GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question about S-video cables.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/03/05 at 13:58
Regular
"..."
[URL]http://www9.cd-wow.com/detail_results_3.php?product_code=16774&subcat=gamecube[/URL]

Would this work on a PAL gamecube ?
Wed 16/03/05 at 20:13
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
No, it won't work. At all.
Wed 16/03/05 at 19:21
Regular
"Underbean"
One would like to say, If one wanted mechanicle experties and advice, call nintendo, One is not fimilar with S video Doo Dars and Gaming Cubes.
Thank you and good day
Wed 16/03/05 at 16:05
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
It may work if you put it through a av reciever first, my xbox and ps2 do, but I dont have s-video for the cube, so couldn't tell you
Wed 16/03/05 at 14:07
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
They DONT work!
It is only PAL Gamecubes that aren't compatible!

Mad Catz and a few others released a Gamecube S-Video cable at the launch of the European Gamecube thinking that their cables were universal. Currys and many other chains sold them and continued to sell them after release, despite the cables not working on PAL machines.
I tried one out they definately don't work on PAL Gamecubes.
Only RGB, Digital HDTV and RF Cables are compatible.
Wed 16/03/05 at 14:00
Regular
"..."
I heard before that S-video cables don't work on PAL gamecubes, is that true or was it a rumor or what ?
Wed 16/03/05 at 13:59
Regular
Should do.
Wed 16/03/05 at 13:58
Regular
"..."
[URL]http://www9.cd-wow.com/detail_results_3.php?product_code=16774&subcat=gamecube[/URL]

Would this work on a PAL gamecube ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.