GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Come on Tottenham!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/04/01 at 22:45
Regular
I have been a Tottenham fan all of my life and even though at the moment Tottenham are not doing to well winning much, I will always be a loyal and dedicated fan of Tottenham. As I am a true Tottenham supporter, I believe that they will overcome the problem that has been occurring over the recent years and I really hope that they can become a great team once again.

THIS SEASON

So far this season, Tottenham haven't done too badly, but everyone knows that they can do so much better. They are currently 9th in the premiership at the moment having played 33 games, won 12, drawn 9 and lost 12. Even though they are sort of doing quite well in the premiership, they were knocked out of the Worthington Cup by first Division side Birmingham. They were beaten 3-1 at White Hart Lane, which was very surprising seeing as Tottenham are have only lost once so far this season, at White Hart Lane in the premiership, having won 10 of the 16 games that they have played there, drawing the 5 and losing the other 1. Tottenham's away record this season has simply been awful. They have played 17 games away from home and they have lost 11 of them, drawing 4 of them and winning 2. So basically, every time Tottenham win or draw at home, they seem to lose or draw away. Having seen a couple of Tottenham's home games this season, I have to admit that they have deserved their victories all when they have won and I feel that they should be higher up in the table than what they actually are at the moment.

A positive thing for Tottenham is the fact that at the moment, they have 4 first team players that are injured so to be honest, they are doing quite well. In my opinion, once they all return, Spurs will definitely move up the table. The players injured at the moment are Sol Campbell, Les Ferdinand, Darren Anderton and Ledley King. Also, Steffen Freund - even though he shouldn't be in the first team.

Below is a list of this seasons’ Tottenham squad and whether I think they are a hit or miss for the team.

Neil Sullivan

Tottenham's start to the season 2000/2001 has been a lot better then expected. Quite a lot of this is down to some great goalkeeping from Tottenham's new first choice keeper, Sullivan. He has made some great saves and kept Spurs in games where we have then gone on to win. Although I think that Walker is a good keeper, I think Sullivan is better and will help Tottenham to concede fewer goals this season. I think Sullivan can do well for us this season and hopefully, he can keep preventing us from conceding any goals. In my opinion, Sullivan is better than Walker.

Ian Walker

Ian Walker had been first choice goal keeper, for Tottenham, for the past few seasons, but he has yet to play this year, having seen Neil Sullivan take his place. In fact, Walker has been so annoyed by this that he has asked to be put on the transfer list, from which it has been accepted. This is a shame because Walker is a great goalie, but we all know that he does concede quite a few goals. If he leaves, we will only have 1 decent goalie in Sullivan and so we would have to buy another one.

Stephen Carr

Stephen Carr is a fantastic player who has had another great start to this season. He was voted player of the year for Spurs, last season, and if he can produce the goods again, I think that Spurs can go really far this season. He hasn't scored since the opening day but when he does score, it is amazing. For example, the goal he scored against Man United last season was simply unstoppable. The ball literally flew into the top corner. Any way, I hope Carr stays at Spurs because if he leaves, he will be a huge loss to them.

Ben Thatcher

Ben Thatcher arrived at Tottenham to play at left back. In my opinion, he is the best left back Tottenham have and I think once he settles down, he will prove that he has been a good buy from Wimbledon. He has not been at his best since arriving, but I hope that he soon starts showing what he can do because this will help Tottenham have a good chance of doing well this season. Over the past few years, we have not had a decent left back and so I hope Ben Thatcher is the person to solve that.

Sol Campbell

So far this year, Sol Campbell has been at the heart of the Tottenham defence, although he has not played in all of their games as he was injured for a few months when he injured his arm in the game against Brentford, in the Worthington Cup. While Campbell was out injured and not playing, Tottenham were conceding quite a few goals, but they were scoring a few too. Anyway, conceding the amount of goals that they were was not really acceptable for a decent Tottenham side, so as soon as Sol Campbell returned, everyone was assuming that Tottenham wouldn’t concede as many goals. Well, that sort of happened as we they started to get a few more clean sheets, with the help of Neil Sullivan, but Tottenham were still conceding quite a few goals.

