GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Logic. . ."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/04/04 at 22:14
"Majestic"
I was staring at my 2.1 PC speakers, when I decided I wanted to use them for my cube. Yes; I am a cheap skate, and No I won’t fork out £20 for some proper ones. Read on please…

I made myself a lead: Female audio to Red and White male Phono’s the perfect crime?
In theory, I should just be able to plug the Red and White phono’s into the scart adaptor, and the yellow phono from the Gamecube, straight into the Television, and then plug my speakers into the female-audio end. Hehe, complicated? Well it gets worse.

Instead of working like I would have hoped, I ended up with a picture, with the ITV’s sound. Picture this if you will; Mario Kart has loaded up, and all you can hear is Corrie’s Theme tune. I may have been knocked down, but I certainly wasn’t out.

I tried my freshly made lead on my DVD player, and to my surprise I had 2.1 sound, so my lead was working fine and dandy. I decided to try and be clever. Anyway, here’s what I did.

With my DVD player unplugged, I wired the Red and White Phonos to the appropriate holes: The Left and Right sockets. Then I wired the cubes yellow Phono to the yellow hole. Simple eh? Then I plugged a 21 pin Scart to Scart into the DVD player, and the other end went into the Television. Turn on my cube, Press the AV button I can see Mario kart, I can hear People in the Rovers on Coronation Street. *Sniff Sniff* what’s that smell?

Seriously, my DVD player smelt like it was on fire! I quickly unplugged everything, and wired my cube back to my television, to test if it works. Thank god – it’s still running.

So before I try anymore “clever stunts” I thought I’d ask you kind people if you knew anything about this type of stuff, or if you have wired your PC speakers to your cube- or any other console for that matter. It’s probably something simple, that I have overlooked.

PS: Yes, I could have posted this in the Nintendo forum, but I saw some nasty looking tumble weeds blowing past there, so I had the good sense to stay clear.

Thank’s in advance.
:D iscodexy
Fri 23/04/04 at 23:39
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
maybe not..
Fri 23/04/04 at 23:36
"Majestic"
yeah. . .
Fri 23/04/04 at 23:21
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
keep trying!
Fri 23/04/04 at 22:27
"Majestic"
Hey, I'm a man on a mission here, Its better than sitting on my moley ass all night, I'm trying to save myself £20 !
Fri 23/04/04 at 22:18
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Never tried it, I'm really not that stupid
Fri 23/04/04 at 22:14
"Majestic"
I was staring at my 2.1 PC speakers, when I decided I wanted to use them for my cube. Yes; I am a cheap skate, and No I won’t fork out £20 for some proper ones. Read on please…

I made myself a lead: Female audio to Red and White male Phono’s the perfect crime?
In theory, I should just be able to plug the Red and White phono’s into the scart adaptor, and the yellow phono from the Gamecube, straight into the Television, and then plug my speakers into the female-audio end. Hehe, complicated? Well it gets worse.

Instead of working like I would have hoped, I ended up with a picture, with the ITV’s sound. Picture this if you will; Mario Kart has loaded up, and all you can hear is Corrie’s Theme tune. I may have been knocked down, but I certainly wasn’t out.

I tried my freshly made lead on my DVD player, and to my surprise I had 2.1 sound, so my lead was working fine and dandy. I decided to try and be clever. Anyway, here’s what I did.

With my DVD player unplugged, I wired the Red and White Phonos to the appropriate holes: The Left and Right sockets. Then I wired the cubes yellow Phono to the yellow hole. Simple eh? Then I plugged a 21 pin Scart to Scart into the DVD player, and the other end went into the Television. Turn on my cube, Press the AV button I can see Mario kart, I can hear People in the Rovers on Coronation Street. *Sniff Sniff* what’s that smell?

Seriously, my DVD player smelt like it was on fire! I quickly unplugged everything, and wired my cube back to my television, to test if it works. Thank god – it’s still running.

So before I try anymore “clever stunts” I thought I’d ask you kind people if you knew anything about this type of stuff, or if you have wired your PC speakers to your cube- or any other console for that matter. It’s probably something simple, that I have overlooked.

PS: Yes, I could have posted this in the Nintendo forum, but I saw some nasty looking tumble weeds blowing past there, so I had the good sense to stay clear.

Thank’s in advance.
:D iscodexy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.