GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game a day is going, but will you?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/04/01 at 00:42
Regular
The numbers (498 it will be in the moring) are the count down of the end of it. But hom many people are going to stay? I will, even though the hope of winning is gone. Who else is willing to write in for no chance!?

Here's to staying on (and copying Dringo)

Mr. Dark
Sun 15/04/01 at 18:57
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Quazimodo wrote:
> If GAD goes SR should put on a chat room or make somethink like MSN open for everybody who has SR from that momemnt and this we get our own E-Mail adress and we don't have to sign up to Freeola.

1. The red number in brackets is nothing to do with the end of GAD. It is the number of posts on UKdiscussions in the past 24 hours.

2. We have no plans to end GAD. Even though Winacar gives the number of days to go on Gameaday that's just because it has to have an end date. Actually there is no end date.

3. We don't intend to give you free e-mail because if we did it would costs £thousands per month and we would have to put our prices up. However, you can have e-mail at Freeola providing you use Freeola for your dial up connection. Freeola is cost effective for people spending less than 20 or so hours per month on the internet. The cost of the e-mail and web hosting is paid for by our share of your telephone call charges.
Sun 15/04/01 at 17:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Have you all got that now? bloody newbies!

(filling in for Sniper)
Sun 15/04/01 at 16:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
You are all idiots all of you!

It is not finishing it will run as long as its popular with customers - Tony has said before!

The number in corner which is now 466 is how many posts there has been in the last hour!

Honestly idiots
Sun 15/04/01 at 16:26
Regular
498 days?

That's 1 1/3 years!

By then I'll be gone anyway, playing the brand new gamecube I ordered off SR!
Sun 15/04/01 at 15:12
Regular
"not dead"
Mr. Dark wrote:

Here's to staying on (and copying Dringo)

I was really hoping you'd be saying quite the opposite :-(
Sun 15/04/01 at 14:59
Regular
ffs you really all are tah t stupid. It's just a countdown to the end of the competition but it will carry on if you keep up the good work on the discussions!
Sun 15/04/01 at 14:51
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Quite simply if Gameaday goes I think Discussions should go!

I
> think we just enjoy talking to eachother about games which is what
> we will do when gameaday goes. But...

Discussions is very slow
> and inefficant so it should be replaced with a chat room. We could
> talk to eac hother about games without having to refresh the page
> whilst we are waiting for someone to reply to your message.

So a
> chat room where we could talk to eachother bout games, Disscusions
> only work when the people at gameaday (such as tony) want to read it
> to see if it should win gameaday.

So a chat room then or should
> it stay the same? you tell me!

Dringo

Copy cat that was my idea!
Sun 15/04/01 at 12:46
Regular
"everyone says it"
The number in the top right of the screen is telling us how many posts have been added in the last 24hours.

It updates once an hour and is meant to get people to cliick on it, and I have, so it worked.

Sun 15/04/01 at 12:39
Regular
Once I posted a message about "The end of gameaday" cos I thought that that count down was for the end of the comp (cos that's what it said on winacar)

But Tony said they just reset the number afterwards...

Don't know why they put in a number though!
Sun 15/04/01 at 10:24
chat is good but so is discussion so... chat i think, but im not sure...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.