GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick Quiz Question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/05/04 at 13:38
Regular
"not dead"
After the weekend results Leicester became the third team to be relegated from the Premier League for the third time (94-95, 01-02, 03-04).

Who are the other two teams?
Mon 03/05/04 at 13:38
Regular
"not dead"
After the weekend results Leicester became the third team to be relegated from the Premier League for the third time (94-95, 01-02, 03-04).

Who are the other two teams?
Mon 03/05/04 at 13:39
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
WBA?
Mon 03/05/04 at 13:42
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Nottingham Forest. I know that one, I think. AND.... (let me get back to you)
Mon 03/05/04 at 13:43
Regular
CRYSTAL PALACE. Was I right Meka Dragon?
Mon 03/05/04 at 13:54
Regular
"not dead"
Correct Forest Fan.

Crystal Palace in 92-93, 94-95 and 97-98

Nottingham Forest in 92-93, 96-97 and 98-99.#

Also - the three teams relegated in the first premier league season have all returned to the premier league in subsequent seasons (Crystal Palace, Middlesborough and Nottingham Forest), however, the three teams relegated the next year have remained out of the top division (Sheffield United, Oldham Athletic and Swindon Town) to date. Sheffield United have thrice made the play-off's but never have been successful, whilst Swindon and Oldham are currently in Division 2.

- I'm currently researching an article on the effects of relegation from the premier league. In it's 11 years (including this season) 26 different teams have been relegated. Some come back, some don't. Some falls are dramatic - Swindon relegated from the premier league one year, and from Division 1 a year later probably the most.

The way in which some teams arrive in the top flight is pretty amazing too. In 96-97, Watford finished 13th in Division 2. By the 99-00 season they were in the premier league, winning the division 2 title in 97-98, and gaining promotion from the first division in 98-99 after finishing in 5th place, and winning in the Play-offs.

Predictably, they finished bottom of the premier league, and have failed to return since.
Mon 03/05/04 at 13:57
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Ipswitch got promoted one season, and Europe the next!
Mon 03/05/04 at 14:04
Regular
"not dead"
Lil Bro wrote:
> Ipswitch got promoted one season, and Europe the next!

And down the next!
Mon 03/05/04 at 14:19
Regular
Meka Dragon wrote:
> - I'm currently researching an article on the effects of relegation
> from the premier league. In it's 11 years (including this season) 26
> different teams have been relegated. Some come back, some don't.
> Some falls are dramatic - Swindon relegated from the premier league
> one year, and from Division 1 a year later probably the most.

Yep and Sheffield Wednesday. Quite a reliable Premiership club a few years back and now - Division Two strugglers with a takeover bid or something like that.

The most interesting promotion to the Premiership I think, was Barnsley just a few years back. They scraped in somehow, but quickly went back to Division Two.
Mon 03/05/04 at 14:20
Regular
AND also Manchester City, when they had those amazing five years of consecutive promotion/relagation, which eventually saw them slip into the Second Division, still with crowds of 30,000. Before being promoted twice in a row to the Premiership.
Mon 03/05/04 at 14:34
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Meka Dragon wrote:
> - I'm currently researching an article on the effects of relegation
> from the premier league. In it's 11 years (including this season) 26
> different teams have been relegated. Some come back, some don't.
> Some falls are dramatic - Swindon relegated from the premier league
> one year, and from Division 1 a year later probably the most.
>
> Yep and Sheffield Wednesday. Quite a reliable Premiership club a few
> years back and now - Division Two strugglers with a takeover bid or
> something like that.
>
> The most interesting promotion to the Premiership I think, was
> Barnsley just a few years back. They scraped in somehow, but quickly
> went back to Division Two.

wibeldon as well, who had promsing youngsters, such as gayle,ekouku,cort and even fashanu, as wella s others. it then when down the pan when the brought in that norweigen bloke egil olsen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.