GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dutch to ban Muslim veils"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/11/06 at 10:08
Regular
THE Dutch government has announced that it would seek a way of banning the wearing of burqas and other Muslim face veils in public places, possibly becoming the first European country to impose such a ruling.

The announcement comes at a time when the debate on such veils and whether they prevent Muslims from integrating has gathered momentum across Europe and drawn comments from leaders such as Britain's Tony Blair and Italy's Romano Prodi.

Last December Dutch lawmakers voted in favour of a proposal by far-right politician Geert Wilders to outlaw face-coverings, partly on security grounds, and asked Immigration Minister Rita Verdonk to examine the feasibility of such a ban.

...continued

----

I havent really been following this veil story, infact I dont know why they wear them when they dont have to. I'm concerned when politics and religion clash because the end result is usually never good.
Sun 12/11/06 at 10:08
Regular
THE Dutch government has announced that it would seek a way of banning the wearing of burqas and other Muslim face veils in public places, possibly becoming the first European country to impose such a ruling.

The announcement comes at a time when the debate on such veils and whether they prevent Muslims from integrating has gathered momentum across Europe and drawn comments from leaders such as Britain's Tony Blair and Italy's Romano Prodi.

Last December Dutch lawmakers voted in favour of a proposal by far-right politician Geert Wilders to outlaw face-coverings, partly on security grounds, and asked Immigration Minister Rita Verdonk to examine the feasibility of such a ban.

...continued

----

I havent really been following this veil story, infact I dont know why they wear them when they dont have to. I'm concerned when politics and religion clash because the end result is usually never good.
Sun 12/11/06 at 11:30
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Freedom to practice religion - freedom to criticize religion.. wanting to ban an item of religious clothing is going way-way too far.
Sun 12/11/06 at 13:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Is it a piece of religious clothing though? I've read conflicting reports on this.

Either way cue more angry protests and burning of things
Sun 12/11/06 at 20:22
Regular
"Author of Pain"
The veil is cultural, not religious. Covering the hair is the only thing required by the faith, last time I looked.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.