GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shenmue 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/03/05 at 00:00
Regular
Apologies if this has been discussed before but i notice on the GAME website that they have Shenmue 3 listed as TBC. Obviously they're a big hight street chain so why have they done this as no one knows anything about if and when Shenmue 3 is coming out?
Tue 15/03/05 at 22:18
Regular
I found Morrowind a do what you want game.

"Oh look a man fell out the sky, let's take his mega jump scrolls and jump into the water"
Tue 15/03/05 at 16:25
Regular
"eat toast!"
The voice acting is a bit dull (either that or its slightly too american or its over dramatic)but i have seen worse (forbidden siren is it?). Good game anyway.
Mon 14/03/05 at 16:51
Regular
Morrowind is another example of a love it/hate it game.

I just couldnt get into it myself. I remember walking for miles once, clubbing a rat to death and then getting lost and walking for some more miles by which time i'd wasted about 2 hours on doing nothing! I really couldnt along with it and the journal also wasnt detailed enough to let you know all the info you'd discovered.

Sometimes think i'd like to have another crack at it again though as the game did have a certain charm.
Sun 13/03/05 at 19:39
Regular
"8==="
Played the demo.

Read the reviews, I know what it's all about.

I'd rather go on Morrowind though.
Sun 13/03/05 at 19:33
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Ahhh Shenmue.

Love the series, shame most people have never played it.

True classic, hope they continue the story one day.

Still got a copy of Shenmue sealed, and in a plastic hanger box too.
Sun 13/03/05 at 15:14
Regular
"8==="
Sounds like a 'chillout game'
Sun 13/03/05 at 15:05
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Disco Stu wrote:
> So you liked the first one then? The second was a fair bit superior
> in
> my opinion, much more pacier and alot more to see and do.
>
> The world was far too big which made the dialogue repetition all the
> more obvious and annoying.
>
> I tired of it very quickly. The original though was in my opinion the
> best game on Dreamcast, really loved that game it's just a shame the
> sequel didn't live up to it.

Well i'm surprised you didnt enjoy the second one having enjoyed the first one as they're not vastly different in terms of gameplay structure. Shenmue II is widely rgarded as probably the better of the 2 games and i'd certainly go along with that. Still, i suppose the Shenmue series is like the marmite of gaming - you either love it or hate it.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:32
Regular
Disco Stu wrote:
> So you liked the first one then? The second was a fair bit superior in
> my opinion, much more pacier and alot more to see and do.

The world was far too big which made the dialogue repetition all the more obvious and annoying.

I tired of it very quickly. The original though was in my opinion the best game on Dreamcast, really loved that game it's just a shame the sequel didn't live up to it.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:28
Regular
"8==="
If Shenmue 3 is successful it will make it onto consoles.
Sat 12/03/05 at 13:21
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
To GAME, Shenmue Online is Shenmue 3. But yea I would like to see Shenmue 3 released on a console, and not online only. I've played through the first two and thought they were brilliant and I would like to be able to finish the story. However it's been years since Shenmue 2 was released so I think it's very unlikely that we'll see number 3 on our consoles, but nevertheless I'm keeping my DC and the other Shenmue' just incase.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.