GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well Done Chelsea. And you too Monaco."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/05/04 at 23:20
Regular
"Colourless"
Just got back from the Bridge, and usually after nights like this, I feel absolutely gutted. I can remember one night, when we lost to Mallorca in the Semis of the Cup Winners Cup and I was devastated, but tonight I wasn't so despondent.

We were superb and first half we completely outplayed them. We deservedly went 2-0 through Gronkjaer's "poor cross" and lampard's well worked goal, and we were cruising. But following those two minutes of complete euphoria, Monaco grabbed a crucial goal. Now having seen the replays, I think it was handball, and although I'm disappointed at the poor decision, that's football. Some days the handball would have been given, on others the goal would stand. I'm not one to bitterly complain about what might have been.

At 2-1 we still could have gone on and done it, but the timing of that goal was disastrous. I honestly feel that had we gone in 2-0 up at half time, we could have won 4-0 or something like that. However that goal in injury time was a huge blow.

After that we missed a few great chances, Gudjohnsen and Gronkjaer 6 yards out with a free header, chested it down and ran backwards (top stuff Jesper! You magician you...) and Morientes' goal was the killer blow. There was no way we could score 3 more. We'd done all that we had to do tonight, but in the end it was not enough, and we just looked more and more tired as the game went on.

Our fans cheered right till the end (bar a 5 minute period of hush) and with 5 minutes to go, with us crashing out of the CL semi's 5-3, chants of "Ranieri's Blue Army" and "We love you Chelsea we do" rung around the stadium. This just summed it all up. We've had a great season, 2nd in the league at the moment, and we reached the CL semi finals, and it just showed how much we appreciated their efforts this season and how much we love the club.

So well done lads, you did us proud tonight. We couldn't have asked for any more from you, and we look forward to next year's European adventure.

Congratulations Monaco, and good luck in the Final and for the rest of the season.

(Chelsea til I die)
Thu 06/05/04 at 17:47
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
Doonhamer wrote:
> Well Ranieri will definately be out now, I felt that perhaps winning
> the CL might have saved his job, but he will be on his way now. I
> feel he will be Chelseas loss.
he was gonna get sacked even if they won...even he knew this.
Thu 06/05/04 at 17:31
Regular
Well Ranieri will definately be out now, I felt that perhaps winning the CL might have saved his job, but he will be on his way now. I feel he will be Chelseas loss.
Thu 06/05/04 at 16:44
Regular
Whatever mate.. *senses sour grapes*
Thu 06/05/04 at 16:00
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Neó wrote:
> Wht a gr8 game, weldon chelski & monco. fotbol rooles.
>
> (that better for you Scope? :)

Ahahhaa
Thu 06/05/04 at 15:56
Regular
Probably becasue his name is nothing spectacular.

I mean, you always remember names like Hernan Crespo, and Adrian Mutu as they are pretty unique names in these parts. While Wayne just sounds like the school idiot! (no offense to anyone called wayne!)
Thu 06/05/04 at 15:51
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Oh yeah, forgot Bridge. For some reason, he's a player I always miss out when listing Chelsea's signings. Dunno why.
Thu 06/05/04 at 15:44
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
The only signings from this season on the park were Joe Cole
> and Geremi

Well, and bridge. Who i'd say has been thier best signing. I would say Duff but he's been injured too much.
Thu 06/05/04 at 14:24
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Wht a gr8 game, weldon chelski & monco. fotbol rooles.

(that better for you Scope? :)
Thu 06/05/04 at 12:46
Regular
Nice long replies.. can't be bothered to read..
Thu 06/05/04 at 11:37
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Sadly, this is probably the end of Claudio Ranieri as the Chelsea manager. Sure, he'll finish the season at Stamford Bridge, and I hope he wins both games doing so, but that is probably about it. Roman Abramovich has set the expectations far too high for Ranieri this season. Yes, he'll be wanting his money turned into results and trophies, but in football, you can't just expect to spend millions of pounds and think that you'll succeed automatically. And in its own way, appointing a new manager, no matter how experienced and talented they are, could prove to be a major set-back in a team that I believe could go ever further next season if Ranieri were to stay.

Before Roman Abramovich took over, Chelsea would have been absolutely delighted with 2nd place in the Premiership and a Champions League semi-final spot, but with all the spending that went on, quite a lot of the impact of what Chelsea have done this season has been removed. It's a great achievement, but has been sort of dampened down by Abramovich's millions.

It was good to see Ranieri reverting back to his team last night. The only signings from this season on the park were Joe Cole and Geremi, and those are two players I believe Chelsea could probably have ended up getting anyway. Nice to see Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsen up front again; the partnership that has done so much over the past three years for Chelsea.

On the night, Chelsea completely dominated the first half. The last minute goal by Ibarra was a major blow, as they would have gone into the dressing room feeling really disappointed, and Monaco would have been feeling on top of the game again. And the second half showed what that goal did - if Chelsea hadn't conceeded, they could have put in maybe even 5, but the goal really did have a strong effect on them, and then Morientes' goal was a killer blow, because they were never going to get 3 goals in 25 minutes.

Well done, Monaco, though. After their performance in the first leg, they did kind of deserve to go through, but they are a surprise team nonetheless. Porto - Monaco should be a good final, seeing as both teams were real underdogs prior to the tournament, and both have very gritty styles of play. Should be a good match. Well done Monaco, unlucky Chelsea.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.