GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Phantasy Star Online Story"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/04/01 at 17:31
Regular
I don't know why I put it in this forum but here we go on the story!

This is the first chapter in my story called ‘Phantasy Star Online: The Adventures of Metahu’. I hope you enjoy it. There will be more soon!

INTRODUCTION

A long, long time in the future, the end of the world in nigh. Humans have somehow always known that they would be responsible for the apocalypse and as it turns out they were right. As the centuries went by, humans have carried on consuming all of the Earth's resources. With a global population of over 200 billion people there isn't enough for everyone. All reserves of coal, oil and other fossil fuels have long since depleted. A thick layer of greenhouse gases now surrounds the Earth and surface temperatures of over 60 degrees Celsius aren't uncommon. All forests have been destroyed to make way for huge cities to give homes to the masses of people on Earth. But this has all become too much for our planet and there is nothing left but these cities and millions of square miles of deserts and the decay of past forests.

Ten years ago it was decided that the planet had to be evacuated. A plan had to be quickly developed that would enable the 10 billion people of the Earth to be evacuated. The Pioneer project was just that. The project begun with thousands of unmanned space probes being sent out across the galaxy to find a suitable planet that could replace Earth as man's new home. After months of searching one of the probes found a planet very similar to Earth. Forests, seas and oxygen rich air were some of the features of the newly discovered planet, which was named Ragol.

After the probe had surveyed the planet and found that it was suitable, the huge spacecraft Pioneer 1 was sent to the planet with a team of scientists and other researchers. Their task was to closely investigate Ragol and also set up the central dome of the new city.

After 7 years on the Ragol, the mission was deemed a success, as the researchers had found no problems on the planet. It was at this point that phase 2 of Earth's evacuation could begin. The next spacecraft sent to Ragol was Pioneer 2. This mission involved taking the first wave of refugees to Ragol so they could start their new lives. This huge city in space arrived at the planet Ragol after a long voyage through hyperspace. The people on board were anxious to get down to the planet in order to see what it was like.

The operation to transport the people down then began. The Pioneer 1 dome shot out a teleportation beam to Pioneer 2, which was still orbiting the planet. Pioneer 2 did the same thing. All that was needed was for the two beams to join each other and the teleportation could begin. But just then, something happened. To one side of the dome a huge transparent creature appeared. Then seconds afterwards the creature let off an explosion, which was so massive, it shook all of Ragol. The people on board Pioneer 2 could see the blue coloured explosion spread across the planet. All contact with those on Pioneer 1 was lost. What had happened? Where the crew on Pioneer 1 still alive? These questions plagued the minds of those on-board the orbiting city.

And this is when the adventure begins.......

CHAPTER 1: THE HUNTER’S ASSIGNMENT

The Principal is a very strict man. He is quite short and chubby and has a rather menacing look to his face. When somebody looks at him, they know he means business. The Principal is sat at his desk in his ‘office’. The ‘office’ is a glass structure high in the Pioneer 2 spacecraft and is a kind of oblong shape. The room has a great view of the stars and the planet Ragol can be seen behind the Principal giving off a shining blue glow, a reminder of Earth.

The Principal looks troubled as he sits at his desk. He has just heard of the Pioneer 1 incident and is trying to decide what to do. His mind is plagued with thoughts. What has happened on the planet? What will we do now? Just then somebody enters through the teleporter at the far side of the room.

The figure slowly emerges from the teleporter, gradually becoming more and more visible. As the Principal watches this figure it turns out that it is an android hunter more commonly known as a HUcast. He can tell this because the android is holding an unarmed Saber in his hand, the default weapon of a hunter. The saber is a light based sword weapon, which when armed, emits a ray of Proton energy which can be used to attack enemies. It is lethal in battle as it can cause serious damage to an enemy when used by an experienced hunter.

The Hunter is fairly tall and made of a strong metal. He is blue all over with two stripes of silver down his chest. His head is only featured with two flat eyes and a straight horizontal mouth. The Hunter walks towards the Principal slowly without a sound. The Principal looks at him in a relaxed way as though he has been expecting him. “Good Day, Metahu” says the Principal clearly. “Good Day, Sir” replies Metahu. His voice is toneless revealing his android form. The Principal stands up. “I have called you here as I have a special assignment for you. My assistant informed me that you are a Hunter of the highest calibre and you would be perfect for the job. It won’t be easy, but you won’t go un-rewarded”. “Yes, Sir” replies Metahu, again showing no emotion or feeling in his voice. “Your task is to go down to the surface of Ragol and find out what has been going on down there. I don’t know what you will find down there but I advise you to go armed as there are reports that the creatures down there can be dangerous”. “Yes, sir. I will go right away” replies Metahu. “Ok, then. Be careful” says the Principal as Metahu turns away and activates the teleporter. As he is being teleported down he hears the Principal utter someone’s name. “Rico” he thinks.

