GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pagey's Descriptions Of A Hardcore Gamer Summed Up."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/04/01 at 23:27
Regular
This comes from the PS2 Forum:

Wookiee's summing up of a 'hardcore' gamer: Small-minded, blinkered, biased, and afraid of change.

Ant's summing up of a hardcore gamer: It looks like to be a hardcore gamer we must: have no social life, not listen to music, not watch movies, not play on any other consoles, always have a set time to play on our consoles, we must have no friends that our 'casual gamers' and we are not allowd to like Sony or the PSX/PS2!!

Hmmmmm........

If you would like to read all of what Pagey put, rather than a summing up, please fell free to visit New Jimmy's topic, "Invest in the future. Invest in a PS2."
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:27
Regular
"I like cheese"
This comes from the PS2 Forum:

Wookiee's summing up of a 'hardcore' gamer: Small-minded, blinkered, biased, and afraid of change.

Ant's summing up of a hardcore gamer: It looks like to be a hardcore gamer we must: have no social life, not listen to music, not watch movies, not play on any other consoles, always have a set time to play on our consoles, we must have no friends that our 'casual gamers' and we are not allowd to like Sony or the PSX/PS2!!

Hmmmmm........

If you would like to read all of what Pagey put, rather than a summing up, please fell free to visit New Jimmy's topic, "Invest in the future. Invest in a PS2."
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:29
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Pagey's Guide To Being A Hardcore Gamer (Otaku) In Six Easy Steps!

- Have a decent social life with none casual gamer mates.
- Listen to music 'casually' (As in casual music listener)
- Watch movies 'casually' (As in casual movie watcher)
- Not BUY other consoles. Playing on them for experimentation is legal.
- Be prepared to play games more than anything else. Only games that casual gamers would find crap, mind.
- Not like any casual 'games' or consoles with the majority of games being casual gamers games.

Tue 17/04/01 at 23:29
Regular
"I like cheese"
And if you like Sony, the PSX or the PS2, then you are supposedly, 'scum.'
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:32
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Only scum if you believe hardcore gamers suck. PS2s are allowed to those who believe to be hardcore gamers and vow only to buy hardcore games and not various other crap.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:34
Regular
"I like cheese"
But wait Pagey!!

You say we should only like one console???

But didn't you say to me and Wookiee that you are not biased because you like all consoles except the PSX and PS2??

Are you not contradicting yourself??
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:37
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Correct, but in order to like the PS2 you have to be a really desperate hardcore gamer. You could say that GT3 is hardcore but you need more hardcore games in order for the console to be hardcore.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
Oh dear!!

It looks as though I will have to drop all of my friends that don't enjoy gaming as much as me!!

Does that mean I have to leave my parents as well??
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:38
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
A hardcore gamer can only buy consoles that have lots of hardcore games on them.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:39
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Lol, Yes unfortunately it does.
Tue 17/04/01 at 23:39
Regular
"I like cheese"
Pagey wrote:
> Correct, but in order to like the PS2 you have to be a really
> desperate hardcore gamer. You could say that GT3 is hardcore but you
> need more hardcore games in order for the console to be hardcore.

what is a hardcore game then, pagey???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.