So far this year, Sol Campbell has scored 2 goals in the premiership. These goals came against West Ham United, in which he actually scored the only goal of the game as Tottenham beat their opposition 1-0 at White Hart Lane. The other goal came recently in the game against Bradford City. The final score was 3-3, although Tottenham should have won the game, as they were 3-1 up at one point with goals from Ledley King, Sol Campbell and Chris Armstrong. Other than these two goals, Sol Campbell has mainly been at the heart of Tottenham’s defence, trying to prevent strikers and other players of the opposition, breaking through and going on to score.

Gary Doherty

Ever since Gary Doherty played his first game for Tottenham in defence, he has not missed a game and has also even scored a few goals, including Tottenham’s first F.A. Cup goal this season against Leyton Orient. He has played a vital role in Tottenham’s defence and he always gives 110%. He is a strong defender and a decent ball winner and he can also head the ball. He has proven himself to be a great signing from Luton Town and I think he will continue to improve and get much better.

Chris Perry

Chris Perry hasn't been playing to his best ability lately, which is a shame because he is a great player. He is quite intelligent and seems to know what he is doing. But this season has seen him play only a few games because of injury. When he is playing, he can form a great partnership with Sol Campbell and I hope he gets back from injury soon, so that Spurs can have a good chance of glory this year. Spurs have got people who can play in Perry's position, but I think Perry is the best player for his position.

Ramon Vega

Ramon Vega is, in my opinion, one of the worst players in the Tottenham squad. He has only been playing recently because of the absence of Sol Campbell and to be honest, the sooner Campbell gets back, the quicker Vega gets out and maybe we won't concede so many goals. Obviously, as soon as Campbell comes back from injury, he will go straight into Tottenham's side and Vega will be dropped. This is a fact and I hope that the youngsters can develop quickly into good players so Vega is restricted to playing hardly any games. Ramon Vega has recently moved to Celtic on a loan deal, until the end of the season. This seems to have turned out to be quite good for Vega as he scored 2 goals in his first game for Celtic.

Luke Young

Luke Young is one of Tottenham's young English stars that should go on to become a regular in both the Tottenham and England teams. He is a great defender with a lot of speed and although he doesn't seem to play many games for Tottenham, when he does play, he always puts 100% into the game.

Ledley King

Ledley King is just like Luke Young. He is a young English star who should go on to become a great player or both club and country. You never, know, one day, England’s centre backs could be Tottenham's Young and King...Who Knows? He has also recently got into Tottenham’s first team, which is good for both himself and the club, as it shows that Tottenham have got a few home born players that can soon become stars. Ledley King has also already got himself into the record books as he scored the fastest goal, ever in the premiership away to Bradford City. The time of the goal was an astonishing 10 seconds.

Oyvind Leonardson

Leonardson isn't a bad player but I feel he needs to improve or Tottenham should look at buying a new player. When Leonardson wants to, he can play really well and produce a lot of skill and goals, but I think that he hasn't been doing that lately. Tottenham are doing quite well this season and to keep it going, we need players who will put in 110% every game otherwise our chances of doing well are not very positive. Hopefully, Leonardson will start playing better and score more goals for Tottenham.

Tim Sherwood

Tim Sherwood use to be a great player, and to be honest, I still think he is. But he does need to start scoring a few more goals. In his first few seasons with Tottenham, he was playing some excellent football and scoring quite a few decent goals. But lately, he hasn't been scoring and like Leonardson, if Sherwood doesn't start showing what he can do, I can see Tottenham looking for a new midfielder. Another thing that is wrong with Sherwood is that he is quite old and so I can't see him playing in many more seasons.

Darren Anderton

Darren Anderton...Who? Oh! He is that player that plays for Tottenham Hotspur. Or should I say he doesn't play for Tottenham. Darren Anderton has been at Spurs for quite a few years now, and to my knowledge, Anderton has yet to play in a season with out getting injured. This is a shame because when Anderton does play, he nearly always puts in 110%. He can also score, which makes him a better player. Hopefully, Anderton will not be out for too long and he can come back and help Tottenham to have a good season.

