GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What a great country!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/05/04 at 16:15
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Well done to the Bank of England for again raising interest rates to 4.25% (The EU rate is 2.5% and US is 1%). I must thoroughly congratulate you on the role not only you but the government play in taking my hard earned cash whenever you so wish. Rates have risen to slow consumer spending which doesn't make sense!! Almost every product bought or sold has an added tax....V.A.T at 17.5%...Stamp Duty which starts at 1%, so by slowing the volume of these items that are being sold, you are effectively reducing the money you make through V.A.T, or Stamp Duty, to name but two extra taxes. How will you combat the falling revenue from such spending, thats right you'll put up taxes to get your money that way, then reduce the interest rate etc again to refuel consumer spending!! One question though, if this is how things are run in the 'real world' why isn't this EXACTLY how Simulation games are designed, built and sold. Well the answer is quite simply because game manufacturers would actually like to shift more than two copies (A copy each would obviously go to Mr Blair and Mr "If there is a fat tax on food, I'm stuffed (Boom Boom)" Prescott - Free of charge of course), thus preventing them from making a game which would sink faster than the Outhere Brothers career (Don't remember them no - precisely!!). Prehaps the game designers of this world should make such a game where taxes are at stupid rates, the people are too good at moaning (don't point your finger lad-die!!) rather than actually doing anything about it, and no one has any money left as soon as they get paid etc etc....then forward it onto Mr Blair and Mr "I've got two jags...one for each cheek" Prescott and see if they can notice the similarity....No? Ok lets just have a game then where I can politely put my argument over to them....whats that...the create a character mode on Smackdown....It's a good idea, but I'm not sure if I can Lay the Smacketh Down on Prescotts massive Roody Poo Candy a**!!

N.B. All characters within this 'rant' are fictitious...and any similarity to those living or soon to be hammered in a "shall we enter the Euro" by election are purely coincidental
Fri 07/05/04 at 10:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Further great points about this country include their ability to drive
> out the immigrants...

I love you. You make me angry. I like being angry at some points in my life.

Does that make me homosexual?!!
Fri 07/05/04 at 08:36
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Forest Fan wrote:
> out the immigrants...

Idiot.
Fri 07/05/04 at 08:18
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Don or†ega wrote:
> I'm happy though. My savings shall grow!!! With rates expecting to
> rise to over 5% i wont have to concentrate on the stock market as
> much.
>

Might be worth checking out the Halifax, they have a savings account that pays 6.05% AER!!!
Thu 06/05/04 at 18:55
"period drama"
Mine eyes!
Thu 06/05/04 at 18:42
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Forest Fan wrote:
> out the immigrants...

That was painful to read.
Thu 06/05/04 at 18:24
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Further great points about this country include their ability to drive out the immigrants...
Thu 06/05/04 at 18:15
Regular
I'm happy though. My savings shall grow!!! With rates expecting to rise to over 5% i wont have to concentrate on the stock market as much.

This country is full of idiots who buy stuff on store cards for which they dont even know what the interest rate is! (sometimes as high as 30%!) I've never taken out a loan in my life and never will. When i buy myself a house it will be straight up cash.
Thu 06/05/04 at 17:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mr Lover Man wrote:
> the people are too good at moaning (don't point your
> finger lad-die!!) rather than actually doing anything about it,

I can, because I'm not a 'lad-die'.
Thu 06/05/04 at 16:15
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Well done to the Bank of England for again raising interest rates to 4.25% (The EU rate is 2.5% and US is 1%). I must thoroughly congratulate you on the role not only you but the government play in taking my hard earned cash whenever you so wish. Rates have risen to slow consumer spending which doesn't make sense!! Almost every product bought or sold has an added tax....V.A.T at 17.5%...Stamp Duty which starts at 1%, so by slowing the volume of these items that are being sold, you are effectively reducing the money you make through V.A.T, or Stamp Duty, to name but two extra taxes. How will you combat the falling revenue from such spending, thats right you'll put up taxes to get your money that way, then reduce the interest rate etc again to refuel consumer spending!! One question though, if this is how things are run in the 'real world' why isn't this EXACTLY how Simulation games are designed, built and sold. Well the answer is quite simply because game manufacturers would actually like to shift more than two copies (A copy each would obviously go to Mr Blair and Mr "If there is a fat tax on food, I'm stuffed (Boom Boom)" Prescott - Free of charge of course), thus preventing them from making a game which would sink faster than the Outhere Brothers career (Don't remember them no - precisely!!). Prehaps the game designers of this world should make such a game where taxes are at stupid rates, the people are too good at moaning (don't point your finger lad-die!!) rather than actually doing anything about it, and no one has any money left as soon as they get paid etc etc....then forward it onto Mr Blair and Mr "I've got two jags...one for each cheek" Prescott and see if they can notice the similarity....No? Ok lets just have a game then where I can politely put my argument over to them....whats that...the create a character mode on Smackdown....It's a good idea, but I'm not sure if I can Lay the Smacketh Down on Prescotts massive Roody Poo Candy a**!!

N.B. All characters within this 'rant' are fictitious...and any similarity to those living or soon to be hammered in a "shall we enter the Euro" by election are purely coincidental

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.