GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grandprix's Judgment Day Thoughts"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/05/04 at 03:44
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, I decided a while back that I’d watch Judgment Day live and here I am typing away while watching Heat. I can honestly say that this PPV looks as good on paper as my drawings and, believe me, they suck. The first match is just about to start and it’s between Jindrak and Funaki. I must say, Teddy Long cracks me up. I don’t think a lot of Jindrak though. The match wasn’t that great, about 3-4 minutes and about 1 out of 5 if I’m generous, which I’m not.

Here we go, the PPV that I’m looking forward to like I was looking forward to having surgery to remove a tooth from my palate several years ago. Anyway, for the record, the whole Eddie/Bradshaw feud is a total failure, most likely because Bradshaw is not a main eventer and not a good wrestler either. Plus, Eddie’s mother was it that had the heart attack? That was poor acting.

First match, Rey Mysterio and RVD take on the Dudleyz. Pretty bog standard tag match highlighted by a few good spots from RVD and Mysterio. RVD seemed a bit more motivated, perhaps because he was going to win. Not bad but it’s not going to blow any doors off. Booker T is doing a ritual in his dressing room, probably hoping that his career isn’t further flushed down the U-Bend that is Smackdown at the moment. Angle appears on a modified chair lift, spouting a lot of nothing to waste a bit of time, some of it funny but not much.

Eventually, we get to the crux of the matter. Angle wants Torrie fired so he makes the match between Torrie and Dawn Marie if Torrie loses, she’s fired. Great, another fired stipulation. We haven’t seen a lot of them in recent years, have we? *sarcasm machine explodes* Dawn Marie’s trousers let here down and Torrie survives. Total eye candy match.

Bradshaw spouts something about something meaningless. I think it had something to do with the title but all I heard was blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Scotty 2 Hotty is the whipping boy tonight as Mordecai takes him on. Total squash as Mordecai wins. It’s too early to tell whether he’ll be any good as it barely lasted a couple of minutes. It’s a weird character, some kind of cross between a holy Undertaker and an evil Reverend.

Chavo receives a very touching gift of bra and panties from Jacqueline but he flips out. You just can’t please some people. Tag titles up next between Haas and Rico versus Hardcore Holly and Billy Gunn. I wonder if they’ll make the New New Midnight Express? Doesn’t matter as they pretty much suck. Rico just freaks everyone out with his ‘homosexual’ tendencies. Billy Gunn should have no trouble with Rico, he had Chuck remember? Not bad, it’s obvious that Haas has talent but is wasted here. It’s a makeshift team, no better and no worse than all the other teams in the WWE at the moment.

Cruiserweight title action next as Jacqueline takes on Chavo. Seriously, put the title on Jackie is a slap in the face to every Cruiserweight on Smackdown that has never won the Cruiserweight title before. Chavo has one hand tied behind his back because this match can’t suck anymore then it does already. Naturally, Chavo gets the title back and by cheating. Not good but what do you expect? Match of the year?

Next up, the US title on the line between Cena and Dupree. A moderately funny promo, might have got better given a bit more time. Oh well, can’t have everything, like a watchable PPV or a decent wrestling match at the very least. Cena has to be very careful because the fans will only buy the act for so long and then turn on him and his ring work. He has got to back it up in the ring and it’s just not happening since the knee problems. I’m just not feeling it but I still think he’s just about worthy of the US Title. A successful defence but the match wasn’t up to much, picked up a little near the end.

Booker T V Taker is up next. It’s funny, the WWE are stealing ideas from Monkey Island! Booker T looks very weird with that pouch in his hand, kind of fruity. I love the entrance of Taker until you see that he is just a bounty hunter. Taker really can’t back it up in the ring nowadays. He is very much the novelty act but they keep putting him over, as his gimmick doesn’t work otherwise. The pouch was pointless, as it had no effect on Taker.

The main event is next and it will have to go about a half hour. I don’t think I’ve seen Bradshaw go a half hour in the ring one on one. Bradshaw talking about maids or something is just pure tedium and the crowd are less than impressed. He has all the charisma of a toilet bowl. Eddie busted open bad. That is some serious bleeding. They couldn’t come up with a result so they cop out with a DQ win for Bradshaw so Eddie still keeps the title. It certainly wasn’t pretty and the quality wasn’t good. Technical victory for Bradshaw but Eddie is the real winner because he totally destroyed him and kept the title.

Well, my thoughts = average to poor (more than generous) and a heck of a lot of blood. Pretty much what we all expected then. The coffee wasn’t quite enough, as I feel pretty tired now. Watch for the blood in the last match if you want but not much else worked.
Tue 18/05/04 at 18:46
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I think the Mordecai character looks like he's gonna be good, but we'll have to wait and see a few more matches before deciding whether he's any good in the ring.

I thought the PPV overall was rubbish. There were a few matches that were OK but the majority sucked. Plus, after the DQ victory for Bradshaw; he's likely to get another title shot! Hopefully they'll get it over with one Smackdown... But then who's left for the title picture?

Hmm... As someone already said, Booker is on a low so he can't... I'd say RVD. It couldn't be any worse than Bradshaw getting a title shot, could it?! :D
Tue 18/05/04 at 16:29
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
DeadMetal wrote:
> >
> Other things which annoyed me was Tag Team Title match (since when
> where Billy Gunn and Bob Holly on the same team)
they have been teaming up a bit on verlocity the past few weeks
Tue 18/05/04 at 16:26
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
I liked the ppv, the first hour was slow but it got good. And i liked the main event, that blade job on eddie was sick to say the least!
Tue 18/05/04 at 16:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
Heh, y'know, it wasn't THAT bad.

Yes, it was meaningless and no I wouldn't have paid for it.

In my view it was like a good SmackDown.

The matches were all of a decent quality and kept me entertained enough, and at least they added some interesting ideas. Chavo match was funny with the arm tied behind his back, the Tag Titles match was interesting, Mordecai looks cool (unlucky Scotty :( ), altho Booker lost to Taker they made him look pretty good, Cena vs Dupree was as expected pretty decent and the main event was much better than I expected.

Yes, the card was AWFUL. Worst for years. BUT I thought the wreslters did pretty well considering, and in my opinion this PPV was more entertaining than a few I've seen the past couple of years, like the last KOTR which was unbelievably dull.

Based on this, I think Smackdown could do a pretty decent PPV with the right card...
Tue 18/05/04 at 15:25
Regular
Well I haven't had time to watch Judgement day yet but after reading all your comments I really don't feel like watching it...should I?
Tue 18/05/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
and who isn't built like a tank, over 6 foot and able to botch even a clothesline
Tue 18/05/04 at 14:23
Regular
"..."
The less I say about this PPV the better. Every single match was worthless, throw away filler. I've always been an advocate of the roster split, but if Smackdown carries on like this then it simply has to go...
and worst of ALL, if WWE would only wake up and smell the independents then there is loads of talent out there that could save the show. But...nooo...like a football team over-reliant o it's youth academy (see Forest under Paul Hart) WWE refuses to bring anyone in who hasn't been to OVW...
Mon 17/05/04 at 19:31
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Did I just read right? Bradshaw main evented a PPV!?

Well thats says it all really, talk about a loss in quality. Where's all the big names gone. Bradshaw only has two moves and one of thems an effin closeline.

Heh.
Mon 17/05/04 at 18:02
Regular
I want JBL to feud with the Undertaker, with the final match being Bradshaw being buried alive

for real
Mon 17/05/04 at 17:11
Regular
"Plate of glue"
The best Matches were the Rico one and the Undertaker one.
I was expecting alot more from Mordecia. He stole the move I do to my brothers!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.