Steffen Freund

Steffen Freud isn't what most of the Tottenham fans want in a midfielder. He has yet to score a goal in 3 years at White Hart Lane, and that is really just pathetic. I don't rate him and in fact, I don't know any one who actually likes him. If I was George Graham, I would sell him now, (as if they would get any money for him any way), but they should at least just get rid of him. Basically, he is rubbish and doesn't know how to play football. For some reason, Graham has been playing Freund this season and I think he should change that by putting Clemance in, instead of Freund.

Stephen Clemance

Stephen Clemance is one of Tottenham's young players who should be a first team regular, or at least should play quite a few games. Tottenham usually play Steffan Freud in midfield, but in my opinion, they should play Clemance. He is younger, faster and is more skilful than Freud and another thing is the fact that no one likes Freud. Hopefully, he will get into Tottenham's first team during this season.

Simon Davies

Simon Davies is one of Tottenham's young stars who in my opinion, hasn't yet settled down into the Tottenham team, in the premiership. He is a young and talented player and should keep improving to try and get into Tottenham's first team.

Steffen Iversen

Steffen Iversen has been the leading goal scorer for Tottenham for the past 2 seasons and in my opinion, I am glad he finally agreed a new contract with Spurs. He is a great player and although he is yet to score in the premiership this season, I can see him scoring loads, once he scores his first. (He has scored one this season in the Worthington Cup) His partnership with Rebrov is going to prove to be a threat to most premiership clubs. Early in the season, Iversen picked up an injury but he has now recovered and he also recently scored a goal against Coventry, although it was only his 2nd goal of the season for Tottenham.

Les Ferdinand

Les Ferdinand has surprisingly been playing in a few of Tottenham's games this season. In fact, he has already scored 2 goals and as long as he isn't injured, and is playing, I think he will score a lot of goals this season. Tottenham have 3 strikers at the moment, who are not injured, and all want to play and I reckon he should play all 3, until we buy a decent midfielder. At the moment, the only decent ones are Anderton, Leonardson, Sherwood and Clemance, and because Anderton is injured, we should play 3 strikers, instead of 4 midfielders.

Sergei Rebrov

Sergei Rebrov signed this year for a club record of £11 million. Tottenham's previous record was for Ferdinand at £6 million. Any way, Rebrov has proved that he can score, as he is Tottenham's leading scorer with 5 goals this season. But in my opinion, Rebrov can score a lot more. He is a small, but very skilful player, and he is definitely a better player than David Ginola. In my opinion, Rebrov will finish this season as Tottenham's leading goal scorer and hopefully, his goals will get Tottenham into Europe.

Chris Armstrong

Chris Armstrong was on a role towards the end of last season by scoring quite a few goals to put him on the same amount of goals as Steffan Iversen, in the premiership. But he is yet to play this season due to injury, and when he does recover, I am unsure as to whether he will play seeing as our other 3 strikers are all in good form. Chris Armstrong has had his ups and downs during his career, but when he is fully fit again, I reckon he will try and get back into the team, or he will simply ask for a transfer.

Many of the above players are youngsters, which is good for Tottenham's future as they will all be more experienced. Another good thing is the fact that all of are talented youngsters are English so we could see quite a few Tottenham stars later on in life, in the England's first 11.

GEORGE GRAHAM

When George Graham became the manager of Tottenham 2 years ago, a lot of fans were wondering whether he would be the right man for the managerial position at Tottenham seeing as he used to be the manager of none other than Tottenham's arch rivals, ARSENAL. Well, even though there were quite a few fans that didn't want George Graham as the manager of Tottenham, that still didn't stop him from taking Spurs all the way in the Worthington Cup and they even went on to win it in the last minute against Leicester City. Former Spurs star Allan Nielsen, who is now with Watford, scored the goal.

Anyway, in my opinion, George Graham is a good manager but I am still unsure whether he is the right man for the Tottenham job, even though he has been the manger for 2 years now. The reason for this is because there are still fans who dislike Graham and they will always dislike him as they feel he still has feelings for arch rivals Arsenal and I feel that because some fans dislike Graham and boo him every time Tottenham play, even if they win, some of the Tottenham players find it hard to play their best and Tottenham don't do as well as what they should do.

