GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Formula 1 *yawn*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/05/04 at 14:01
Regular
I know Grandprix loves it, but watching it here on ITV, it's really quite boring. The 'highlights' consist of tales of cracked exhausts and fuel stop strategies. What 'racing' there is is confined to the first few laps, then it's just a procession of cars following each other around the track.

Now I don't keep up with it every week, and this may be just a particularly dull race, but it's just not an interesting spectator sport.

What really tweaks my melon is that BTCC, a superb sport full of action, featuring what I consider to be 'real' racing, and not monopolised by one team or driver, is only shown as crappy highlights, a week after the race took place.

I've tried my damndest to like Formula 1, but I just find it yawn inducing for the most part. Why can't they put BTCC on BBC1, Live, so I can enjoy the miracle of proper motorsport?

Views ....
Sun 09/05/04 at 14:01
Regular
I know Grandprix loves it, but watching it here on ITV, it's really quite boring. The 'highlights' consist of tales of cracked exhausts and fuel stop strategies. What 'racing' there is is confined to the first few laps, then it's just a procession of cars following each other around the track.

Now I don't keep up with it every week, and this may be just a particularly dull race, but it's just not an interesting spectator sport.

What really tweaks my melon is that BTCC, a superb sport full of action, featuring what I consider to be 'real' racing, and not monopolised by one team or driver, is only shown as crappy highlights, a week after the race took place.

I've tried my damndest to like Formula 1, but I just find it yawn inducing for the most part. Why can't they put BTCC on BBC1, Live, so I can enjoy the miracle of proper motorsport?

Views ....
Sun 09/05/04 at 14:35
Regular
wooooooo, BTCC is dominated by Vauxhall!
Sun 09/05/04 at 14:37
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I love the start of Formula One then it gets quite boring.

Wakka interest-o-meter - FORMULA ONE RACING

Bored | * |
Dozing off | * |
Snoring |_____________________________________|

Start Middle End
Sun 09/05/04 at 14:37
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Damn, that didn't work! ;-)
Sun 09/05/04 at 14:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It's very much an acquired taste at the moment but there is hope of closer racing on the horizon. Some say it's just going to make Formula 1 more like F3000 but with bigger budgets. All they have to do is get the racing closer and work from there.

Anyway, for anyone that is interested in some of the changes, [URL]http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/20938[/URL]

Also, I like BTCC and I think Vauxhall do dominate it. It only evens up when the Vauxhalls have weight penalties.
Sun 09/05/04 at 21:21
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
i think F1 is pretty good for the first hour or two then i get fed up and leave the telly then a car flys off the track and something like that and i was 10 min out ! darn! curses you darn telly!
Sun 09/05/04 at 22:02
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Formula 1 is good to watch,except at the front, where Ferrari dominate and create boredom. Otherwise, it is damn good. If BAR, Williams and McLaren improve, we could see some damn close racing soon enough.

BTCC, however, is incredibly good. The rules may be complex, but the competiton is good and close. One of the advantages is that there are privateer and works teams, so the field is madeup mostly of the same cars (ie Vauxhalls, Hondas and MGs) plus a few SEATs, BMWs and Alfa Romeos.
Sun 09/05/04 at 22:09
Regular
What I find boring about F1 is that in general the positions in lap 10 are the same as they are at the end of the race. Also theres some good its of action but you have to watch so much of the race just to see a flash of something good happen.
Mon 10/05/04 at 08:16
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The only problemin F1 is that Ferrari and Schumacher dominate. Last year they were almost beaten by the Williams and McLaren teams, but their radical new cars didn't work out this year. However, both should be competitive by the summer. Too late for the championship, but about time to see some real competition.
Mon 10/05/04 at 12:40
"Darth Vader 3442321"
They should ditch qualifying and start the next race in reverse order. In most races Schmacher will be near or at the back having to carve his way through the pack. There would be a lot of strategy needed to ensure constant point scoring finishes.

And some oil slicks would be good as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.