GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What will ever happen to the Dreamcast and what do you think of the Dreamcast 2 coming out?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/04/01 at 11:05
Regular
I think taht Sega are bringing out a Dreamcast 2 is an amazing idea. I hope they bring it out soon. Also the Dreamcast is an amazing console.
Tue 17/04/01 at 11:05
I think taht Sega are bringing out a Dreamcast 2 is an amazing idea. I hope they bring it out soon. Also the Dreamcast is an amazing console.
Tue 17/04/01 at 11:59
You're 17 days late!
Tue 17/04/01 at 12:06
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
I think it is doomed to fail as the dreamcast did. Sega aren't what they were!?
Tue 17/04/01 at 15:02
Regular
Sega was dead months ago didn't you know?
Tue 17/04/01 at 15:26
Regular
"everyone says it"
Chandler stop the long topic names! It ruins the pattern and they are longer then your topics! so just use the ... effectivly.
Tue 17/04/01 at 16:42
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
As you all know, the Sega Dreamcast is meant to be dead. In a way this is true because Sega announced that they are going to stop making games for it. The Dreamcast wasn’t out too long, although it did have a few classics. It really was a great console and it still is. It was the first ever console to be 128 bit, and also the first console to feature online gaming. The games that were out have really set the standards for next generation consoles. Lets just take Shenmue for instance, is a great game which I think sold the Dreamcast for many people. It is arguably the best RPG ever.

There was also great hits like Crazy taxi, House Of The Dead 2, Jet Set Radio, PSO and many more. There are also some sequels to these hits that are to be released later this year. Sega haven’t done themselves favours by ditching the Dreamcast because I’m sure they will have lost many of their “casual gamer” audience. Obviously they have still got their die-hard fans that will follow them and support them no matter what.

If Sega do decide to make a Dreamcast2 they are going to reassure people that it is going to last longer than the original Dreamcast did. I am not a die-hard Sega fan, but I have a Dreamcast and am still playing it today. If Sega announce titles that attract my attention then I will probably buy it again.

The Dreamcast today is fairly cheap, and have some great offers going. If anyone is a bit short for cash, and wants a superb console then I would suggest you get a DC and then play that until the Gamecube comes out.
Tue 17/04/01 at 16:49
are we forgetting that sega just wants to produce games now,mot machines,lets be honest,their systems never get the spotlight they deserve,prime example is the dreamcast.Sad ....very sad.
Tue 17/04/01 at 17:09
I agree that the DC is a great console - I have one myself, but if a Dreamcast 2 came out, I wouldn't buy it, and I don't think many others would. This is because of how the Saturn failed and how the Dreamcast didn't last for long, therefore causing me to think - will the DC2 fail as well? Would it be a waste of money? Also, Sega would probably end up cutting their profits. They should just stick with the software and forget about the hardware.
Tue 17/04/01 at 17:09
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
The Dreamcast did get the spotlight, just not very much of it. And the Ps2 took most of the light when that wedged it but into the scene.

Sega are now going to do what, IMO, they do best. Make games. So, they have a top class console, loved my thousands and they are going to stop making games for it and instead make them for the PS2?

I don’t know why this is, I just can’t understand it. Maybe its for the money, because lets face it, company’s are in the gaming world to make a profit and when they make games for the Gamecube and Playstation2, they are bound to make a nice amount of money, and they will be able to tap their back pocket of their jeans like the ASDA advert.

Still, I am not complaining about the Dreamcast because I am still having loads of fun playing their games, because at the end of the day, fun is what you want with a console. Its all very nice having a console that is prettier than Britney Spears and have loads of specs, but what if you don’t have fun with the console?

I’m just thankful that I bought my Dreamcast because if I hadn’t I wouldn’t of been able to play such absolute unimpeachable games on it.
Tue 17/04/01 at 17:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Ditto.

Dreamcast is 3 years old, and with a ton of games coming out for it it will probably be 4 years old when it finally starts to fade for good.

However, if demand is strong enough, you may still get the odd developer making games for it in the future.

Sega have no plans to bring out a DC2. I don't know how that rumour got started, but I'd love to see the initial source of it for my own eyes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.