GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What will ever happen to the Dreamcast and what do you think of the Dreamcast 2 coming out?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/04/01 at 11:05
Regular
I think taht Sega are bringing out a Dreamcast 2 is an amazing idea. I hope they bring it out soon. Also the Dreamcast is an amazing console.
Tue 17/04/01 at 20:23
I love sega but i think there console days are over.
Tue 17/04/01 at 20:14
Regular
Sega are not making anymore consoles!
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:54
Regular
"I like cheese"
The Dreamcast 2 won't be out for a few years yet, as the DC is still selling well, especially with the price being so cheap!!
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:47
Regular
Lol! No worries mate.

I just hope I'm right with the rest of what I've said as well, with Sega coming back I mean.
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:40
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Yeah, sorry Your Honour, I just couldn't remember!
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:34
Regular
Pagey, i'm guessing you mean me. :-)

I think im right though, as people start to associate Sega with quality games, which will start to happen as soon as they start playing classic Sega titles on other machines, the memory of the Saturn and the DC will fade.

That memory will be replaced with the simple equation Sega = Great Games.

As soon as Sega's reputation is restored, which I guessed at around 5 years time, they will no doubt release a new console with a statement something like: "Oh, we know we make wicked games, but from no on, if you want to play them, you will have to buy our hardware". And people will. And Sega will triumph like in the old days!

*Takes off rose tinted spectacles*
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:28
True. true.
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:26
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Even though Sega say they are a software only company now, it doesn't mean that they will not make another console. I think it is highly likely and would probably happen after people have played their games on other consoles and realised that they were ace like you said. (U know who u are. I can't remember) Probably 2 years time when GeForce 4 comes out.
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:21
I spose you asked them personally then!
Tue 17/04/01 at 19:01
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Dreamcast 2?
Dont be silly, you cant be serious. Although you sound it.
Look at the fiasco several weeks ago, now examine what happened with Sega and their comments regarding the situation.
Sega are a SOFTWARE only company now.
Judging what Sega said several weeks ago.....Dreamcast 2 will not be released. Period. Or any time in the near future for that matter.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.