Graham's record as the Tottenham manager is quite poor seeing as his record with clubs that he has managed in the past has been very good. In my opinion, unless George Graham can start getting Tottenham up the table and winning things, I can see Graham either being sacked or leaving himself.

Recently, George Graham was sacked as the tottenham manager by ENIC because they felt that they would not be able to work with him as manager. This was very good news for Spurs fans, but better news was to come when Tottenham appointed Fan favourite Glenn Hoddle as the manager. Hoddle has been the manager for about 2 weeks and he has been in charge of Tottenham for 3 games so far. The first one was a really tough test as Tottenham faced Arsenal in the F.A Cup semi-final, but they lost 2-1. But, Hoddle won his first 2 league games as manager, beating Bradford City 2-1, and Sunderland 3-2, having been 2-0 down. Lets hope that Hoddle will bring success back to White Hart Lane.

ALAN SUGAR

Alan Sugar has been the chairman of Tottenham for quite a few years now, but in my opinion, and in so many other peoples' opinions too, he should quit because he just doesn't seem to be helping Tottenham in any way. Tottenham have got some good quality players in their squad but they need more quality players and to do this, Graham needs to buy them and the way to do that is to get money from the chairman, Alan Sugar. Alan Sugar is disliked by many Tottenham fans and a lot of the fans have stayed after games, outside the stadium and called for both Graham and Sugar to be sacked because they want their team to do well, and to be really honest, I am not surprised. I would also like things to change because I am fed up of Tottenham not winning anything season after season. In fact, Tottenham have done so poorly over the past decade that it is said that they are not a top quality team any more. This is a shame because Tottenham used to be such a good team and they were even known to be one of the teams of the 60’s as they won quite a few things during that decade. In my opinion, if Sugar leaves and Tottenham bring in a new chairman, maybe they can start winning more things. Alan Sugar recently sold his stake in Tottenham to ENIC and so finally, he isn't the Tottenham chairman anymore. This is news that Spurs fans had been wanting to hear for a long time.

LEGENDS

There have been many great players over the years for Tottenham and I a few of them are shown below.

Pat Jennings – Fantastic Goalkeeper for Tottenham
Steve Perryman – Played nearly 1000 matches in total for Tottenham.
Paul Allen – Another player who played many games for Tottenham.
Glenn Hoddle – He was a great player in his day for Tottenham.
Gary Lineker – Scored so many goals for Tottenham and was a fan favourite.
Chris Waddle – Another fan favourite. Scored quite a few goals for the club too.
Paul Gascoigne – Where his famous career started. Was an
Jurgen Klinsmann – The German was probably the most liked Tottenham player in their history. He also scored some great goals for the club.

Overall, Tottenham used to be a great side, but now they are not. They need to make some changes around the place otherwise I can see them going even further behind the top quality teams in the premiership, such as Man United, Arsenal, Leeds United, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Another thing that I would like to point out is the fact that if Tottenham do continue to win nothing and even end up getting relegated (it could happen at this rate), I can see a lot of fans stopping coming to watch Tottenham play, but although I will be very annoyed with them, as I said at the beginning of this opinion, I am a loyal and dedicated fan so I will not stop being a fan, just because of relegation. Hopefully, this won't happen. One very last point that I would like to make is that at this rate, Tottenham will end up losing all of their quality players and they would have no chance in the premiership. In fact, they might not even have a chance in Division 1, let alone the premiership.

Tottenham’s home ground, White Hart Lane, is in my opinion, one of the best stadiums in England at the moment. Although its capacity is only 36,200, you can always expect to find a full house when Tottenham play their games there. If you would like to find out more about what I think about White Hart Lane, please feel free to read and rate my opinion on White Hart Lane.

If I had to say what has been the saddest moment since I have been a fan of Tottenham, I would have to say it was when Jurgen Klinsmann left Tottenham and also when Teddy Sheringham left to join Manchester United. The reason for this is because they had been my favourite players for ages and to see them at the team I supported was simply brilliant. But, when they left, I have to admit that I thought it was a bit upsetting for me.

Are Tottenham going to finally challenge the top premiership teams for the title?
Wed 16/05/01 at 19:43
I ain't scared of you gooners!
Wed 18/04/01 at 18:38
Regular
"Whatever!"
Spurs challenging at the top - Ha Ha - Thats a good one!!
Wed 18/04/01 at 10:50
King Daz wrote:

> Are Tottenham going to finally challenge the
top premiership teams for the title?

