GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SR F1 Championship - Spanish Grand Prix"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/05/04 at 23:31
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
3 in a row for B.A.R but a first for Button

Jenson Button has won the Spanish Grand Prix, his first career victory in his 39th attempt. It propels him into a rather congested title picture. It's the 3rd win out of 3 in Spain for B.A.R, as Villeneuve won the previous two for the team.

It turned out to be a strategic race and a car breaker with no less than 9 cars retiring. Most teams opted for a 2 stop strategy but the cars that ran longer in the first stint invariably did better and made the end result look rather confusing and interesting at the same time.

It was a bad start for Fisichella as he ran off the track and slipped to the back early on. De La Rosa ran off and then spun a couple of laps later. That spin left him in a precarious position and Sato hit him. Sato had to retire with too much damage to his car. De La Rosa escaped with just a missing front wing but his chance of points had more or less evaporated.

Ralf Schumacher had a scare when he ran wide but only lost a couple of places. Da Matta attempted a move but Barrichello gave him no room and they both spun off and both made their way back on the track. Fisichella was obviously disappointed by his earlier error and he showed that he had lost no love for his teammate Firman, as he punted Firman into a spin in a battle for position.

Verstappen was the second car out when his transmission failed on lap 21. Fisichella was still fuming and made another mistake. His recovery was right in front of Villeneuve, leading to a collision and both retiring on lap 28. A lap later, Barrichello retired with a suspension failure.

It was probably no surprise to see Firman pull off the track with some kind of wheel damage, probably down to the Fisichella incident. His retirement was on lap 38. Coulthard tried to take Raikkonen but got it wrong and spun. Salo ran into a recovering Coulthard and that was the end of Salo on lap 45. Coulthard needed a front wing.

Pantano was looking pretty good for either first or second and the Championship lead that went with it but his engine had other ideas, blowing up on lap 47. Raikkonen was the final retirement when his electrics failed on lap 57.

Button gets a win and a very crucial win in the scheme of things as the Championship is still wide open. Pizzonia now is tied at the top of the Championship with 2nd place in the race. Panis will be delighted with 3rd place as he is only a win away from the lead of the Championship. Montoya gets off the mark with 4th place and his first points finish of the season. Bruni gives Jaguar something to cheer about with 5th. Baumgartner is a very consistent points finisher with 4 out of 5 points finishes and 6th place in Spain. Frentzen gets a few points for 7th and Ralf Schumacher edges agonisingly closer to the lead of the Championship with 8th.

Full race results:

1st Button (Der Nazi) 1h27m35.753s (No Change)
2nd Pizzonia (Icarus) +10.488s (Up 3)
3rd Panis (Foreman) +10.798s (Up 15)
4th Montoya (Afrojoe) +13.624s (Down 2)
5th Bruni (RoJ) +16.993s (Up 4)
6th Baumgartner (Quinty) +17.638s (Up 4)
7th Frentzen (Figo) +26.881s (Up 15)
8th R Schumacher (Absolut Neo) +28.462s (Up 9)
9th Heidfeld (Shadow) +28.902s (Up 6)
10th M Schumacher (Notorious Biggles) +32.428s (Up 11)
11th Da Matta (Grandprix) +49.521s (Up 3)
12th Coulthard (Azul) +53.519s (Down 6)
13th De La Rosa (Virtuoso) +1m06.538s (Down 1)

DNF

Raikkonen (Ineedsleep) Electrical
Pantano (Chris) Engine
Salo (Biggie Little) Crashed
Firman (DW) Wheel damage
Barrichello (Lipe) Suspension
Fisichella (Badgerman) Crashed
Villeneuve (Mike Swade) Crashed
Verstappen (Jae) Transmission
Sato (Toxic Lemon) Crashed

Drivers Championship

1= Sato 20pts
1= Pizzonia 20pts
3rd Salo 19pts
4th R Schumacher 18pts
5th Button 17pts
6th Pantano 14pts
7th Baumgartner 12pts
8th Panis 11pts
9th Raikkonen 10pts
10= Fisichella 9pts
10= Villeneuve 9pts
12= Barrichello 7pts
12= Bruni 7pts
14th Frentzen 6pts
15= M Schumacher 5pts
15= Montoya 5pts
17th Coulthard 3pts
18th Heidfeld 2pts
19th Verstappen 1pt

Constructors Championship

1st B.A.R 31pts
2= Jaguar 27pts
2= Renault 27pts
4th Williams 23pts
5th MG F1 19pts
6th Ferrari 14pts
7= McLaren 13pts
7= Minardi 13pts
9th Toyota 11pts
10th Jordan 9pts
11th Sauber 8pts

Fastest Lap: Raikkonen 1m19.145s

PREDICTION WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Only 6 put predictions in so everyone is certain to get points. Let's see how you did:

1st Mike Swade 10pts (17pts - Incorrect Tie Break answer)
2nd Foreman 8pts (16pts - +0.007s)
3rd Der Nazi 6pts (9pts - +0.008s)
4th Ineedsleep 5pts (9pts - +0.219s)
5th Biggie Little 4pts (8pts - +1.695s)
6th Badgerman 3pts (5pts - +0.246s)

Mike Swade takes his second win of the season, even though some of the predictions were seriously messed up with drivers not driving in this years Championship and a total misread of which team would get the most points and the tie breaker. The Championship table now looks like this:

1st Der Nazi 34pts
2nd Mike Swade 28pts
3rd Foreman 27pts
4th Ineedsleep 25pts
5th Biggie Little 18pts
6th Absolut Neo 14pts
7th Badgerman 13pts
8th Azul 11pts
9th RoJ 8pts
10= Jae 7pts
10= Virtuoso 7pts
12th Notorious Biggles 0pts

The next round is in Austria and that will be one third of the season complete after that race. With everything wide open, even for the 3 drivers without points, who knows where this season will take us. The usual time of posting applies for the next round so I hope to see you all there.
Fri 07/05/04 at 21:57
Regular
Aw...I did so well in qualifying and then my suspension fails in the race, ARGH!
Fri 07/05/04 at 20:30
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I despise Coulthard.
Him and his square head.
GRRR.
Thu 06/05/04 at 21:27
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Bah... Damn transmission failure...
Thu 06/05/04 at 08:07
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
You are getting damn good, Swade. I fear for my championship lead.
Wed 05/05/04 at 21:15
Regular
"Swivel!"
Everyone is great competition, but you have got ot admit, that i am getting good at this prediction business.
Wed 05/05/04 at 20:53
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The prediction questions appear in the Preview topic I do. The preview gives you some information from last years race. The prediction Championship works on the F1 priniciple. 1st = 10 points, 2nd = 8 points, 3rd = 6 points etc. Top 8 score points.

If you have any doubts, look at the preview topic further down or [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=100342&forumid=293[/URL]

Any more questions, post them here.
Wed 05/05/04 at 20:19
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It's for getting stuff right. I'm actually surprised that I'm leading, being the moron I am. :)
Wed 05/05/04 at 19:50
Regular
"Better Than You"
Aaaaah, I did not finish :(, on my first race two :( x2.

Will I be starting predictions next round, and what points will I start with, or will it be none cos I dunno whether you just get points for getting things right and stuff or bet points that you have on questions?
Wed 05/05/04 at 19:04
Regular
Yay some points.

How do i go about making predictions?
Wed 05/05/04 at 18:58
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Certainly am delighted with 3rd place. Would of been happy to get 1 point after the qualifying.

1 point of winning the predictions to get maximum points for the second time. At least I beat Der Nazi again.

=P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.