GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Questions about the PSP"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/03/05 at 22:42
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Got family in America who are planning on visiting soon, they were asking if I want anything brought over. At first I couldn't think of much then they mentioned the PSP.

Not really got money for one but I guess I could give up going out for a few weeks and stop wasting money on random stuff. Also my birthday soon so I could always just ask for money towards paying for one.

Just wanted to know a few things from any of you who have imported a PSP.

If I got a US PSP would I only be able to play US games and movies. I'm sure I read that the games would all be region free but the movies wouldn't. That true?

What about charging it, does it come with a plug/dock or something for charging, need anything special to use it with a UK socket?

Cheers
Thu 17/03/05 at 06:21
"Tesco value"
A few US PSPs are being sold on ebay at the moment. I shall get one as soon as I sell my P910i on ebay, or wait till payday on the 24th. I'd get one now, but I've just brought a nokia 7710 so have to wait!
Whichever country you get your PSP from, I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Keep us posted on your thoughts of it
Wed 16/03/05 at 16:18
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Because ive ordered one and its coming tomorrow or Friday but since ive been wondering if i should have waited and got an American one
Wed 16/03/05 at 06:53
"Tesco value"
Why are you so persistant on getting a Japanese model?

for one reason, US PSPs are cheaper
Use different technology so battery life is greatly improved
first million sold comes with Spiderman 2 UMD

the only advantage with getting a Japanese model is that its movie play back is region 2, the same as the UK, but why wait for them to be released 2 months later than the States?
Tue 15/03/05 at 19:11
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Why's everyone waitin to get an AMerican one and not one from Japan??
Tue 15/03/05 at 18:59
"Tesco value"
Surely you dont need more convincing!

If I were to get a PSP I would get an american one, like you have the option to get.

get it

go now

RUN!
Tue 15/03/05 at 17:40
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Cheers for the helpful replies.

Just need to have a think about it some more now. :0)
Tue 15/03/05 at 16:39
Regular
": ("
[URL]http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=34836&subsectionid=1585[/URL]

It's been delayed in Europe.
Mon 14/03/05 at 23:10
Regular
"Ruddie1"
What are the ones from Japan like?
Mon 14/03/05 at 23:06
"Tesco value"
and me one at the same time.

Hopefully it would have the new screen and samsung chips so the battery would last longer

There have been comparisons between Samsung and Sharp screens (Sharp screens being produced in japan) but the results are negligible with the only difference being the viewing angles, but you are only going to play it face on anyways
Mon 14/03/05 at 23:03
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Get one!
Infact get as man as you can and sell them make some money!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.