GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Torture of Iraqi Prisoners"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/04/04 at 08:55
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Y'know, I'll bet it's of great comfort to the Iraqi civilians being pictured undergoing torture by American forces that Saddam isn't responsible. I imagine that, as they are told that the wires attached to their bodies will electricute them if they fall from the box they are made to stand on for hours at a time, or when they are forced to have sex with other prisoners for the amusement of their guards, they are thanking Allah that it's good old Americans torturing them, and not those nasty Ba'athists.
Sat 01/05/04 at 01:04
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Thing is, if these are the things that are being photographed, you have to wonder what's going on behind closed doors. To be honest, I never expected anything less from the US Army, this sort of stuff has gone on since the early days of war.
Sat 01/05/04 at 00:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Wendigo wrote:
> America needs to be stopped.

Wow, nice going, generalise a whole population in one swoop. Like Light said George Dubya is the one needing to be stopped with his little love of playing with all the big guns and tanks he has at his disposal. This is a man don't forget who the Americans didn't even vote into power and took control with a rigged election. The vast majority of Americans will be appalled by these pictures just like every other half decent person in the world.
Fri 30/04/04 at 23:11
Regular
Wow, so much for international peace and freedom. I guess the term equalrights only applies if you live in the west, eh?
Fri 30/04/04 at 23:02
Regular
Hey, looks like we're scum too!

Not as bad as the US forces (watered down like the minime that we are), but tomorrow the Mirror will lead with pictures of an Iraqi civilian held by UK forces being beaten up and p***ed on.

Aside from the individual's rights issues, you can see how this has to have huge symbolic impact - occupying forces take Iraqi civilians prisoner, then brutalise and p*** all over them.

Says it all really.
Fri 30/04/04 at 16:39
Regular
"thursdayton!"
America let this happen. Through badly organised chains of command, through undisciplined or uneducated officers. I hope the American people open their eyes to the facts that their troops aren't making everything all happy and good in Iraq - a screwed country they've only managed to screw up further.

A nail in Bush's election campaign coffin I hope. I see the number of people agreeing with the war has dropped below half way for the first time ever - 47% only now.

Michael Moore must be having a field day..
Fri 30/04/04 at 15:11
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I would hope this would get it through to a lot of the American population once and for all that THEY are seen as the bad guys.
Fri 30/04/04 at 12:44
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Wendigo wrote:
> America needs to be stopped.

Nah, I don't think that's the case; Dubya and the Neo-Conservatives are the ones who need to be stopped. Being as how the majority of Americans didn't want him as president in the first place, it's unfair to have a pop at the whole country.
Fri 30/04/04 at 12:38
Regular
America needs to be stopped.
Fri 30/04/04 at 12:35
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
DJ Duck & MC Beak wrote:

> I think it's fair to suppose torture, to some extent (though probably
> rarely to this extent) is fairly commonplace.
>
>
> The only question is what can anyone do about it?

In the case of Fallujah, rebel and fight back. In all truth, I would imagine that a lot of the resistance to the coalition in Fallujah and elsewhere is led by people as bad, if not worse, than Saddam. But whilst Americans torture Iraqi's, these resistance fighters will be hero's in Iraq.

I do agree with Skarra in that I think torture won't be too commonplace. But that's hardly the point is it? I mean, can you imagine explaining to the iraqi populace that yes, we may be an occupying power here under the pretence of freeing you from fear and torture, but we only do a little bit of torture ourselves, so that's okay. Fact is, this abhorrent behavior of a few American troops will turn who knows how many ordinary Iraqi's against them.

Like I said in the Road to Wigan Pier thread, this land grab is doomed to ignomanious failure.
Fri 30/04/04 at 12:28
Regular
Skarra wrote:
> But i do want to add, this is not a wide spread thing, most of the
> 130, 000 US troops or something don't do this sort of thing. It is
> the exception, not the rule.

We heard about allegations of torture from Guantanamo too, and we only found out that this was happening because people took pictures.

Plus there have been loads of other reports showing US mistreatment of prisoners, to the extent of physical abuse and psychological torture.

I think it's fair to suppose torture, to some extent (though probably rarely to this extent) is fairly commonplace.

The only question is what can anyone do about it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.