GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kill Bill DVD owners, we've been robbed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/04/04 at 21:58
Regular
Well you knew it was inevitable but:

"Yes, you've been robbed. And if you haven't, you're about to. Miramax is planning on releasing no less than six (SIX!) versions of KILL BILL on DVD with hopes of either conning unsuspecting viewers into buying more than one version or taking advantage of Tarantino devotees who collect DVDs.

It's an all-too-popular M.O. for home entertainment companies who repeatedly return to the same well in an attempt to get "multiple bites at the apple," according to Miramax Chief Operating Officer Rick Sands. The New York Times spoke with Mr. Sands last Tuesday when he revealed the studio's plans for six different versions. He said rather callously, "This is the beauty of having two volumes...VOL. 1 goes out, VOL. 2 goes out, then VOL. 1 SPECIAL EDITION, VOL. 2 SPECIAL EDITION, the two-pack, then the Tarantino collection as a boxed set out for Christmas...And you multiply this internationally."

Full article found Here: [URL]http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=4177[/URL]

:-/
Tue 04/05/04 at 23:46
Regular
"Milky Milky"
You've all been robbed...Kill Bill is an awful overhyped piece of dump!!
Sat 01/05/04 at 20:35
"Majestic"
My friend has just come back from vietnam; he bought kill bill there.
cost him 60 pence. And its all in english.

So yes, you've all been robbed :)
Sat 01/05/04 at 20:30
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm still trying to decide whether to buy the current version of Kill Bill. If I do buy it though I'd be happy enough just to see the movie, as I'm not a big fan of all these special features that always appear on DVD's. You're only conning yourself if you buy the same movie twice.
Sat 01/05/04 at 16:37
"Lemon eyewash"
mr sunday night wrote:
> whats the one cut bit in the jap version??

i got the jap version and the diffence is there's no black and white cut scences and you see a few more japs lose some limbs :)
Sat 01/05/04 at 00:27
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I got some weird collector cards and a box sleeve for the DVD case with mine.

That's special edition enough for me.
Wed 28/04/04 at 15:18
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Beppe wrote:
> Surely you lot saw this coming! its like the LOTR films, they have set
> a tread that will screw over dedicated fans of films.

The Lord of the Rings series is perfectly fair on the fans, there is the theatrical cut for the normal viewers and the extended editions for those who are more keen.

Simple.
Wed 28/04/04 at 14:25
Regular
"Music Is Life"
Kill Bill vol 1 & 2 will be on one DVD and be in japenese

mr sunday night wrote:
> whats the one cut bit in the jap version??
Wed 28/04/04 at 14:14
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
whats the one cut bit in the jap version??
Wed 28/04/04 at 14:04
Regular
"Music Is Life"
Surely you lot saw this coming! its like the LOTR films, they have set a tread that will screw over dedicated fans of films. I`ll wait for the special editions or even the "one-cut" jap edition.
Wed 28/04/04 at 13:16
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
ive got the firts one and ill get the 2nd but cant be arsed with the special editions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.