GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS : Pixel Pointlessness..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/03/05 at 08:20
Regular
"DS..."
*sigh* not again... Just purchased a brand new Nintendo DS from a certain shop which is an anagram of MAGE, only to find that the unit has a dead pixel... well, 2 dead pixels actually, one on the top screen and one on the touch screen.

Now, you might think "whats the problem? just take it back and get either a refund or a replacement" however, this is the second time this has happened as I purchased a limited VIP pak a month early only to find that the DS in that pak had a dead pixel on the top screen (a rather annoying green coloured one) and so I had bought this DS (the one in "MAGE") hoping that it would have no dead pixels so at least then I'd have the option of taking the VIP DS into "MAGE" inside the other DS box (they are both European models so it should'nt be a problem) and get a refund for it thus solving the problem.

But now that I have 2 DS's with dead pixels that now means that I've got to theoretically (this is the "simplest" solution I've thought of so far) go into "MAGE" with the DS I bought yesterday inside it's original box, ask for a replacement, (hopefully they won't offer or insist on testing it for me in-store) go out of store, (obviously out of sight of store) test the new DS, and providing that one is fine and has no dead pixels, put the VIP DS inside the newly aquired box to the one I'd just got as a replacement, go back to "MAGE", explain that this one also has a dead pixel and ask for a refund... long-winded I know but it seems to be the simplest solution.

Anyways, anyone else got any other possible ideas? (apart from sending the VIP DS back to Nintendo as it's not worth the time having to wait for a replacement and the risks etc) post them if you like, equally if you've had/got similar problems with dead pixels feel free to post them here as personally I think it's a dam annoying problem with the hardware that should have been ironed out (even though dead pixels are a common fault with high-resolution screens) anyways I digress...

Slik -_-
Mon 14/03/05 at 15:44
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> And they can't help dead pizels. It happens in all LCD.

Samsung Japan, even on their 44" LCD TV's have a '0 Dead Pixel Policy'.

My 32" Sharp Aquos LCD TV had around 7-8, I sent it back and got a replacement. They aren't meant to happen, they are manufactoring faults that in my opinion are totally un-acceptable.

Each company is different, they all have different policies, some like Sharp don't have a policy and as such take each case one at a time.
Mon 14/03/05 at 09:50
Regular
"good news everyone"
i found a dead pixel on my DS yesterday, phoned nintendo this morning and they said wait a few weeks and if it still annoys u they will repair or replace it
Sun 13/03/05 at 13:07
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
$lik wrote:
> Now, you might think "whats the problem? just take it back and
> But now that I have 2 DS's with dead pixels that now means that I've
> got to theoretically (this is the "simplest" solution I've
> thought of so far) go into "MAGE" with the DS I bought
> yesterday inside it's original box, ask for a replacement, (hopefully
> they won't offer or insist on testing it for me in-store) go out of
> store, (obviously out of sight of store) test the new DS, and
> providing that one is fine and has no dead pixels, put the VIP DS
> inside the newly aquired box to the one I'd just got as a
> replacement, go back to "MAGE", explain that this one also
> has a dead pixel and ask for a refund... long-winded I know but it
> seems to be the simplest solution.

make sure you go to a different MAGE though!
Sun 13/03/05 at 10:55
Regular
"Pwned"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Why did you buy another one anway?
> Surely just send the first back to Ninty and get them to sort it out.

They replace the screen.
Sun 13/03/05 at 10:54
Regular
"Pwned"
I got my DS today and it has a dead pixel right in the middle. Dosen't bother me, just looks like a tiny red dot.
Sat 12/03/05 at 21:26
"period drama"
Why did you buy another one anway?
Surely just send the first back to Ninty and get them to sort it out.
Sat 12/03/05 at 21:24
Regular
"tokyo police club"
That's them just wanting attentions from Nintendo, though, isn't it?

And they can't help dead pizels. It happens in all LCD.
Sat 12/03/05 at 21:18
Regular
"Plate of glue"
I have the same. One on the top screen and on the bottom screen.

I phoned the GAME that is by the STATION today and they said they have none left and I will have to change it some other time.

It is very poor of Nintendo. The amount of people on the Nintendo forums complaining about it is unacceptable.

:(
Sat 12/03/05 at 12:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I think Slik's original idea is the best. I'm presuming that you don't actually want 2 DSs, although I may be wrong.
Sat 12/03/05 at 10:20
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Take the one with a correct box back to "MAGE" and get a replacement or refund. Then send your VIP one back to Nintendo and they will replace it as they have said they will replace consoles with dead pixels.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.