NO.
Tue 17/04/01 at 22:45
Regular
I have been a Tottenham fan all of my life and even though at the moment Tottenham are not doing to well winning much, I will always be a loyal and dedicated fan of Tottenham. As I am a true Tottenham supporter, I believe that they will overcome the problem that has been occurring over the recent years and I really hope that they can become a great team once again.

THIS SEASON

So far this season, Tottenham haven't done too badly, but everyone knows that they can do so much better. They are currently 9th in the premiership at the moment having played 33 games, won 12, drawn 9 and lost 12. Even though they are sort of doing quite well in the premiership, they were knocked out of the Worthington Cup by first Division side Birmingham. They were beaten 3-1 at White Hart Lane, which was very surprising seeing as Tottenham are have only lost once so far this season, at White Hart Lane in the premiership, having won 10 of the 16 games that they have played there, drawing the 5 and losing the other 1. Tottenham's away record this season has simply been awful. They have played 17 games away from home and they have lost 11 of them, drawing 4 of them and winning 2. So basically, every time Tottenham win or draw at home, they seem to lose or draw away. Having seen a couple of Tottenham's home games this season, I have to admit that they have deserved their victories all when they have won and I feel that they should be higher up in the table than what they actually are at the moment.

A positive thing for Tottenham is the fact that at the moment, they have 4 first team players that are injured so to be honest, they are doing quite well. In my opinion, once they all return, Spurs will definitely move up the table. The players injured at the moment are Sol Campbell, Les Ferdinand, Darren Anderton and Ledley King. Also, Steffen Freund - even though he shouldn't be in the first team.

Below is a list of this seasons’ Tottenham squad and whether I think they are a hit or miss for the team.

Neil Sullivan

Tottenham's start to the season 2000/2001 has been a lot better then expected. Quite a lot of this is down to some great goalkeeping from Tottenham's new first choice keeper, Sullivan. He has made some great saves and kept Spurs in games where we have then gone on to win. Although I think that Walker is a good keeper, I think Sullivan is better and will help Tottenham to concede fewer goals this season. I think Sullivan can do well for us this season and hopefully, he can keep preventing us from conceding any goals. In my opinion, Sullivan is better than Walker.

Ian Walker

Ian Walker had been first choice goal keeper, for Tottenham, for the past few seasons, but he has yet to play this year, having seen Neil Sullivan take his place. In fact, Walker has been so annoyed by this that he has asked to be put on the transfer list, from which it has been accepted. This is a shame because Walker is a great goalie, but we all know that he does concede quite a few goals. If he leaves, we will only have 1 decent goalie in Sullivan and so we would have to buy another one.

Stephen Carr

Stephen Carr is a fantastic player who has had another great start to this season. He was voted player of the year for Spurs, last season, and if he can produce the goods again, I think that Spurs can go really far this season. He hasn't scored since the opening day but when he does score, it is amazing. For example, the goal he scored against Man United last season was simply unstoppable. The ball literally flew into the top corner. Any way, I hope Carr stays at Spurs because if he leaves, he will be a huge loss to them.

Ben Thatcher

Ben Thatcher arrived at Tottenham to play at left back. In my opinion, he is the best left back Tottenham have and I think once he settles down, he will prove that he has been a good buy from Wimbledon. He has not been at his best since arriving, but I hope that he soon starts showing what he can do because this will help Tottenham have a good chance of doing well this season. Over the past few years, we have not had a decent left back and so I hope Ben Thatcher is the person to solve that.

Sol Campbell

So far this year, Sol Campbell has been at the heart of the Tottenham defence, although he has not played in all of their games as he was injured for a few months when he injured his arm in the game against Brentford, in the Worthington Cup. While Campbell was out injured and not playing, Tottenham were conceding quite a few goals, but they were scoring a few too. Anyway, conceding the amount of goals that they were was not really acceptable for a decent Tottenham side, so as soon as Sol Campbell returned, everyone was assuming that Tottenham wouldn’t concede as many goals. Well, that sort of happened as we they started to get a few more clean sheets, with the help of Neil Sullivan, but Tottenham were still conceding quite a few goals.

