 19:20
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Saw em supporting Finch ages ago. Wasn't hugely impressed, but they were okay. Think one of their albums on Epitaph?
Tue 18/05/04 at 19:43
Regular
"SOUP!"
Thats the last track on the first album I thinks.

Brand new SUPPORTING finch?

I thought Finch were newer than them?

I suppose you can have an equally good band supporting, like when I saw Lost Prophets supporting Linkin Park.
Tue 18/05/04 at 19:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Doesn't matter if newer, it's how well known they are.

Hence, technically, you could have Elliott backing Busted. If such a terrible day occured.
Tue 18/05/04 at 19:45
Regular
"SOUP!"
Who are Elliot?
Tue 18/05/04 at 19:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ahhh, my lovely band. I'm the only person I know who listens.

*is special*

Meh, anyway, class emo/rock band. Finished early this year/late last. Quality, quality music.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.