GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I am truly AMD_MAN now yeeeee heeee!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/04/04 at 19:46
Regular
I have just realised that i can actually call myself AMD_MAN now without peaple wondering why i have a P4 rig, although i do still have a P4 2.8 Rig it is not my main system (it's a Softwall\Fileserver\SETI Cruncher), i am now running my lovely AMD64 chip, hooorah....
Tue 27/04/04 at 19:46
Regular
I have just realised that i can actually call myself AMD_MAN now without peaple wondering why i have a P4 rig, although i do still have a P4 2.8 Rig it is not my main system (it's a Softwall\Fileserver\SETI Cruncher), i am now running my lovely AMD64 chip, hooorah....
Tue 27/04/04 at 19:47
Regular
What?!?!? And after all this time too!!

You have deceived us...
Tue 27/04/04 at 19:49
"I love yo... lamp."
Sweet. I fancy one, but only built a top of the range Athlon XP system a few months ago. I did get my mate to buy an Athlon 64 laptop on Sunday though. Any plans to overclock?

Oh and SETI? Please.. do something useful like joining the SR Find-A-Drug team. Cure Cancer, HIV, TB, Malaria.. whatever else they have running at the moment. Humanity could do with solving some of its problems before trying to find more!
Tue 27/04/04 at 19:57
Regular
Building the athlon 64 was a bŁ$"h at first as i have the Abit KV8-MAX3 motherboard and it had the very first bios revision so it was not compatible with my memory, i finaly got that sorted then windows xp pro decided not to like the fact that i installed the radeons drivers before i updated to service pack 1, it is now running sweet.

I have tried overclocking it, i got it to 2.2ghz no probs with no heat increase, the problem is i cannot lock the PCI or AGP bus's, i am hoping that this can be fixed in a bios release then i can clock it as far as i can take it.

As for SETI, i was thinking of stopping it and running folding@home on all my computers, how would i join your team here?

Cheers
Colin
Tue 27/04/04 at 20:11
"I love yo... lamp."
I hear they are a touch on the difficult side to build and get the best from. I know someone who has reached a touch over 2.5 GHz on a 3200XP Athlon 64 chip. He used a PCI SATA controller card that supported 66 MHz PCI buses. That and Audigy 2 card that can handle over 50 MHz PCI speeds.

He's now got nearly 23K in 3D Mark 2001 :-)
Tue 27/04/04 at 20:12
"I love yo... lamp."
Oh yeah, and I don't mean Folding@Home.

Here is the original topic I posted about Find A Drug. [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=83829&forumid=4006[/URL]
Tue 27/04/04 at 20:13
Regular
darn good score, i have thought about all that and am hopeing that abit do a bios update for it, im sure it can be done?

Any info on joining the folding@home team, if we have one?

Colin
Tue 27/04/04 at 20:27
"I love yo... lamp."
There isn't a Folding@home team on SR, just a FAD team and a now obsolete UD team. We are ranked 57th team on FAD.
Tue 27/04/04 at 22:34
Regular
Oh well not to worry, i have joined the OcUK team now. bummer.

Colin
Tue 27/04/04 at 23:00
"I love yo... lamp."
Join FAD! It is the best, I've tried all the DC projects. It is the only one that actually responds to its users.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.