GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bye bye Storm..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/04/04 at 14:21
Regular
Taken from NODQ.com:

It’s fitting that fans in Calgary on April 19 gave Lance Storm a standing ovation for his match against Steven Richards, taped for the Heat broadcast that aired on April 25. What the crowd didn’t know was they were witnessing Storm’s final match.

Updating his commentary today, Storm announced that he is retiring from active competition and taking a position as a trainer for Ohio Valley Wrestling, the WWE’s developmental territory in Louisville, Kentucky. His goal is to move on from that position into one of a road agent, a job currently held by former stars like Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko and Dave "Fit" Finlay, who encouraged him to pursue the change.

"I have been dissatisfied with my in ring career for quite a while." Storm said in his commentary. "I have been lost in the quagmire for the better part of the year, with no direction, no focus, and quite frankly no forward motion. This isn’t anyone’s fault so much as it is a compilation of several factors. I have always wanted to be an important part of the product and I had come to the point where I was feeling that I could contribute more outside the ring than I have been inside it."

In addition, four bulging discs and problems with his sciatic nerve has resulted in being unable to take some bumps and "I am limping and in great pain after most matches, I have even had my legs go numb on me on a few occasions."

Discussions have been ongoing for the role since prior to Wrestlemania, and the deal was signed at the RAW taping. Storm, who was trained in Calgary in the Hart Dungeon and still resides in Cowtown with his wife and daughters, said that it was fitting to have his final match at the Saddledome.

"If this match is going to be my last I’m so glad it happened in Calgary. I am proud to be one of a long line of great (if you’ll indulge my ego one last time) workers to come out of Calgary, and the support I received that night from the crowd was unbelievable. I love you all and can’t thank you enough for making possibly my last night one to remember. I managed to get my ‘Tribute to Owen’ flip in as well as my Davey Boy suplex, and if Benoit wasn’t on the card I would have even worked in a Sharp Shooter. My post match celebration was very emotional, if the cameras hadn’t cut so quickly you may have even spotted a tear in my eye."

Pfft...
Wed 28/04/04 at 14:06
Regular
"..."
I read this moringon Wrestlezone that several NWATNA sources felt they could tempt Storm into a wrestling role if he could get out of his WWE contract. It would be a big coup for them to steal anyone fom the WWE at the moment.
Tue 27/04/04 at 23:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Great talent criminally underused by the WWE. Glad to see he's still sticking around though
Tue 27/04/04 at 23:10
Regular
"I like cheese"
He beat The Rock once quite recently, no? :D
Tue 27/04/04 at 22:53
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I actually think Lance Storm in his prime is a match for anyone and ranked up there with the best of them.
Tue 27/04/04 at 22:23
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Booooooooring........Booooooooooooring

A great chant.
Tue 27/04/04 at 20:35
Regular
"I like cheese"
Lol, Lance Storm ruled.

Good luck to him.
Tue 27/04/04 at 18:04
Regular
"Plate of glue"
No big loss . . .
Tue 27/04/04 at 14:21
Regular
Taken from NODQ.com:

It’s fitting that fans in Calgary on April 19 gave Lance Storm a standing ovation for his match against Steven Richards, taped for the Heat broadcast that aired on April 25. What the crowd didn’t know was they were witnessing Storm’s final match.

Updating his commentary today, Storm announced that he is retiring from active competition and taking a position as a trainer for Ohio Valley Wrestling, the WWE’s developmental territory in Louisville, Kentucky. His goal is to move on from that position into one of a road agent, a job currently held by former stars like Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko and Dave "Fit" Finlay, who encouraged him to pursue the change.

"I have been dissatisfied with my in ring career for quite a while." Storm said in his commentary. "I have been lost in the quagmire for the better part of the year, with no direction, no focus, and quite frankly no forward motion. This isn’t anyone’s fault so much as it is a compilation of several factors. I have always wanted to be an important part of the product and I had come to the point where I was feeling that I could contribute more outside the ring than I have been inside it."

In addition, four bulging discs and problems with his sciatic nerve has resulted in being unable to take some bumps and "I am limping and in great pain after most matches, I have even had my legs go numb on me on a few occasions."

Discussions have been ongoing for the role since prior to Wrestlemania, and the deal was signed at the RAW taping. Storm, who was trained in Calgary in the Hart Dungeon and still resides in Cowtown with his wife and daughters, said that it was fitting to have his final match at the Saddledome.

"If this match is going to be my last I’m so glad it happened in Calgary. I am proud to be one of a long line of great (if you’ll indulge my ego one last time) workers to come out of Calgary, and the support I received that night from the crowd was unbelievable. I love you all and can’t thank you enough for making possibly my last night one to remember. I managed to get my ‘Tribute to Owen’ flip in as well as my Davey Boy suplex, and if Benoit wasn’t on the card I would have even worked in a Sharp Shooter. My post match celebration was very emotional, if the cameras hadn’t cut so quickly you may have even spotted a tear in my eye."

Pfft...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.