The next thing the Hunter sees is a lush, green line of foliage at either side of a grassy path. He is already down on Ragol. It is very quiet and very beautiful. Metahu has never been to Ragol before so he doesn’t know what to expect. His first impressions are positive as it looks like the ideal place to live. Its like something out of a dream only its real. Metahu walks forward along the path for about half an hour witnessing row after row of beautiful foliage, which glistens in the light of the alien sun. He encounters various streams which flow pure transparent water.

As he walks on he encounters a large opening. He can hear a noise but doesn’t know what it is. He takes his saber and holds it cautiously in his hand. Metahu looks around but sees nothing. Just as he is about to put his saber away a big, black creature emerges from the trees to his left. How he didn’t see it he doesn’t know as its black colour stands out from the surrounding green. Metahu stands back and activates his saber which immediately emits a blue ray of photon energy. The black figure is about as tall as one of the surrounding trees and has menacing green eyes. It has short legs and long arms. It looks quite like a Gorilla does back on Earth.

The Gorilla creature swings its arm at Metahu who in return, slashes his saber at the creature which wounds it fatally. The creature then falls to the ground with a deep roar. Metahu deactivates his saber and runs from the creature and through the trees. He then realises that he has found what he wanted to find. The great dome of Pioneer 1 stands tall in front of Metahu. He walks slowly toward the structure. It doesn’t look damaged at all as the explosion that occurred earlier might suggest.

Metahu finally reaches the structure and finds that the only entrance is blocked. However, next to the door he finds a computer terminal which could provide him with the information he needs. He taps into the terminal and finds a notice that has been left. It reads:

“I am Rico Tyrell, the greatest hunter that ever lived! I was in Pioneer 1 when the explosion occurred. I don’t know what caused it but I’m pretty sure that it was something native to this planet. Maybe it doesn’t want us here and is trying to get rid of us. I don’t know for sure. Anyway, the survivors have fled to the caves to look for shelter and maybe find something we can use to communicate back with Pioneer 2. If you are reading this, you are probably from Pioneer 2. Please come and find us in the caves and take us back to the planet. We are trying to evade the creatures that live on this planet. They didn’t use to be vicious but since the explosion they have become evil. Come and find us before it is too late!”

Metahu knew what he had to do. He had to go and search for Rico and the others. The entrance to the caves was just ahead so he rushed on inside.

As he enters the caves he heard a loud noise. It was a roaring noise much louder than that made by the gorilla creature. He looks ahead of him and sees nothing. Just then a green circle appears in front of him. It is an eye! It was then that the cave lit up revealing the owner of the eye. It is a huge dragon! It has huge curving wings and really big teeth. The dragon attacked Metahu by breathing a huge stream of fire at him. Metahu dived out of the way and activated his saber again. The dragon tried to follow Metahu about but it couldn’t keep up with him as he was too fast. Metahu hacked at the dragon’s right leg. The dragon roared in pain as it began limping around the cave.

The dragon then started flapping its wings and shot up into the air. It then dived back down and burrowed underground. It then started burrowing underground following Metahu around. Metahu ran as fast as he could. However, the dragon had cornered him and just as it was about to break out of the ground, Metahu dived to his side so the dragon missed him. The dragon then landed on the ground shaking the cave. Rocks fell from the roof of the cave and Metahu had to evade these huge lumps of solid rock. Metahu ran at the dragon and slashed at its neck. The dragon was defeated. It fell to the ground with a huge crash and let out its final breath. Metahu had destroyed a huge dragon! Metahu deactivated his saber and sighed in relief. After doing this he slowly and cautiously continued into the cave.

Metahu has just begun his adventures. What will lie waiting for him in the cave? FIND OUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER, COMING SOON!
Tue 17/04/01 at 17:31
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
I don't know why I put it in this forum but here we go on the story!

This is the first chapter in my story called ‘Phantasy Star Online: The Adventures of Metahu’. I hope you enjoy it. There will be more soon!

