GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best kung-fu movies."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/04/04 at 16:17
Regular
"Teal'c"
Can’t really think of the proper name for them right now, if there even is one, but I’m after the best movies you can think of regarding kung fu or martial arts, etc. Ones that are preferably well made, with a decent storyline and set in the past if at all possible. Subtitles are fine, but if there are any that speak English, that’d be good too.

Example of greatness that I like: CTHD, and Hero.

Ta very much.

Oh yeah, and not too gory if you would, it wouldn’t hurt to get a few things my mum and dad can watch too.
Thu 29/04/04 at 12:58
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Lou Role's list is packed full of some good ones.
For Jackie Chan films I'd have to recommend:
Young Master
Dragon Lord
Project A 1 & 2
Police Story 1, 2, 3
Crime Story
Armour of God
Operation Condor
Wheels on Meals
The Lucky Stars series (has some rather naff comedy, but great fight sequences).
The Accidental Spy is OK as far as recent Jackie Chan films go, and has a few good fight/stunt scenes, particularly the bit where he's naked, and fighting loads of henchmen whilst trying to conceal his "bits".

Apparently Snake in the Eagle's Shadow and Drunken Master are being re-released on better dvd versions by Hong Kong Legends at some point too.

Bruce Lee films are also full of chop-socky goodness;
Enter the Dragon
Way of the Dragon
Big Boss
Fist of Fury
Game of Death (mainly the bit where he's fighting in the pagoda, not the cobbled together they created after Lee died).
Thu 29/04/04 at 12:42
Regular
"Horny Man!"
Three words - Drunken Master Two!

That is all
El Horno
Wed 28/04/04 at 23:31
Regular
not one mention of enter the dragon.

tut tut tut
Wed 28/04/04 at 20:14
Regular
"lets go back"
Shogun Assasin and Zatoichi are also really good but are pretty violent so they may not suit. My copy of Hero is on the way. I cant wait.
Wed 28/04/04 at 19:43
"possibly impossible"
City Hunter is good, if you discount the film and just watch the hilarious Streetfighter 2 homage.
Tue 27/04/04 at 19:13
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Drunken Master
Snake in the Eagles Shadow
Once upon a time in China trilogy
Young Master
Way of the Dragon
Big Boss
Game of Death
Game of Death 2
Fist of Fury
My Lucky Starts (a bit of a comedy though)

Other great Hong Kong flicks are:

Flamming Brothers
Red Wolf
Avenging Fist
Tiger on the Beat
The Killer
Hitman
Crime Story
Police Story
Police Story 2

Just go to 'www.hongkonglegends.co.uk' and you'll find all the Kung-Fu movies you could ever want.

Every movie from that site is digitally re-mastered, and you can either listen to the movies in Cantonese with english subtitles, or you can listen to them with english voice-overs. But I recommended listening to the movies in Cantonese as it's more authentic, and to be honest, I think dubbed Kung-Fu flicks look really cheesy.

Just a little while ago, Police Story was on Channel 5 and it was dubbed, it just didn't compare to watching it the way it was intended to be.
Tue 27/04/04 at 18:58
Regular
Iron Monkey, Once upon a time in China, The Young Master, Fist of Fury and Way of the Dragon.

Many more, just can't think of them right now.
Tue 27/04/04 at 16:17
Regular
"Teal'c"
Can’t really think of the proper name for them right now, if there even is one, but I’m after the best movies you can think of regarding kung fu or martial arts, etc. Ones that are preferably well made, with a decent storyline and set in the past if at all possible. Subtitles are fine, but if there are any that speak English, that’d be good too.

Example of greatness that I like: CTHD, and Hero.

Ta very much.

Oh yeah, and not too gory if you would, it wouldn’t hurt to get a few things my mum and dad can watch too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.