So far this year, Sol Campbell has scored 2 goals in the premiership. These goals came against West Ham United, in which he actually scored the only goal of the game as Tottenham beat their opposition 1-0 at White Hart Lane. The other goal came recently in the game against Bradford City. The final score was 3-3, although Tottenham should have won the game, as they were 3-1 up at one point with goals from Ledley King, Sol Campbell and Chris Armstrong. Other than these two goals, Sol Campbell has mainly been at the heart of Tottenham’s defence, trying to prevent strikers and other players of the opposition, breaking through and going on to score.

Gary Doherty

Ever since Gary Doherty played his first game for Tottenham in defence, he has not missed a game and has also even scored a few goals, including Tottenham’s first F.A. Cup goal this season against Leyton Orient. He has played a vital role in Tottenham’s defence and he always gives 110%. He is a strong defender and a decent ball winner and he can also head the ball. He has proven himself to be a great signing from Luton Town and I think he will continue to improve and get much better.

Chris Perry

Chris Perry hasn't been playing to his best ability lately, which is a shame because he is a great player. He is quite intelligent and seems to know what he is doing. But this season has seen him play only a few games because of injury. When he is playing, he can form a great partnership with Sol Campbell and I hope he gets back from injury soon, so that Spurs can have a good chance of glory this year. Spurs have got people who can play in Perry's position, but I think Perry is the best player for his position.

Ramon Vega

Ramon Vega is, in my opinion, one of the worst players in the Tottenham squad. He has only been playing recently because of the absence of Sol Campbell and to be honest, the sooner Campbell gets back, the quicker Vega gets out and maybe we won't concede so many goals. Obviously, as soon as Campbell comes back from injury, he will go straight into Tottenham's side and Vega will be dropped. This is a fact and I hope that the youngsters can develop quickly into good players so Vega is restricted to playing hardly any games. Ramon Vega has recently moved to Celtic on a loan deal, until the end of the season. This seems to have turned out to be quite good for Vega as he scored 2 goals in his first game for Celtic.

Luke Young

Luke Young is one of Tottenham's young English stars that should go on to become a regular in both the Tottenham and England teams. He is a great defender with a lot of speed and although he doesn't seem to play many games for Tottenham, when he does play, he always puts 100% into the game.

Ledley King

Ledley King is just like Luke Young. He is a young English star who should go on to become a great player or both club and country. You never, know, one day, England’s centre backs could be Tottenham's Young and King...Who Knows? He has also recently got into Tottenham’s first team, which is good for both himself and the club, as it shows that Tottenham have got a few home born players that can soon become stars. Ledley King has also already got himself into the record books as he scored the fastest goal, ever in the premiership away to Bradford City. The time of the goal was an astonishing 10 seconds.

Oyvind Leonardson

Leonardson isn't a bad player but I feel he needs to improve or Tottenham should look at buying a new player. When Leonardson wants to, he can play really well and produce a lot of skill and goals, but I think that he hasn't been doing that lately. Tottenham are doing quite well this season and to keep it going, we need players who will put in 110% every game otherwise our chances of doing well are not very positive. Hopefully, Leonardson will start playing better and score more goals for Tottenham.

Tim Sherwood

Tim Sherwood use to be a great player, and to be honest, I still think he is. But he does need to start scoring a few more goals. In his first few seasons with Tottenham, he was playing some excellent football and scoring quite a few decent goals. But lately, he hasn't been scoring and like Leonardson, if Sherwood doesn't start showing what he can do, I can see Tottenham looking for a new midfielder. Another thing that is wrong with Sherwood is that he is quite old and so I can't see him playing in many more seasons.

Darren Anderton

Darren Anderton...Who? Oh! He is that player that plays for Tottenham Hotspur. Or should I say he doesn't play for Tottenham. Darren Anderton has been at Spurs for quite a few years now, and to my knowledge, Anderton has yet to play in a season with out getting injured. This is a shame because when Anderton does play, he nearly always puts in 110%. He can also score, which makes him a better player. Hopefully, Anderton will not be out for too long and he can come back and help Tottenham to have a good season.