INTRODUCTION

A long, long time in the future, the end of the world in nigh. Humans have somehow always known that they would be responsible for the apocalypse and as it turns out they were right. As the centuries went by, humans have carried on consuming all of the Earth's resources. With a global population of over 200 billion people there isn't enough for everyone. All reserves of coal, oil and other fossil fuels have long since depleted. A thick layer of greenhouse gases now surrounds the Earth and surface temperatures of over 60 degrees Celsius aren't uncommon. All forests have been destroyed to make way for huge cities to give homes to the masses of people on Earth. But this has all become too much for our planet and there is nothing left but these cities and millions of square miles of deserts and the decay of past forests.

Ten years ago it was decided that the planet had to be evacuated. A plan had to be quickly developed that would enable the 10 billion people of the Earth to be evacuated. The Pioneer project was just that. The project begun with thousands of unmanned space probes being sent out across the galaxy to find a suitable planet that could replace Earth as man's new home. After months of searching one of the probes found a planet very similar to Earth. Forests, seas and oxygen rich air were some of the features of the newly discovered planet, which was named Ragol.

After the probe had surveyed the planet and found that it was suitable, the huge spacecraft Pioneer 1 was sent to the planet with a team of scientists and other researchers. Their task was to closely investigate Ragol and also set up the central dome of the new city.

After 7 years on the Ragol, the mission was deemed a success, as the researchers had found no problems on the planet. It was at this point that phase 2 of Earth's evacuation could begin. The next spacecraft sent to Ragol was Pioneer 2. This mission involved taking the first wave of refugees to Ragol so they could start their new lives. This huge city in space arrived at the planet Ragol after a long voyage through hyperspace. The people on board were anxious to get down to the planet in order to see what it was like.

The operation to transport the people down then began. The Pioneer 1 dome shot out a teleportation beam to Pioneer 2, which was still orbiting the planet. Pioneer 2 did the same thing. All that was needed was for the two beams to join each other and the teleportation could begin. But just then, something happened. To one side of the dome a huge transparent creature appeared. Then seconds afterwards the creature let off an explosion, which was so massive, it shook all of Ragol. The people on board Pioneer 2 could see the blue coloured explosion spread across the planet. All contact with those on Pioneer 1 was lost. What had happened? Where the crew on Pioneer 1 still alive? These questions plagued the minds of those on-board the orbiting city.

And this is when the adventure begins.......

CHAPTER 1: THE HUNTER’S ASSIGNMENT

The Principal is a very strict man. He is quite short and chubby and has a rather menacing look to his face. When somebody looks at him, they know he means business. The Principal is sat at his desk in his ‘office’. The ‘office’ is a glass structure high in the Pioneer 2 spacecraft and is a kind of oblong shape. The room has a great view of the stars and the planet Ragol can be seen behind the Principal giving off a shining blue glow, a reminder of Earth.

The Principal looks troubled as he sits at his desk. He has just heard of the Pioneer 1 incident and is trying to decide what to do. His mind is plagued with thoughts. What has happened on the planet? What will we do now? Just then somebody enters through the teleporter at the far side of the room.

The figure slowly emerges from the teleporter, gradually becoming more and more visible. As the Principal watches this figure it turns out that it is an android hunter more commonly known as a HUcast. He can tell this because the android is holding an unarmed Saber in his hand, the default weapon of a hunter. The saber is a light based sword weapon, which when armed, emits a ray of Proton energy which can be used to attack enemies. It is lethal in battle as it can cause serious damage to an enemy when used by an experienced hunter.

The Hunter is fairly tall and made of a strong metal. He is blue all over with two stripes of silver down his chest. His head is only featured with two flat eyes and a straight horizontal mouth. The Hunter walks towards the Principal slowly without a sound. The Principal looks at him in a relaxed way as though he has been expecting him. “Good Day, Metahu” says the Principal clearly. “Good Day, Sir” replies Metahu. His voice is toneless revealing his android form. The Principal stands up. “I have called you here as I have a special assignment for you. My assistant informed me that you are a Hunter of the highest calibre and you would be perfect for the job. It won’t be easy, but you won’t go un-rewarded”. “Yes, Sir” replies Metahu, again showing no emotion or feeling in his voice. “Your task is to go down to the surface of Ragol and find out what has been going on down there. I don’t know what you will find down there but I advise you to go armed as there are reports that the creatures down there can be dangerous”. “Yes, sir. I will go right away” replies Metahu. “Ok, then. Be careful” says the Principal as Metahu turns away and activates the teleporter. As he is being teleported down he hears the Principal utter someone’s name. “Rico” he thinks.

