GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Perfect Game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/06/00 at 07:16
Regular
As almost anyone who has spent a reasonable amount of time on Zelda will tell you, it is an amazing game, full of innovative touches, with some downright scratch-your-head-until-you-scalp-bleeds puzzles then kick yourself for not noticing the obvious answer. It also ahs an immersive storyline, both of which help turn it into a really good game.
In December Zelda:Majoras Mask will be released, which looks good but is really more of the same.
Shiguru Miyamoto, the genius behind Zelda has said that it would take him 5 years to make the perfect Zelda. I reckon he should start now.
With Dolphin being able to store a massive amount of data on DVD, he should have all the space he needs.
But wouldn't it be really good if he could integrate two fairly new ideas: a sword that works on the same technology that the Sega Bass Fishing rod uses, and a microphone, like in the new game "Hey you, Pikachu". Combined with other features (like maybe some internet based multiplayer subquests) etc and other ideas that he is sure to come up with, he could make the best game ever. The technology is available, I'm sure the funding is available from Nintendo, so I reckon Shigsy should get started!
Sat 24/06/00 at 10:40
Right. Lets set the record straight. I never said that any of the stuff was new, did I? Did I? I am talking about integrating some ideas available at the present. As for DVD, I mentioned that purely to point out that there is no way that developers can plead that there is not enough space.
Now for Shigsy. Do you own an N64? If the answer is yes, then you must know that he is a brilliant programmer, creating such games as Zelda and Super Mario 64. Are Nintendo going to let someone else create the second sequel to Zelda? I doubt it.
Aside from Rare, who also make consistantly good games, he is a person to watch.
Nintendo aren't going to give the license to Zelda (better known as a license to print money) to any other companies.
I could rant on more, but I think I am goint to explode with outrage, so I'll leave it there.
Thu 22/06/00 at 18:31
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Chris said that it would be great if Miyamoto started making Zelda now... He has! And it's got a release of 2004 :-(

In addition, that stuff about DVDs storing loads more data is irrelevant. There has yet to be one PS2 game that actually uses a DVD format, as they all fit onto one CD. In addition, take a look at the Dreamcast's Shenmue. It has the best graphics ever seen on a computer game (anyone whos seen it in action knows what I mean) and rather than have to use a DVD or anything, simply used 4 GDs. (GDs are the CD that Dreamcast's use. They store 1 gigabyte each, and are much faster at loading than a DVD.)

As for having a "sword controller" like get bass fishing, it's already here! There is an option in Soul Calibur on the DC to use a fishing rod controller as a sword. Moving the rod immitates sword swipes on screen, while movement is controlled by the analogue tick on the rod.

By the way, why does Chris go on about Zelda being the best game ever? Okay, so it was really good, but it still felt rushed at the end, and was still no where near as epic as FF7. (FF8's story line was rubbish). And you talk about Miyamoto as though he is the God of developing- there are plenty of good developers...
Yu Suzuki has got to be the best at the moment. He Makes loads of driving games (inc. Daytona and Ferarri 355), fighting games (Virtua Fighter series) and has spent the last 4 years making the epic Shenmue, and is now on work with the sequal.
How about Yuji Naka? He not only made Sonic, but also had the idea of Samba De Amigo, which is Miyamoto's favourite game at the moment that is not made by himself! Naka is also working on Phantasy Star Online, and was the creator of Sega Nights!

Anyway, what about American games gurus? Shiny's Dve Perry to name but one...

Rav
Thu 22/06/00 at 10:16
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Soup Dragon wrote:
The perfect game has already been created. The egg and spoon race.
The graphics are realistic because it's real, and it combines
athleticism beond the fingers, skill, coordination and the age old
moral dilema of whether or not to hold the egg down with your thumb.
It really is a timeless classic.

Well Mr Dragon I suppose you are right but I guess you fire was not hot enough to have thought about hard boiled eggs or glue. but hey dont worry, and there is a y in beYond.

The Game

because i am that damn good...!
Thu 22/06/00 at 07:28
Na, theres no game better than the classic "stick a pound on the pavement of the high street with superglue and watch to see what happens".
Can't beat it can you?
Thu 22/06/00 at 07:25
Yeah, but it doesn't have much longetivity does it? (as soon as the egg is dropped, you are then faced with the decision of whether or not to run down to the supermarket)
Wed 21/06/00 at 21:44
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I definatly think your having a laugh, anyway monopoly by far the best board game in the world, watching your mates slowly loose their hard earned cash on all your carefully selected properties makes such good fun after a hard days work, ha ha.
Wed 21/06/00 at 21:42
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I think that Zelda 2 will be excellent, not only do you get great new challenges, but there are new improved graphics, and I think the best thing is that most of the ares have moved on, so now the deku sprout will have grown bigger and most of your freinds including Zelda will have gotten older. It's a great idea to make a sequel to this game, because it does get boring after you complete it twice, It's only worth playing for the bosses, all the puzzels get too easy when you know excacitaly what to do, I can remember when I got stuck at the top of the Deku Tree,(first stage of adventure) when at the top of the tree you had to fall down onto the cobwebs and then fall through, this took me ages to get passt because it was not that obvious, that what makes the game so good, you can never tell what to do at the begginning but when you get more experienced things fall into place.
Wed 21/06/00 at 13:04
The perfect game has already been created. The egg and spoon race. The graphics are realistic because it's real, and it combines athleticism beond the fingers, skill, coordination and the age old moral dilema of whether or not to hold the egg down with your thumb.
It really is a timeless classic.
Wed 21/06/00 at 07:16
As almost anyone who has spent a reasonable amount of time on Zelda will tell you, it is an amazing game, full of innovative touches, with some downright scratch-your-head-until-you-scalp-bleeds puzzles then kick yourself for not noticing the obvious answer. It also ahs an immersive storyline, both of which help turn it into a really good game.
In December Zelda:Majoras Mask will be released, which looks good but is really more of the same.
Shiguru Miyamoto, the genius behind Zelda has said that it would take him 5 years to make the perfect Zelda. I reckon he should start now.
With Dolphin being able to store a massive amount of data on DVD, he should have all the space he needs.
But wouldn't it be really good if he could integrate two fairly new ideas: a sword that works on the same technology that the Sega Bass Fishing rod uses, and a microphone, like in the new game "Hey you, Pikachu". Combined with other features (like maybe some internet based multiplayer subquests) etc and other ideas that he is sure to come up with, he could make the best game ever. The technology is available, I'm sure the funding is available from Nintendo, so I reckon Shigsy should get started!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.