GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario an Sonic game- Is it a good idea?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/04/01 at 19:17
Regular
A Sonic and Mario game sounds great to some. But they are both two different platform styles, therefore mixing both sounds too strange and could come across as that. Could it really work?
Wed 18/04/01 at 00:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Can't say i'd be too excited about a game like that.
I enjoy playing the games seperatly, but it justs sound like a title that would be a real dismal failure if they're added together. And maybe its just me, but i'd detect a real cheesy element to it, hard to explain it ;-))

Tue 17/04/01 at 22:51
Regular
I'm not sure if it would work.

Both characters are suited to their own worlds, and would struggle in each others...

Okay, how about if Bowser and Robotnic are working together to do some dastard plan in some far away castle.

Both Mario and Sonic make their way to the castle but from opposite directions.

Mario will play through Mario style levels (with his gang as alternatives to play has), with Sonic in Sonic style levels (the same idea with his own gang) until they meet at the castle.

The door to the main room is locked by a number of locks stopping them from getting in. They fight a sort of "halfway through game boss" and then some big explosion blows them out of the castle.

Sonic finds himself where Mario started and vice versa. Now they'll have to play through each others levels. They'll find the keys as they go.

They'll get to the end and then to beat the "Bowser/Robotnic" boss, they'll form a Donkey Kong Country style tag team where they have to take in turns to use their skills to harm the boss.

After that you be able form tag teams (consisting of one of the Mario team and one of the Sonic team) in any level to find the last secret bits. Both missing stars and chaos emeralds will need to be found to get the true ending.

And if Nintendo and the Sonic Team are feeling really nice towards us consumers, they'll throw in a multiplayer too.
Perhaps like Edgy said, like Smash Bros only this time I'd like to see it in 3D.

IF they put the effort into it instead of just milking the franchise (fortunately we can reley on Naka and Miyamoto to give us the game we deserve) and IF they ACTUALLY make it, we could be in for a real platforming/adventure/beat-em-up treat!
Tue 17/04/01 at 20:50
yeh with all the gang!
Tue 17/04/01 at 20:39
Regular
IT would work as a Smash Bros kind of game!
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:29
yeh probably right....
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:27
bad idea,never mix to off the most important figures in games
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:19
Can and will!
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:18
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
It'd be like Sonic Adventure only the adventure bits are Mario and the action bits are Sonic.
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:17
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
A Sonic and Mario game sounds great to some. But they are both two different platform styles, therefore mixing both sounds too strange and could come across as that. Could it really work?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.