The next thing the Hunter sees is a lush, green line of foliage at either side of a grassy path. He is already down on Ragol. It is very quiet and very beautiful. Metahu has never been to Ragol before so he doesn’t know what to expect. His first impressions are positive as it looks like the ideal place to live. Its like something out of a dream only its real. Metahu walks forward along the path for about half an hour witnessing row after row of beautiful foliage, which glistens in the light of the alien sun. He encounters various streams which flow pure transparent water.

As he walks on he encounters a large opening. He can hear a noise but doesn’t know what it is. He takes his saber and holds it cautiously in his hand. Metahu looks around but sees nothing. Just as he is about to put his saber away a big, black creature emerges from the trees to his left. How he didn’t see it he doesn’t know as its black colour stands out from the surrounding green. Metahu stands back and activates his saber which immediately emits a blue ray of photon energy. The black figure is about as tall as one of the surrounding trees and has menacing green eyes. It has short legs and long arms. It looks quite like a Gorilla does back on Earth.

The Gorilla creature swings its arm at Metahu who in return, slashes his saber at the creature which wounds it fatally. The creature then falls to the ground with a deep roar. Metahu deactivates his saber and runs from the creature and through the trees. He then realises that he has found what he wanted to find. The great dome of Pioneer 1 stands tall in front of Metahu. He walks slowly toward the structure. It doesn’t look damaged at all as the explosion that occurred earlier might suggest.

Metahu finally reaches the structure and finds that the only entrance is blocked. However, next to the door he finds a computer terminal which could provide him with the information he needs. He taps into the terminal and finds a notice that has been left. It reads:

“I am Rico Tyrell, the greatest hunter that ever lived! I was in Pioneer 1 when the explosion occurred. I don’t know what caused it but I’m pretty sure that it was something native to this planet. Maybe it doesn’t want us here and is trying to get rid of us. I don’t know for sure. Anyway, the survivors have fled to the caves to look for shelter and maybe find something we can use to communicate back with Pioneer 2. If you are reading this, you are probably from Pioneer 2. Please come and find us in the caves and take us back to the planet. We are trying to evade the creatures that live on this planet. They didn’t use to be vicious but since the explosion they have become evil. Come and find us before it is too late!”

Metahu knew what he had to do. He had to go and search for Rico and the others. The entrance to the caves was just ahead so he rushed on inside.

As he enters the caves he heard a loud noise. It was a roaring noise much louder than that made by the gorilla creature. He looks ahead of him and sees nothing. Just then a green circle appears in front of him. It is an eye! It was then that the cave lit up revealing the owner of the eye. It is a huge dragon! It has huge curving wings and really big teeth. The dragon attacked Metahu by breathing a huge stream of fire at him. Metahu dived out of the way and activated his saber again. The dragon tried to follow Metahu about but it couldn’t keep up with him as he was too fast. Metahu hacked at the dragon’s right leg. The dragon roared in pain as it began limping around the cave.

The dragon then started flapping its wings and shot up into the air. It then dived back down and burrowed underground. It then started burrowing underground following Metahu around. Metahu ran as fast as he could. However, the dragon had cornered him and just as it was about to break out of the ground, Metahu dived to his side so the dragon missed him. The dragon then landed on the ground shaking the cave. Rocks fell from the roof of the cave and Metahu had to evade these huge lumps of solid rock. Metahu ran at the dragon and slashed at its neck. The dragon was defeated. It fell to the ground with a huge crash and let out its final breath. Metahu had destroyed a huge dragon! Metahu deactivated his saber and sighed in relief. After doing this he slowly and cautiously continued into the cave.

Metahu has just begun his adventures. What will lie waiting for him in the cave? FIND OUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER, COMING SOON!
Tue 17/04/01 at 17:53
a good post pagey,very good,well todays winner is between you and dan2k1,he has posted an awsone one as well,good luck,cause i think PSO rules
Tue 17/04/01 at 17:57
Regular
Ah......your really pushing it again pagey.
Tue 17/04/01 at 18:09
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Was it copied?
Tue 17/04/01 at 18:16
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
No, it was definately not copied. I swear it.
Tue 17/04/01 at 18:56
If it is copied better own up now, you'll get busted!!
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:05
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
I swear on my DREAMCAST that it isn't copied!
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:10
mmmm.... shall we take his word lads?
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:12
Regular
I dunno been done before already i recall.
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:14
wow snipe you didn't shout or insult me! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.