GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The little things: I wuntz mi triguz"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/03/05 at 15:08
Regular
"8==="
According to IGN xbox triggers are to be replaced by shoulder buttons on the Xbox 2.

BAD.

Where I'm all for innovation, I like my triggers! Imagine Goldeneye without the Z-button, imagine having to use the right shoulder button!

Noooooo!

So after painfully playing AUF and Turok:Evolution on the cube I found myself gravitating towards the Xbox a few years back. It had triggers.

Coincidence? I think not.

So will Nintendo go back to triggers for the Revolution? Will the PS3 take the bold step and aim to have the best controller rather than the worst? Will NONE of the next-gen consoles have triggers AT ALL!!??

Here's hoping I can use my N64 controller on the revolution and my xbox one on it's money grabbing sibling.

Sincerely,

Mr I Appreciate Triggers Esq.
Fri 18/03/05 at 22:33
Regular
"8==="
They are going to have those?

I hope so.
Fri 18/03/05 at 22:26
Regular
If that's gonna be the case I'll buy a controller adapter and use my Xbox (1) controllers

Thumbs up - *bing* :D
Fri 18/03/05 at 22:21
Regular
"I'm Great."
Game wrote:
> I imagine they'll have two smaller triggers lower down and two
> shoulder buttons on the top.

I'm liking the idea at the moment. Could work well if games allow you to swap between the two in the control set up. That would please most I think.
Fri 18/03/05 at 22:15
Regular
"8==="
On the S-pad nothing's wrong.

On the original pad they're not in a great place.
Fri 18/03/05 at 22:08
Regular
"Craziest Col"
What's wrong with the black and white buttons?
Fri 18/03/05 at 21:42
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I imagine they'll have two smaller triggers lower down and two shoulder buttons on the top. All I know is that they need to get rid of the Black and White..

Love sees no colour...

*yingyang*
Fri 18/03/05 at 21:41
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I'd like a metal controller than doesn't break when your throw it at M Bison because he cheats.

Not sure how long my TV screen would last, mind.
Fri 18/03/05 at 21:40
Regular
"8==="
I find the weight of the controller a bit light really - but yeah they do the job.

I'd prefer a proper N64-like Z button though.
Fri 18/03/05 at 21:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I like the Cube ones - press or click for different effect etc.
Fri 18/03/05 at 18:35
Regular
"8==="
Trouble is: by trying to appeal to gamers who prefer other genres you lose some of the gamers who liked the triggers.

No doubt many more playstation gamers will love it but personally I'll go with the console that has the best triggers for my FPS needs.

Halo 3 without triggers? Oh please.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.