Steffen Freund

Steffen Freud isn't what most of the Tottenham fans want in a midfielder. He has yet to score a goal in 3 years at White Hart Lane, and that is really just pathetic. I don't rate him and in fact, I don't know any one who actually likes him. If I was George Graham, I would sell him now, (as if they would get any money for him any way), but they should at least just get rid of him. Basically, he is rubbish and doesn't know how to play football. For some reason, Graham has been playing Freund this season and I think he should change that by putting Clemance in, instead of Freund.

Stephen Clemance

Stephen Clemance is one of Tottenham's young players who should be a first team regular, or at least should play quite a few games. Tottenham usually play Steffan Freud in midfield, but in my opinion, they should play Clemance. He is younger, faster and is more skilful than Freud and another thing is the fact that no one likes Freud. Hopefully, he will get into Tottenham's first team during this season.

Simon Davies

Simon Davies is one of Tottenham's young stars who in my opinion, hasn't yet settled down into the Tottenham team, in the premiership. He is a young and talented player and should keep improving to try and get into Tottenham's first team.

Steffen Iversen

Steffen Iversen has been the leading goal scorer for Tottenham for the past 2 seasons and in my opinion, I am glad he finally agreed a new contract with Spurs. He is a great player and although he is yet to score in the premiership this season, I can see him scoring loads, once he scores his first. (He has scored one this season in the Worthington Cup) His partnership with Rebrov is going to prove to be a threat to most premiership clubs. Early in the season, Iversen picked up an injury but he has now recovered and he also recently scored a goal against Coventry, although it was only his 2nd goal of the season for Tottenham.

Les Ferdinand

Les Ferdinand has surprisingly been playing in a few of Tottenham's games this season. In fact, he has already scored 2 goals and as long as he isn't injured, and is playing, I think he will score a lot of goals this season. Tottenham have 3 strikers at the moment, who are not injured, and all want to play and I reckon he should play all 3, until we buy a decent midfielder. At the moment, the only decent ones are Anderton, Leonardson, Sherwood and Clemance, and because Anderton is injured, we should play 3 strikers, instead of 4 midfielders.

Sergei Rebrov

Sergei Rebrov signed this year for a club record of £11 million. Tottenham's previous record was for Ferdinand at £6 million. Any way, Rebrov has proved that he can score, as he is Tottenham's leading scorer with 5 goals this season. But in my opinion, Rebrov can score a lot more. He is a small, but very skilful player, and he is definitely a better player than David Ginola. In my opinion, Rebrov will finish this season as Tottenham's leading goal scorer and hopefully, his goals will get Tottenham into Europe.

Chris Armstrong

Chris Armstrong was on a role towards the end of last season by scoring quite a few goals to put him on the same amount of goals as Steffan Iversen, in the premiership. But he is yet to play this season due to injury, and when he does recover, I am unsure as to whether he will play seeing as our other 3 strikers are all in good form. Chris Armstrong has had his ups and downs during his career, but when he is fully fit again, I reckon he will try and get back into the team, or he will simply ask for a transfer.

Many of the above players are youngsters, which is good for Tottenham's future as they will all be more experienced. Another good thing is the fact that all of are talented youngsters are English so we could see quite a few Tottenham stars later on in life, in the England's first 11.

GEORGE GRAHAM

When George Graham became the manager of Tottenham 2 years ago, a lot of fans were wondering whether he would be the right man for the managerial position at Tottenham seeing as he used to be the manager of none other than Tottenham's arch rivals, ARSENAL. Well, even though there were quite a few fans that didn't want George Graham as the manager of Tottenham, that still didn't stop him from taking Spurs all the way in the Worthington Cup and they even went on to win it in the last minute against Leicester City. Former Spurs star Allan Nielsen, who is now with Watford, scored the goal.

Anyway, in my opinion, George Graham is a good manager but I am still unsure whether he is the right man for the Tottenham job, even though he has been the manger for 2 years now. The reason for this is because there are still fans who dislike Graham and they will always dislike him as they feel he still has feelings for arch rivals Arsenal and I feel that because some fans dislike Graham and boo him every time Tottenham play, even if they win, some of the Tottenham players find it hard to play their best and Tottenham don't do as well as what they should do.

