GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cheats! I hate them!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/06/00 at 18:43
Regular
Game cheats, you can skip levels, see special features, get things you would normally see when you complete the game. But I hate them!

Think of it,You get a new game put it in play it for a while then look up a cheat. You put in the cheat and then, in 1 hour you have completed a game that cost you 40 pounds.

You see what I am saying is that a cheat can totally ruin a game, you can play all the levels, get all the guns,cars, etc....

So why do the games companys do it? to add life to a game?
Cheats can be looked up on the internet and found in a few minutes! So companys should release game cheats a while after the game has been released, say a few months. A good example of this is Goldeneye, not only a work of genius of a game but also on its management.

Goldeneye was made for the gamer to be playing for a long time ( I was playing it for 3 years) Goldeneye made gamers after they had completed the game do certain levels in a certain time for a cheat. Some were easy, some hard, but the gamer continued to play to get these cheats. No codes where given out by Rare until 4 years later. These codes gave you the chance to get the cheats you had been trying 3 years to get. And now with the cheats players still continue to play the game, even more, just in time for Perfect Dark (the sequel). Genius!

Other games, e.g 'The Sims' gave you a code to get unlimted money, which totally ruins a stratagy game. And so many other games do the same thing.

So, game companys, follow Rares brillant actions and make a game last, don't give out cheats when the game is released, gamers want lastability!
Sat 24/06/00 at 21:43
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
'CHEAT TO WIN'

NOW THERE'S A MOTTO
Thu 22/06/00 at 21:11
If people think it ruins a game so much, they'll know that for them, using the cheat isn't worth it, so they shouldn't do it.
IT'S THEIR CHOICE, they don't have to ruin their game by cheating, so have no reason to complain about having an option they can chose to decline. Don't cheat, let people who like cheating have their fun.
Thu 22/06/00 at 20:07
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
Yes but it totally ruins a game, I am speaking for fellow gamers, not myself.
Thu 22/06/00 at 20:04
Have some self discipline.
If you really want the cheat to complete a level, you can still come back and do it again without after you've enjoyed all the fun of the next level.
Thu 22/06/00 at 19:37
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
Yes, but the temptation is huge. The way in which one code can make you stop frustratinly trying to complete a level!
Thu 22/06/00 at 19:26
Cheats are about having the choice. You don't have to look them up, and use them, but they can add a new dimension of fun, or help you get past the part you just can't do. Or they can save a load of running about collecting / doing / solving that gets in the way of the fun, and when you've done it with the cheats, you can do it without them.
If you don't want them, fine, don't use them, but they give you the option. If you like them, enjoy. If you don't, you don't need me to tell you to leave them well alone.
Thu 22/06/00 at 18:43
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
Game cheats, you can skip levels, see special features, get things you would normally see when you complete the game. But I hate them!

Think of it,You get a new game put it in play it for a while then look up a cheat. You put in the cheat and then, in 1 hour you have completed a game that cost you 40 pounds.

You see what I am saying is that a cheat can totally ruin a game, you can play all the levels, get all the guns,cars, etc....

So why do the games companys do it? to add life to a game?
Cheats can be looked up on the internet and found in a few minutes! So companys should release game cheats a while after the game has been released, say a few months. A good example of this is Goldeneye, not only a work of genius of a game but also on its management.

Goldeneye was made for the gamer to be playing for a long time ( I was playing it for 3 years) Goldeneye made gamers after they had completed the game do certain levels in a certain time for a cheat. Some were easy, some hard, but the gamer continued to play to get these cheats. No codes where given out by Rare until 4 years later. These codes gave you the chance to get the cheats you had been trying 3 years to get. And now with the cheats players still continue to play the game, even more, just in time for Perfect Dark (the sequel). Genius!

Other games, e.g 'The Sims' gave you a code to get unlimted money, which totally ruins a stratagy game. And so many other games do the same thing.

So, game companys, follow Rares brillant actions and make a game last, don't give out cheats when the game is released, gamers want lastability!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.