GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FarCry problems."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/05/04 at 20:51
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Right, my mate has farcry, but hasn't been able to get it to work.

He's installed it, but everytime he wants to play it says 'DVD/CD cannot be found in drive'.

He's tried reinstalling, and at the moment I'm stumped for ideas too, considering all the things i suggested.

Any ideas?
Fri 07/05/04 at 23:08
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Safedisc_V3 wrote:
> And people really should follow my advice, as 99.9% of the time, i
> am right.

Heh heh heh.
Fri 07/05/04 at 17:40
Regular
"uncopyable"
Alexrose1uk wrote:
> He has the DVD edition.
>
> And the problem still remains.

Well the only reason for this must be you still haven't followed my advice and got yourself a no CD crack.

And people really should follow my advice, as 99.9% of the time, i am right.
Fri 07/05/04 at 17:19
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
eat my poo alastair.
Fri 07/05/04 at 15:30
Regular
"A man with a stick"
If he installed the game with no problems then I suggest you follow Safedisc_V3's advice. I recently had similar problem with UT2004, I installed the game fine but now it refuses to read the DVD. A quick no-cd (or in this case no-DVD patch) and now it works fine. Plus I don't have to faff about with the CD whenever I want to play the game.
Fri 07/05/04 at 14:55
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
He has the DVD edition.

And the problem still remains.
Fri 07/05/04 at 12:26
Regular
Yes and how would he install it if he didn't have a DVD drive but was running the DVD version?

Don't you read and think before posting?
Fri 07/05/04 at 12:23
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
does he have the CD or DVD version ?

If he has the DVD version (1 disk) does he have a DVD player to play it in?
Fri 07/05/04 at 10:54
Regular
"uncopyable"
On the other hand, if it's not a 'proper' version, then you may want to look at getting a no CD crack.

www.gamecopyworld.com

is the place to look. ;-)
Thu 06/05/04 at 22:35
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
It is a proper version isnt it? If its a proper version then contact Ubisoft and check other game forums to see if anyone else as the same problems.
Thu 06/05/04 at 20:51
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Right, my mate has farcry, but hasn't been able to get it to work.

He's installed it, but everytime he wants to play it says 'DVD/CD cannot be found in drive'.

He's tried reinstalling, and at the moment I'm stumped for ideas too, considering all the things i suggested.

Any ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.