GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWE Betting League - Match 6 - Judgment Day"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/05/04 at 13:48
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Figo is a busy beaver (or something to that effect) and he has asked (forcibly) for me to do this months PPV. That's why you only have the rest of today! :D

Judgment Day is a Smackdown PPV and is headlined by Eddie Guerrero (c) V John Bradshaw Layfield for the WWE Championship.

Usual Jargon: Don't edit you posts during or after the PPV because you'll lose all your points or something equally as bad.

WWE Betting League Table

1. Grandprix - 393
2. Figo - 385
3. Lipe - 246
4. Jae - 185
5. CGJ - 138
6. Chrissy P - 46
7. Flockhart - 30
8. DW – 1

New players can start on 50 points. On to the betting!

MAIN BET

The WWE Championship Match:
Eddie Guerrero (c) V John Bradshaw Layfield

Eddie to win = 2 times stake
Bradshaw to win = 4 times stake

(All optional bets can have between 1-10 points betted on them)

OPTIONAL BET 1

How many titles will change hands out of the 4 scheduled title matches?

0, 1, 2, 3 or 4? Double points if you can correctly guess the titles that change hands, if any. You don't lose any if you get it wrong though.

OPTIONAL BET 2

I don't know why I picked this but what will be the finish between Chavo Guerrero and Jaqueline?

a) Jaqueline pins Chavo
b) Chavo pins Jaqueline
c) Chavo by interference
d) Jaqueline by botched interference
e) None of the above

OPTIONAL BET 3

How will Mordecai do in his first match?

Pin clean, pin by interference/weapon or defeat?

OPTIONAL BET 4

Will Torrie and/or Dawn Marie disrobe? (If it gets changed to a Bra and Panties match, the question will go down to until their is nothing left to expose, if that makes sense. I'm trying to be polite about it.)

Torrie, Dawn Marie or neither?

That's do for now. Enjoy Judgment Day if you can. I'm happy to answer questions about this betting league thingy and you can expect a Judgment Day topic by me in the early hours of the morning because I have a feeling I will have a bit to rant about.
Tue 18/05/04 at 16:17
Regular
But you lot wasn't betting who'd come away with the title.
Tue 18/05/04 at 14:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
No bet as although JBL won, he didn't win the prize on offer, which was the title.
Tue 18/05/04 at 13:50
Regular
DW wrote:
> Lol sorry but rules are rules.

Yeah, rules are rules but Figo is the gamesmaster (in this case) so he can bend the rules, muwahaha! Go Figo!
Tue 18/05/04 at 13:41
Regular
Lol sorry but rules are rules.

The bet clearly stated:

MAIN BET

The WWE Championship Match:
Eddie Guerrero (c) V John Bradshaw Layfield

Eddie to win = 2 times stake
Bradshaw to win = 4 times stake

--------------

Nowhere did it state "Eddie to retain" or "Bradshaw to become WWE Champion". At the end of the day, you're all gunna say that because you don't wanna lose your points. Whatever. It's a game. But fact is, Bradshaw won the match and not Eddie Guerrero. You all betted on Eddie Guerrero winning the match.
Tue 18/05/04 at 13:38
Regular
I think a no bet is the best and we just keep the points we had.
Tue 18/05/04 at 12:39
Regular
Skot has curtains.

Face the facts...JBL won!
Tue 18/05/04 at 11:49
Regular
I tell you what, how about you all lose all the points you betted and i keep mine. Yes i think thats fair...

But, seriously, we can either say that all the people that betted on Eddie to win was right, or we could lose the points we betted, or we could just class all our bets as a no bet and we stay on the points we had before.

Votes please. Oh and be reasonable, don't just say 'i vot 4 n.0 1 cus dat meens i duble pointts!111' or whatever.
Mon 17/05/04 at 20:44
Regular
Lipe wrote:
> Yeah, but I said that I bet 245 points on Eddie to RETAIN THE TITLE.
> So I get points :D

But we weren't betting on whether or not Eddie would retain the title. The bet was "Eddie would win."
Mon 17/05/04 at 20:04
Regular
DW wrote:
> Woah! The fact is, John Bradshaw Layfield won.
>
> Sure, Eddie kept the title, but Eddie lost the match. He only kept
> the title because it can't change hands via a DQ. If it had been a
> non-title, and Eddie hit JBL with the belt, then JBL would have won.
> So, the same thing happens here.
>
> Face the facts...Bradshaw won!

Yeah, but I said that I bet 245 points on Eddie to RETAIN THE TITLE. So I get points :D
Mon 17/05/04 at 19:43
Regular
Woah! The fact is, John Bradshaw Layfield won.

Sure, Eddie kept the title, but Eddie lost the match. He only kept the title because it can't change hands via a DQ. If it had been a non-title, and Eddie hit JBL with the belt, then JBL would have won. So, the same thing happens here.

Face the facts...Bradshaw won!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.