GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/03/05 at 17:59
Regular
"wow"
I have a laptop and a PC and i want broadband. I was looking @ Etec Wireless ADSL Broadband Router With Integrated Modem (802.11b). The reviews seem good but i just want to confirm that this acts as a modem for both machines and a firewall and is wireless and is a good idea for somebody in my position? i know nothing about broadband.
Tue 15/03/05 at 23:32
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Yep, BT is ADSL.
Tue 15/03/05 at 21:15
Regular
"wow"
The basic BT broadband is ADSL though right?
Tue 15/03/05 at 18:31
"I love yo... lamp."
This would work ok with all ADSL type broadband. If you choose cable broadband however you would need a plain router without a built in modem.

I also tend to think that overpriced for something with only one port and only 802.11b wireless. 802.11b supports speeds of up to 11 Mbps wirelessly, admittedly faster than your broadband would be, but slower than that of 802.11g which does up to 54 Mbps. More an academic than real issue though.
Tue 15/03/05 at 17:59
Regular
"wow"
I have a laptop and a PC and i want broadband. I was looking @ Etec Wireless ADSL Broadband Router With Integrated Modem (802.11b). The reviews seem good but i just want to confirm that this acts as a modem for both machines and a firewall and is wireless and is a good idea for somebody in my position? i know nothing about broadband.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.