Graham's record as the Tottenham manager is quite poor seeing as his record with clubs that he has managed in the past has been very good. In my opinion, unless George Graham can start getting Tottenham up the table and winning things, I can see Graham either being sacked or leaving himself.

Recently, George Graham was sacked as the tottenham manager by ENIC because they felt that they would not be able to work with him as manager. This was very good news for Spurs fans, but better news was to come when Tottenham appointed Fan favourite Glenn Hoddle as the manager. Hoddle has been the manager for about 2 weeks and he has been in charge of Tottenham for 3 games so far. The first one was a really tough test as Tottenham faced Arsenal in the F.A Cup semi-final, but they lost 2-1. But, Hoddle won his first 2 league games as manager, beating Bradford City 2-1, and Sunderland 3-2, having been 2-0 down. Lets hope that Hoddle will bring success back to White Hart Lane.

ALAN SUGAR

Alan Sugar has been the chairman of Tottenham for quite a few years now, but in my opinion, and in so many other peoples' opinions too, he should quit because he just doesn't seem to be helping Tottenham in any way. Tottenham have got some good quality players in their squad but they need more quality players and to do this, Graham needs to buy them and the way to do that is to get money from the chairman, Alan Sugar. Alan Sugar is disliked by many Tottenham fans and a lot of the fans have stayed after games, outside the stadium and called for both Graham and Sugar to be sacked because they want their team to do well, and to be really honest, I am not surprised. I would also like things to change because I am fed up of Tottenham not winning anything season after season. In fact, Tottenham have done so poorly over the past decade that it is said that they are not a top quality team any more. This is a shame because Tottenham used to be such a good team and they were even known to be one of the teams of the 60’s as they won quite a few things during that decade. In my opinion, if Sugar leaves and Tottenham bring in a new chairman, maybe they can start winning more things. Alan Sugar recently sold his stake in Tottenham to ENIC and so finally, he isn't the Tottenham chairman anymore. This is news that Spurs fans had been wanting to hear for a long time.

LEGENDS

There have been many great players over the years for Tottenham and I a few of them are shown below.

Pat Jennings – Fantastic Goalkeeper for Tottenham
Steve Perryman – Played nearly 1000 matches in total for Tottenham.
Paul Allen – Another player who played many games for Tottenham.
Glenn Hoddle – He was a great player in his day for Tottenham.
Gary Lineker – Scored so many goals for Tottenham and was a fan favourite.
Chris Waddle – Another fan favourite. Scored quite a few goals for the club too.
Paul Gascoigne – Where his famous career started. Was an
Jurgen Klinsmann – The German was probably the most liked Tottenham player in their history. He also scored some great goals for the club.

Overall, Tottenham used to be a great side, but now they are not. They need to make some changes around the place otherwise I can see them going even further behind the top quality teams in the premiership, such as Man United, Arsenal, Leeds United, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Another thing that I would like to point out is the fact that if Tottenham do continue to win nothing and even end up getting relegated (it could happen at this rate), I can see a lot of fans stopping coming to watch Tottenham play, but although I will be very annoyed with them, as I said at the beginning of this opinion, I am a loyal and dedicated fan so I will not stop being a fan, just because of relegation. Hopefully, this won't happen. One very last point that I would like to make is that at this rate, Tottenham will end up losing all of their quality players and they would have no chance in the premiership. In fact, they might not even have a chance in Division 1, let alone the premiership.

Tottenham’s home ground, White Hart Lane, is in my opinion, one of the best stadiums in England at the moment. Although its capacity is only 36,200, you can always expect to find a full house when Tottenham play their games there. If you would like to find out more about what I think about White Hart Lane, please feel free to read and rate my opinion on White Hart Lane.

If I had to say what has been the saddest moment since I have been a fan of Tottenham, I would have to say it was when Jurgen Klinsmann left Tottenham and also when Teddy Sheringham left to join Manchester United. The reason for this is because they had been my favourite players for ages and to see them at the team I supported was simply brilliant. But, when they left, I have to admit that I thought it was a bit upsetting for me.

Are Tottenham going to finally challenge the top premiership teams for the title?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.