GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Locking "My Documents""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/04/04 at 16:45
Regular
"Nobody Home"
My Dad is working in Russia and he wants to be able to lock "my documents" so the Russia IT Techs cant browse his files during "basic maintenance". They are apparantly being instructed to report the progress of the job he is consulting for and he doesn't like it.

Is there a way to do this, or a free or crackable program i could use?

Dan.
Fri 23/04/04 at 16:45
Regular
"Nobody Home"
My Dad is working in Russia and he wants to be able to lock "my documents" so the Russia IT Techs cant browse his files during "basic maintenance". They are apparantly being instructed to report the progress of the job he is consulting for and he doesn't like it.

Is there a way to do this, or a free or crackable program i could use?

Dan.
Fri 23/04/04 at 17:00
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
You can Archive it, not sure if that's any good.
Fri 23/04/04 at 18:35
Regular
"Nobody Home"
no, i actually want it so u have to type a password in every time u open my docs.
Fri 23/04/04 at 18:50
Regular
"Digging!"
I don't know how their system is set up, but could he prevent it from being shared on the network? Or he could use floppies/CDs to save his work.
Fri 23/04/04 at 21:42
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
Windows can't do this but there are a variety of software that will. Just type lock folders into the search on download.com
Fri 23/04/04 at 23:03
Regular
"Nobody Home"
i cant find any free ones :( Can you help me out?
Sat 24/04/04 at 10:40
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Folder Lock, though the only sure way to be safe would be to take a removeable drive to use so that the files are never actually stored on the computer.
Sat 24/04/04 at 11:30
Regular
"Nobody Home"
yeah, folder lock will do, but its a 15 use trial.
Sun 25/04/04 at 18:04
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
now of course i would never condone such things but of course there is a way round those trials. i'll leave you to find them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.