GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sepp Blatter is at it again"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/04/04 at 18:18
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
[URL]http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldFootballNews&storyID=4956460§ion=news[/URL]

"there is always a winner at every other game"

I'm sure rugby fans, basketball fans, hockey fans etc would be surprised to learn that little fact.

Moron - well that's my opinion of him.
Fri 30/04/04 at 00:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Foreman wrote:
> When they do come up with good subjects, they never develop them. We
> still don't see any technolgy for the refs for off the line
> clearences or penalty shouts and this has been going on for a couple
> of years now.

Which i believe Blatter brought up in that article saying he doesn't want video technology introduced, because football is all about referees mistakes apparently for him.              
Thu 29/04/04 at 19:40
Regular
"Baros!!!"
When they do come up with good subjects, they never develop them. We still don't see any technolgy for the refs for off the line clearences or penalty shouts and this has been going on for a couple of years now.

Thu 29/04/04 at 17:15
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Solskjær wrote:
> Didn't Major League Soccer in the USA used to run like this?

Im inclined to think it still does, to some extent. I think if the scores are tied at the end of 90 minutes, they play extra time for something like 5 minutes to see if there is a goal and thus a winner. Chris Powell explained this on Soccer AM near the start of the season after he left us for a MLS team, dont remember which.

As for Blatter, i think that is another daft idea, and is on par with his comments on womens football, which were ludicrous. I will be pleased if he is soon relieved of his duties of making a mess of football.
Thu 29/04/04 at 13:33
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
No-man should have this much power in the game of football - the power to change the basic idea of drawn games!
Thu 29/04/04 at 12:33
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Solskjær wrote:

> Actually, very-few of his ludicrous ideas have actually gone
> all-the-way in recent years... :o

That's probably for the best. I swear he always opens his mouth before engaging his brain.

I had visions of things opposite to Foreman. Imagine you were four from bottom, last game of the season against Man Utd. You need at least a draw to guarantee not being relegated. Score early on and keep Utd out until, bham, Utd score in the 96th minute.(:D) It would be heartbreaking to then take this to penalties and lose.
Thu 29/04/04 at 11:16
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Didn't Major League Soccer in the USA used to run like this?
Thu 29/04/04 at 11:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Roll-on 2007!!!

Imagine a league season where only 3 points could be won or lost...
For teams at the top, the gap could be that-much-bigger. And the same applies to the teams struggling at the other end; with smaller, weaker squads unable and inexperienced to match 'The Best' when it comes down to the pressure of a final show-down after 90 minutes.

My God, I think I'd rather go and watch Cricket if this happens - there's certainly be life within each year- long game (or however stupidly-long they last...)!

The best idea they've had was to bring-in the 'Silver Goal' ruling. Yet, for another act of stupidity, they felt they needed to remove this and the Golden one from the rule-book altogether! :P

:@

Actually, very-few of his ludicrous ideas have actually gone all-the-way in recent years... :o
Wed 28/04/04 at 20:59
It would be a novelty for a while, then it would just get stale, and take away the excitement in important matches.
Wed 28/04/04 at 20:33
Regular
Eventually we'll have a game with no draws, quarters, cheerleaders (maybe not a bad thing), 6 points for a goal, 4 for a corner, 2 for a free-kick which will appeal to the Americans but nobody else.

Out of interest, how did he manages to get voted in for a 2nd term anyway?
Wed 28/04/04 at 19:37
Regular
"Baros!!!"
The guy has totally lost the plot. Okay, it may make the game more exciting to watch with both teams trying hard for a win, but it would totally ruin the league.

What would happen if Arsenal were winning the Premiership with one game left knowing that a draw would clinch them the Premiership, only to find out that the match has to go to penalties and they end up losing the penalty shootout and losing the Premiership title.

It's crazy.

Leave the points system as it is now, look how exciting the Premiership looks with teams battling for 4th place.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.