GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conker did badly. Why? and what is the future for Nintendo?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/04/01 at 19:28
Regular
Conker didn't do too well in America, But this game is one of the greatest ever so why?

Simple Nintendo are seen as a childish company so few adults use the system so there is few people to buy Conker. But if there is few adult Nintendo fans what is this telling us about the future of Nintendo. Well with Resident evil 0 and 4, Turok 4, After Dark, Metroid, Too human and Eternal Darkness are all coming to the Gamecube so that might bring the adult gamers back.

Sony doesn't really have too many adult games but they have a lot of universal ones. A driving game isn't an adult game but it isn't a kiddies game either. But why is Nintendo seen as a kiddies console? Simple reason Cute platformers but I know adults who like platformers and a lot of teenagers who like platformers as well.

It is the image that lets platformers down so Nintendo and Rare made Conker which should show people that they are fun to play and that platformers are universal. So what is a kiddies game? Well Bob the builder, Teletubbies, Tweenies and many more are kiddies games and none of these are on the 64 but on the Playstation!

So Nintendo aren't really a kiddies console and it is about time everyone knows it.

Here's to the future

Dringo

Mon 16/04/01 at 19:28
Regular
Conker didn't do too well in America, But this game is one of the greatest ever so why?

Simple Nintendo are seen as a childish company so few adults use the system so there is few people to buy Conker. But if there is few adult Nintendo fans what is this telling us about the future of Nintendo. Well with Resident evil 0 and 4, Turok 4, After Dark, Metroid, Too human and Eternal Darkness are all coming to the Gamecube so that might bring the adult gamers back.

Sony doesn't really have too many adult games but they have a lot of universal ones. A driving game isn't an adult game but it isn't a kiddies game either. But why is Nintendo seen as a kiddies console? Simple reason Cute platformers but I know adults who like platformers and a lot of teenagers who like platformers as well.

It is the image that lets platformers down so Nintendo and Rare made Conker which should show people that they are fun to play and that platformers are universal. So what is a kiddies game? Well Bob the builder, Teletubbies, Tweenies and many more are kiddies games and none of these are on the 64 but on the Playstation!

So Nintendo aren't really a kiddies console and it is about time everyone knows it.

Here's to the future

Dringo

Mon 16/04/01 at 19:29
banjo tooie is brilliant!! conker is too short!
Mon 16/04/01 at 19:32
Regular
Conker had better graphics, Was funnier, had more variety and is the greatest game ever (except Zelda)

Dringo
Mon 16/04/01 at 19:32
Regular
I know why Conker costed so much if you wanna find out then ask me.
Mon 16/04/01 at 19:33
Y did it cost so much?
Mon 16/04/01 at 19:37
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Why?
Well it was picked up by third party publisher THQ because of Nintendos unwilling stance to publish it. Ensuring a 'third party' price tag of £60 rrp. Rather than £40-45.
Mon 16/04/01 at 19:38
Oh!!
Mon 16/04/01 at 19:39
Regular
Nintendo/Rare: Here u go shops a game for 40 quid.

Shops: Ok i'll make it 50 quid so I can make a profit.

Nintendo/Rare: Here you go THQ a game for 40 quid.

THQ: Thanxs here you go shops, so we can make a profit you can have it for 50 quid!

Shops: Cheers THQ so we can make a profit we will sell it for 60 quid.

It is because THQ are the middle men which raises prices.

Mon 16/04/01 at 19:39
Regular
"everyone says it"
reminds me of rollcage....
Mon 16/04/01 at 20:03
Regular
Why?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.