GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are you a hateful, placard-waving reactionary?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/05/04 at 20:09
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
You are? Then come with me and make Maxine Carr's life a living hell!

Not even out of prison and already details of her new identity have been stolen and leaked. The Sun printed details of where she 'might' live and what she 'might' be called. And I can absolutely guarantee you that when she's released from whatever safehouse she's being hidden in (and it will be discovered and swamped by the media), there'll be hordes of mongoloids waving placards, spitting bile and throwing eggs at her, simply because there's nothing better to do until Trisha at 2pm.

Why? What's it going to achieve? You think waving a placard at her that says 'child killer' or some other ingenious (and poorly spelled) statement will make her fall to her knees, Heston-style in realisation at what she's done? Slow clap moron, I'm pretty sure she knows what she's done, and knows it's wrong. She's done her time, but will people let it lie? No, at least not until a new Myra Hindley figure is created by the press.

Take my word for it, no matter where she goes, where she lives or what she looks like, people will hound her til she's swinging from a light socket. Because people are stupid. The media will get hold of her identity, and inbred local hicks will be lining up down the road with flaming torches ready to whomp her ass out of town. Stupid, utterly moronic neanderthal reactionaries will daub hateful slogans on her house, break her windows and make her life a living hell, aided no doubt by the tabloids who need something to cover because it's a slow news day and Britney hasn't got around to buying a new hat just yet.

There's no excuse for what she did, don't start protesting at me. What she did was a truly awful act, heartless beyond belief and almost in-human in nature. But she's a weak, pathetic person, the kind of woman I despise because they're so warped and twisted that they'll do whatever they can just to stay with their man, or lack the balls to leave a partner that beats them. But the people I despise more are the hordes of small-minded, red-faced middle Englanders that bang on the sides of police trucks, scream obscenities and proclaim 'this country's gone to pot' before settling back down in their comfy sofas with their slippers for a good read of the Daily Mail.

She'll be dead within a year.
Fri 14/05/04 at 12:51
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
The sagacious one wrote:

>
> One thing is certain, I DO NOT think that she should appear on one of
> those makeover programmes with Trinny and that other bint.

Maybe she could be the new host of Blind Date?
Fri 14/05/04 at 12:48
"Darth Vader 3442321"
monkey_man wrote:
> £1 million!? Where are they shipping her off to, the Playboy
> Mansion?

Out of hours protection is usually extremely expensive, however this is a figure provided by the BBC and so of course is speculative. Perhaps I have allowed myself to be influenced by the media's haphazard approach.

One thing is certain, I DO NOT think that she should appear on one of those makeover programmes with Trinny and that other bint.
Fri 14/05/04 at 12:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm glad that most of the people in this thread have displayed the correct attituda to what's happening regarding her. It could so easily have turned into a load of mouth-breathers trying to get their "points" across.
Fri 14/05/04 at 12:24
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Something from a rant I wrote at the time of Carr and Huntleys arrest that still holds true I think....

As I write this, it would appear that she isn't a murderess. Rather she is a foolish woman who did a stupid thing to cover for the man whom she loves (or at any rate, believes that she does). At her first appearance at the Magistrates Court this morning, the usual rent-a-mob showed up to leech some of the high tension and emotion from the aftermath of this dreadful situation in order to fill their otherwise empty lives. Maybe if people like them expended more effort putting their own lives in order rather than using somebody else's tragedy to pass their time, then the world in general would be a better place, but I digress.

As you may have guessed, I have some sympathy for Maxine Carr. Only up to a point though, as she would appear to be responsible in part for prolonging the agony of Holly and Jessica's parents. Yet before anyone rushes to condemn her for protecting Huntley, I would say this; I have seen a lot of women stand by their men, despite the fact that their men are responsible for beating them, mentally and emotionally abusing them, destroying their self esteem, and generally reducing them to the level of a timid and unquestioning piece of chattel. If we're saying that it's Carr’s fault for allowing Huntley to do that to her (and again, I'm making the assumption that he did), then one may as well say that rape victims are asking for it, or that battered wives had it coming.
Fri 14/05/04 at 12:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
£1 million!? Where are they shipping her off to, the Playboy Mansion?
Fri 14/05/04 at 12:13
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I hated the way that the tabloids make it seem that she is living a life of luxury in prison. "Maxine luxuriating in sunshine as she reads glossy magazine and discusses how she is going to change her hair with an inmate who is probably her lesbian lover" and so on...

Pure tripe.

In terms of spending money on protecting her and her identity, it is a tough call. Lets say she doesn't get protection and a group of four "vigilantes" beat her to death one night and are soon arrested by the police. Then of course there would be a trial and incarceration. Maybe they'd all receive long prison sentences due to the brutality of the murder. How much would this cost the taxpayer. Perhaps there would be appeals, maybe funded by legal aid. Another cost to the tax payer.

However, why should we spend £1m a year on protecting someone who has trangressed when we don't protect the innocent? £1m is enough to train and retain a fair few policemen, surely or even, dare I say it, install CCTV in "trouble hotspots".

I think that Maxine's wishes to stay near her family in Grimsby (everyone knows roughly where she will be staying) should be denied and she should be furnished with a one way ticket to somewhere far away.
Fri 14/05/04 at 11:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Double barelled editor of Daily Express was on Question Time last night - 'Rar rah, she hasn't served her time' (at which the panel and audience exploded and explained to her that parole is in a sentence)

etc etc.

Not quite as hatred inducing as I wanted her to be, but annoyingly middle enough.
Thu 13/05/04 at 23:58
Regular
"~a Libertine~"
him? he'd make an excellent drone.
Thu 13/05/04 at 23:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Good old Locutus.
Thu 13/05/04 at 23:15
Regular
oh I don't know, he's not too keen on the borg.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.