GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola FTP Help Needed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/04/04 at 16:52
Regular
Help Me!

So I have a freeola account, which is supposed to be hosting my web site.

It is hosting the URL now. But I'm having problems FTPing my pages up.

When I try to FTP, either directly through Explorer or through the link on my Freeola control pannel, I get a window telling me it won't accept my password.

I've already used the password on my dial-up connection and to log into freeola.
In fact, using the link through the freeola control panel, it gives the password automatically.

Anyone know what's going on?
Thu 29/04/04 at 20:53
Regular
Dialled up from freeola, and had left 24 hours since registering the domain name.

I think I'm getting a grasp of the problem though -

I had 2 freeola accounts, one with an old web site on it, one which I wanted to use for this new one.

At first I had both sites on a single freeola account, but then realised (Timmargh pointed it out) that both URLs would point to the same web space.

So I got the second accout, took the new domain off my first freeola account, waited the 15 minutes for the system to catch up, and put the domain on the new account.

I tried FTPing to the domain's web space from the new freeola account.

Which brings us up to me starting the thread - it wouldn't work.

Then I tried FTPing from the new freeola account, but using the *old* account's details (the account the domain was originally hosted on).
And it let me in.

Very odd, but it seems that freeola only half let me change hosts - I can use a new account, but it'll still be on the old web space.

Unless that 15 minutes wasn't enough, and it did need 24 hours...
But that'd surprise me, to say the least.

Might be worth a try though...
Thu 29/04/04 at 19:40
Regular
"I crashed into a va"
When did you add the domain to your account, the FTP will not work until the DNS servers have refreshed which usualy takes 24 hours.
Please check your emails are working as they normally start working 15 minutes after you add it to an SR account.

Please do note the service will require you to be directly connected to Freeola (i.e on the 0845 service), a connection from another ISP will not work when attempting to access the FTP server.

Any problems after this time I would advise you contact the Freeola Support Team either by phone or by posting a support ticket via http://www.freeola.info/request/
Thu 29/04/04 at 19:09
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
To access your webspace you've got to use Freeola's dial up service.

Use a FTP client like Filezilla, it's far easier than using IE.
Thu 29/04/04 at 16:52
Regular
Help Me!

So I have a freeola account, which is supposed to be hosting my web site.

It is hosting the URL now. But I'm having problems FTPing my pages up.

When I try to FTP, either directly through Explorer or through the link on my Freeola control pannel, I get a window telling me it won't accept my password.

I've already used the password on my dial-up connection and to log into freeola.
In fact, using the link through the freeola control panel, it gives the password automatically.

Anyone know what's going on?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.