GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can't View Site"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/11/06 at 09:39
Regular
I recently bought a domain name off of GetDotted. I connected via Dial-up to the site and I uploaded all my files. I didn't realise that the 'htdocs' folder did anything and I deleted it. is there some where I can download those folders?
Sun 12/11/06 at 17:12
Regular
Ah. Now I see it. Thanks everyone! You've all been a great help.
Sun 12/11/06 at 17:07
Regular
Yep I can see it too.
Sun 12/11/06 at 17:04
Regular
So you see my website fine? Without the images because they're not uploaded.
Sun 12/11/06 at 17:02
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Michael W wrote:
> It doesn't work.
>
> http://www.savageassassins.co.uk/

I see your website (albeit without images which I guess you've not uploaded yet). Try emptying your browser cache?
Sun 12/11/06 at 16:54
Regular
It doesn't work.

http://www.savageassassins.co.uk/
Sun 12/11/06 at 16:48
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
It would appear that the web site is now working. You've got the index.html and the about.htm page in the correct place within the htdocs folder, so everything all looks good now!
Sun 12/11/06 at 16:02
Regular
The folders were back. I uploaded 'index.html' to my domain but it still deosn't show. I get this:

ERROR 404, The Page Cannot Be Found...

Possibly due to an incorrect or outdated link (especially if arriving from a search engine).

If you are the owner you can find more help at the Freeola Support Centre. or by speaking to a member of our technical support team on: 0871 210 9977

Along with some other stuff but they are only advertisements.
Sun 12/11/06 at 14:15
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Simply creating a normal new folder called htdocs is all you need to do. This is just a default folder and does not need any thing special done to it at all.
Sun 12/11/06 at 13:33
Regular
simon123 wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I did that when I had just got started but on Freeola. The next
> time I tried to upload, the folder re appeared. Have you re
> checked?
>
> Regards

Does that mean I have to remove all my files, wait a while then reconnect?
Sun 12/11/06 at 10:29
Regular
I'll try a create a new 'htdocs' folder. Does there have to be certain permissions on the folder?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.