GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kill Bill 2 - a quick review"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/04/04 at 20:59
Regular
"lets go back"
May contain spoilers - (or maybe it was just spoiled by being in 2 parts)

I loved the first film so was eagerly awaiting this volume but i am hugely disapointed. It was an average film that entertained for an hour or so but nothing more. I cant believe this is from the same director as the masterpiece that is Pulp Fiction.

The whole film is basicialy about 5 scenes played back to back. It starts with a conversation with the bride(whose name is finaly revealed) talking to bill for about 20mins, then a scene with bill talking to budd for about 20 mins, then somebody else talking to somebody else for half an hour or so etc. etc. etc. and at the end of each 20 - 30 minute chat the apropriate person being killed. Its pretty boring with little action compared to the firsts Crazy 88 battle. In fact there is hardly any action at all.

The only saving grace to the dire conversation is Bills analogy of Superman comics.

All in all this film disapoints compared to the first.
Thu 22/04/04 at 20:59
Regular
"lets go back"
May contain spoilers - (or maybe it was just spoiled by being in 2 parts)

I loved the first film so was eagerly awaiting this volume but i am hugely disapointed. It was an average film that entertained for an hour or so but nothing more. I cant believe this is from the same director as the masterpiece that is Pulp Fiction.

The whole film is basicialy about 5 scenes played back to back. It starts with a conversation with the bride(whose name is finaly revealed) talking to bill for about 20mins, then a scene with bill talking to budd for about 20 mins, then somebody else talking to somebody else for half an hour or so etc. etc. etc. and at the end of each 20 - 30 minute chat the apropriate person being killed. Its pretty boring with little action compared to the firsts Crazy 88 battle. In fact there is hardly any action at all.

The only saving grace to the dire conversation is Bills analogy of Superman comics.

All in all this film disapoints compared to the first.
Fri 23/04/04 at 06:44
Regular
"cachoo"
Awww. That's a shame. :(
I loike her first name. Do they say it and not beep it out this time? There was a clue in the first one which was pretty hard to guess too..
Fri 23/04/04 at 10:42
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
On the film poster in the newspaper, Paul Ross called it "superb".

Make of that what you will...
Fri 23/04/04 at 12:19
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I was very disappointed aswell.

however the were some good parts, the 'eye' part, the 'snake' part and that asian master guy was excellent.

People who've seen it will kno what I mean. Also, the ending bit was very anti climax.
Fri 23/04/04 at 16:21
Regular
"lets go back"
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> I was very disappointed aswell.
>
> however the were some good parts, the 'eye' part, the 'snake' part
> and that asian master guy was excellent.
>
> People who've seen it will kno what I mean. Also, the ending bit was
> very anti climax.

The ending was absolute tosh. I was expecting a huge battle with Bill but instead she kills him while sitting on a garden chair. And it was abvious that she was going to use the 5 point presire palm manouver thingy
Fri 23/04/04 at 16:23
Regular
"lets go back"
Ms NY wrote:
> Awww. That's a shame. :(
> I loike her first name. Do they say it and not beep it out this time?
> There was a clue in the first one which was pretty hard to guess
> too..

Her name is ***SPOILER*** Beatrix Kiddo and if i remember corectly he calls her kiddo in the first film. I might be wrong about this but if he does then thats the "clue" to her name
Fri 23/04/04 at 21:15
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I was quite disappointed

Still alright, not a patch on first which wasn't a patch on Pulp Fiction.
Fri 23/04/04 at 21:19
Regular
Matrix Reloaded all over again it sounds like..
Fri 23/04/04 at 21:42
Regular
"cachoo"
Geffdof wrote:
> Her name is .... and if i remember corectly he calls her
> kiddo in the first film. I might be wrong about this but if he does
> then thats the "clue" to her name

Oioi! SPOILER! Some people don't wanna know that yet! ;)

The other clue in the first movie is just before the Crazy 88 arive and O-ren Ishii or whatever her name is (Lucy Lui) says, Silly rabbit, then The Bride cuts in and says, Trix are for kids. Way cool.. :)
Fri 23/04/04 at 21:52
Regular
"lets go back"
Ms NY wrote:

>
> Oioi! SPOILER! Some people don't wanna know that yet! ;)

You could stop reading after "Her name is", its kind of obvious whats coming next but i'll edit the post just in case

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.