GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"connecting the pc to the TV"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/05/04 at 14:47
Regular
"Time Up"
My video card came with an s-video cable that allows connecting the pc to a DVD using the S-video cable, when I tried to connect my pc to my tv, the picture appeared black and white, I tried changing the display format from pal to ntsc and vice versa from the display options and it doesn't work, it's still black and white, and anyway my tv is multiformat, and when I tried to connect them using the composite av cable it worked and the picture became in colour, but it's still black and white when using the s-video cable, does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Sat 08/05/04 at 21:06
Regular
"Digging!"
Cusack wrote:
> Thanks, I've already fixed the problem, it wasn't plugged correctly,
> but tell me, just in case I need any thing in the future, how do you
> download a manual ? The one that came with the TV was rubish..

It'll be the same one that came with the TV. Just go to the maunfactures website, as they nearly always have the manuals to download.
Sat 08/05/04 at 15:13
Regular
"Time Up"
Thanks, I've already fixed the problem, it wasn't plugged correctly, but tell me, just in case I need any thing in the future, how do you download a manual ? The one that came with the TV was rubish..
Sat 08/05/04 at 08:56
Regular
"Digging!"
I'm not sure with a Toshiba. Do you have the manueal handy? If so, go to the index and look for S-video. If you can't work it out I'll see if I can download the manual as a pfd and have a look.
Fri 07/05/04 at 19:16
Regular
"Time Up"
taka-Q wrote:
> Cusack wrote:
> My video card came with an s-video cable that allows connecting the
> pc
> to a DVD using the S-video cable, when I tried to connect my pc to
> my
> tv, the picture appeared black and white, I tried changing the
> display format from pal to ntsc and vice versa from the display
> options and it doesn't work, it's still black and white, and anyway
> my tv is multiformat, and when I tried to connect them using the
> composite av cable it worked and the picture became in colour, but
> it's still black and white when using the s-video cable, does anyone
> know how to solve this problem?
>
> You have your TV reading the S-video as if it was a compsite input.
> I know ow to sort this on a Sony TV, simply pres the AV button again
> so you get the AV channel number with a small S next to it. Look in
> your manual if you are using another make.
Can you explain more please, you are saying that I should get the AV channel again, but I don't know how to put an "S" beside it (it's not a sony TV, it's Toshiba"
Fri 07/05/04 at 18:24
Regular
"Digging!"
Cusack wrote:
> My video card came with an s-video cable that allows connecting the pc
> to a DVD using the S-video cable, when I tried to connect my pc to my
> tv, the picture appeared black and white, I tried changing the
> display format from pal to ntsc and vice versa from the display
> options and it doesn't work, it's still black and white, and anyway
> my tv is multiformat, and when I tried to connect them using the
> composite av cable it worked and the picture became in colour, but
> it's still black and white when using the s-video cable, does anyone
> know how to solve this problem?

You have your TV reading the S-video as if it was a compsite input. I know ow to sort this on a Sony TV, simply pres the AV button again so you get the AV channel number with a small S next to it. Look in your manual if you are using another make.
Fri 07/05/04 at 14:47
Regular
"Time Up"
My video card came with an s-video cable that allows connecting the pc to a DVD using the S-video cable, when I tried to connect my pc to my tv, the picture appeared black and white, I tried changing the display format from pal to ntsc and vice versa from the display options and it doesn't work, it's still black and white, and anyway my tv is multiformat, and when I tried to connect them using the composite av cable it worked and the picture became in colour, but it's still black and white when using the s-video cable, does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.