GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Quick RAM Question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/04/04 at 02:50
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
My computer is being computerish, and has decided it's going to be rubbish at running a couple of things at once.

If I have a few things running (lets, for examples sake of course, say Firefox, Kazaa, WMP9... etc) at once, things will be a begger when opening. They take their time and so on.

So would more RAM help this?
I have 256mb already, by the way.
Cheers.
Tue 27/04/04 at 19:43
Regular
I also could not handle 256mb of memory my graphics card has that!
Sun 25/04/04 at 14:42
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I dont think i could cope with 256mb of RAM, im already finding my computer getting slower.
Sun 25/04/04 at 13:21
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Cheers everyone - I'm on XP Pro, by the way.

Yeah, I've been thinking about some more RAM for a while now. Ta.
Sun 25/04/04 at 04:25
Regular
"Ka mate! Ka ora!"
As well as defragging your hard drive make sure you have at least 1gb of free disk space.
In Kazaa you can also turn down the system resource usage.
Also if you are using Windows 95/98/me don't install more than 384mb of RAM as they cann't map more than 480mb properly. This will also slow things down.
You can also turn off other programmes running in the background that you don't need as these might be using up your resources.
Sun 25/04/04 at 04:20
Regular
Ya Kazaa is evil.. and it comes with bloody spyware so I use something else..
Sun 25/04/04 at 04:02
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yes, definitely more RAM and maybe a faster harddrive. Have you considered defragging? I should point out that Kazaa uses loads of memory. Check it out in ctrl+alt+delete.
Sun 25/04/04 at 02:50
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
My computer is being computerish, and has decided it's going to be rubbish at running a couple of things at once.

If I have a few things running (lets, for examples sake of course, say Firefox, Kazaa, WMP9... etc) at once, things will be a begger when opening. They take their time and so on.

So would more RAM help this?
I have 256mb already, by the way.
Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.