GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can I get a TV Style remote for my laptop ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/05/04 at 11:29
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Could be a long shot this one ....

I watch quite a bit of stuff on my laptop and wanted to know if I can buy a Infra-Red receiver and TV style remote and then configure it to work with Media Player or a similar Player ?

I already have a USB RF Video input device so don't want to buy another one of those (unless it's the only way)

Thanks
Tue 18/05/04 at 09:14
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
yeah, the ATI one is the one in the link in my post (£13ish from ebuyer)
Mon 17/05/04 at 21:06
Regular
i have an ATI remote wonder that only cost £13 and works with most of the players.

Colin
Mon 17/05/04 at 20:34
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Hmph, indeed.

Getting a Bluetooth phone next month ...
Mon 17/05/04 at 16:09
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> You could always sell your PC, buy a Mac with built-in Bluetooth and
> then use your mobile to control it:
> [URL]http://homepage.mac.com/jonassalling/Shareware/Clicker/[/URL]

Pfft, what a shameful plug :P

It is good though, our computing teacher purchased the bluetooth thing for his Mac, and he can control it from the back of the lecture room, so slideshows are easier to present.

Hmph.
Mon 17/05/04 at 14:32
Regular
"Twenty quid."
You could always sell your PC, buy a Mac with built-in Bluetooth and then use your mobile to control it: [URL]http://homepage.mac.com/jonassalling/Shareware/Clicker/[/URL]
Mon 17/05/04 at 12:39
Regular
Looks good, and it's cheaper than mine!
Mon 17/05/04 at 12:31
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
found this remote also

[URL]http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=51627[/URL]
Mon 17/05/04 at 12:22
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
no probs, got an email back, that remote works on any PC, will order one.

Thanks
Mon 17/05/04 at 12:01
Regular
Can you send it to my home address instead? I'm off work for another week and it'll probably go 'missing' if it arrives there and I can't pick it up!
Mon 17/05/04 at 11:56
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
thanks, emailed them, should work though (hopefully).
Sent you an email about your Dreamcast Disc, will send it tomorrow.

Ta.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.