GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Formula 1 *yawn*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/05/04 at 14:01
Regular
I know Grandprix loves it, but watching it here on ITV, it's really quite boring. The 'highlights' consist of tales of cracked exhausts and fuel stop strategies. What 'racing' there is is confined to the first few laps, then it's just a procession of cars following each other around the track.

Now I don't keep up with it every week, and this may be just a particularly dull race, but it's just not an interesting spectator sport.

What really tweaks my melon is that BTCC, a superb sport full of action, featuring what I consider to be 'real' racing, and not monopolised by one team or driver, is only shown as crappy highlights, a week after the race took place.

I've tried my damndest to like Formula 1, but I just find it yawn inducing for the most part. Why can't they put BTCC on BBC1, Live, so I can enjoy the miracle of proper motorsport?

Views ....
Thu 13/05/04 at 17:49
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Well, steps are being made to decrease the amount of driver aids

Sorry, it's my sick mind.
Thu 13/05/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Well, steps are being made to decrease the amount of driver aids, but I can't forsee this happening until next year at the earliest. In my opinion, this is what should be changed in F1, some of them in the FIA's plans.

-No driver aids, eg traction/launch control, semi-automatic gearboxes

-Decrease the dimensions of cars

-Use slick tyres from one manufacturer

-Option of nitro boost, like in Champcars- 30 secs worth of boost for each car in each race (Used in races only, not in qualifying)

-Reduction in testing

-Increase grid to 26 cars
Tue 11/05/04 at 12:40
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, steps are in place to get back to the old days of drivers working instead of pressing a few buttons.

Although the fatality rate would be through the roof, a Supercars (Amiga game) World Championship would be great fun. :D
Tue 11/05/04 at 00:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Azul wrote:
> They should also fit Hellfire missiles to the sides, and a mounted
> minigun and stuff.
> I'm sure that'd spice things up.

Schumacher's a dangerous cheating *bleep* in the first place without making him even more dangerous.

But yea i've gotten bored with F1 ever since Murray left i think. He could make even the most boring race sound like the most exciting thing in the world. Nowadays all the skill has been taken away from the sport, the car does most of the things for the driver now they just need to point it in the corner. Not like back in the old days when the championships were decided by pure drivers skill not who has the best technology. That's why i'll never rate Schumy in the same class as people like Fangio, Senna and Prost because, well one, they actually had a decent rival to challenge them and two, they actually drove the car and didn't have a second a lap advantage. My bloomin gran could win a championship in the Ferrari at the moment and she's been dead for years
Mon 10/05/04 at 22:29
Regular
"favmanager"
yes true.
Mon 10/05/04 at 22:10
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Until the new rules take effect, it's up to the other teams to try and catch Ferrari.
Mon 10/05/04 at 22:04
Regular
"favmanager"
Formula 1 is ok for me but Ferrari and Schumacher is boring becasue they always winner all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would like see something different!!!!

c u ya
Mon 10/05/04 at 21:59
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've been following Formula 1 for about 4 years now and I enjoy it, I know everyone says it's boring because Shumi wins all the time, but personally I enjoy watching history in the making. Plus it's good to watch the other drivers developing and following their careers, like Jenson Button for example.

However I do watch other motorsports, like the BTCC and there's absolutely no doubt that it's much more interesting. The races are so much closer and the cars are more robust so drivers can knock each other about a little without their wheels falling off with the slightest touch. I mean if an F1 driver nudges another driver they either get drive through penalties or fines, it makes drivers a little more wary when jostling for position, which results in a duller race.

I'll be interested to see how the new rules that are due around 2008 effect the races, driver aids should certainly be abolished and there should be a limit to the amount of money a team can spend in a year. I mean if you compare teams like Minardi and Ferrari; Ferrari has a budget of 300 million dollars, whereas Minardi are lucky if they can scrape together 50 million dollars. So it's easy to see where the big difference really comes from; money.
Mon 10/05/04 at 21:48
Regular
They really need jumps through rings of fire. That would liven things up a bit.
Mon 10/05/04 at 20:04
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
Azul wrote:
> They should also fit Hellfire missiles to the sides, and a mounted
> minigun and stuff.
> I'm sure that'd spice things up.

thats legal??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.