GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[ New Forum Features ]"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/11/06 at 11:52
Regular
I'd love to see some new features added to the forum or old ones put back. Here's my wishlist;

Who's online - A list of all current users searching the forum and how many lurkers/guests.

Latest threads - A list of the latest new threads added, like the last 10 posts list.

Search - To be able to search keywords through all the threads on the forum. So people like @ngel and Garin can find posts where I've mentioned them, a lot easier.

Polls - I love polls, I could probably create a few dozen right now :) starting with whether you think Bush should step down 2 years early.

Font Colours - Okay maybe not a whole raindow selection, but one or two knews might come in handy, like a blue.

More Forums - For Mods I mean, allowing us to mod more than one forum, but then this is mainly because we want new forums. Although I think people like pb would like to encourage activity in more threads not just Creative.

Last 10 posts - This use to be in profiles, I used it quite a lot to spy.. I mean to see when people were last online posting.

Profiles - Apart from the avatar and the stats there's not much else :( I would like to see the profile back to normal so we can list more things about us, like our favourite movies, songs etc.

Favourites - The ability to add threads to a favourite list so you can go back to them quite easily without having to go back 10 pages trying to find them again.

I'll think of some more :) anyone else got any features they'd like to see?
Sun 31/12/06 at 10:25
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Smedlos wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
>
> dear god no, part of the charm of this place is that it`s not
> spoiled by endless emoticons.
>
> Yes me too i'm all for extra bits giving more info but no
> avatars etc as they can ruin a forum if people use massive ones.

it`s not just that, a page full of little smiley animated images is horribly garish, ups the loading time of the page, looks tacky and generally just sucks.
Sat 30/12/06 at 16:31
Regular
"I may return"
Avatars could be no more than 100 x 120 pixels or something...
A limit on 3 emoticons per post :P

I don't care any more though...
Sat 30/12/06 at 16:29
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Very_Metal wrote:

> dear god no, part of the charm of this place is that it`s not
> spoiled by endless emoticons.

Yes me too i'm all for extra bits giving more info but no avatars etc as they can ruin a forum if people use massive ones.
Sat 30/12/06 at 11:36
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
What Metal said x2.
Sat 30/12/06 at 10:07
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Sunflower wrote:
> Actual smiley faces, instead of just :) or :(

dear god no, part of the charm of this place is that it`s not spoiled by endless emoticons.
Fri 29/12/06 at 19:02
Regular
"Mooching around"
I've only just memorised how to spell it myself :)
Fri 29/12/06 at 18:46
Regular
Sunflower wrote:
> Machie wrote:
> Don't worry lots of people get it wrong, just remember the
> ini bit
>
> :O All these years I've spelled it definately :O

Yeah sorry Sunny, we didn't want to mention it and make you look like a fool =(
Fri 29/12/06 at 18:41
Regular
"I may return"
Machie wrote:
> Don't worry lots of people get it wrong, just remember the
> ini bit

:O All these years I've spelled it definately :O
Fri 29/12/06 at 18:39
Regular
Vexxxed wrote:
> Wow, I would be lost without that function!
>
> Edit: woohoo! :D

LOL That's true, every post of yours I see it's been edited Vexxxed ;) maybe Freeola should include a spellchecker so people wont have to go back and edit their mistakes before someone notices hehe.

Remember guys, it's...

def[U]ini[/U]tely* =D

Don't worry lots of people get it wrong, just remember the ini bit
Fri 29/12/06 at 18:35
Regular
Garin wrote:
> I'd still like the CODE tags to allow showing of properly
> formatted code as well.

I'd like to be able to type in other languages too. Chinese, Japanese and Korean show up as gibberish =(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.