GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kill Bill 2 - a quick review"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/04/04 at 20:59
Regular
"lets go back"
May contain spoilers - (or maybe it was just spoiled by being in 2 parts)

I loved the first film so was eagerly awaiting this volume but i am hugely disapointed. It was an average film that entertained for an hour or so but nothing more. I cant believe this is from the same director as the masterpiece that is Pulp Fiction.

The whole film is basicialy about 5 scenes played back to back. It starts with a conversation with the bride(whose name is finaly revealed) talking to bill for about 20mins, then a scene with bill talking to budd for about 20 mins, then somebody else talking to somebody else for half an hour or so etc. etc. etc. and at the end of each 20 - 30 minute chat the apropriate person being killed. Its pretty boring with little action compared to the firsts Crazy 88 battle. In fact there is hardly any action at all.

The only saving grace to the dire conversation is Bills analogy of Superman comics.

All in all this film disapoints compared to the first.
Sun 02/05/04 at 18:02
Regular
I just got back from seeing this, and I was suprised at how how much I enjoyed it.

Sure, it's very slow in parts, but it was still very enjoyable and had some cool music (although not as good as Volume 1's music) and had some interesting little suprises...
Mon 26/04/04 at 23:01
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
CTUbauer wrote:
> Annoymous wrote:
> Just got back from cinema 15 mins ago, and the buried alive scene is
> great!
>
> How can you go see it DURING THE DAY!? Meh!

Perhaps because there are no mongoose brats and because the screen is less full. Hence there is no popcorn or any crap like that.

Plus, I have found out from numerous occassions that during the day they don't take your ticket. So a few free films for me in the future.
Mon 26/04/04 at 22:28
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
Glad I'm not the only observant one :)
Mon 26/04/04 at 21:04
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I read that a fight scene between Bill and someone else was cut out (I think it was a flashback to show how good of a fighter he was), one of those clips may have been from that scene.

I also noticed that missing bit with the black guy from the trailer...
Mon 26/04/04 at 19:02
Regular
"She's a dog!"
I hated the first one...then I watched it again and now I like it.

The second one was more Tarantino like but lacked the edge that Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction had. It was more of a Jackie Brown.
Mon 26/04/04 at 17:11
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
Annoymous wrote:
> Just got back from cinema 15 mins ago, and the buried alive scene is
> great!

How can you go see it DURING THE DAY!? Meh!

I enjoyed it, but I'm gonna watch it again before I pass judgement as whether it was better than one, although I can say with some certainty that I preferred one.

Firstly, am I the only one who could see the whole 5-Point thing coming? As soon as Bill said "the Pai Mei has never taught it to anyone" - BANG! I knew she was gonna kill him with it at the conclusion. I was excited though to see whether we'd hear a HUGELY unrealistic BANG or he'd just collapse. This is one of the better handled parts of the film, but I was hoping for some sort of unconventional fight with swords using the chairs they were sitting on, but no cigar.

I didn't really like how sentimental it got near the end, but I guess you have to stick to realism.

I thought it was more classic Tarantino than the first one (did everyone spot the Kangaroo on the book? ), but lacked that action scenes I was hoping for.

Also, there were some clips in the trailer that were missing from the final cut, which I am curious about:

- A black guy twirling a stick around in what looks like Budd's trailer
- Bill throwing a sword at some Jap guy in what looks like a castle
- Beatrix winking to the camera - this is from the trailer and as every other car bit in the trailer showed at the start, I thought they might show this at the end.

I pray for the restored deleted scenes in the DVD, but I doubt it.

8/10 so far, but I'm gonna watch it again.
Mon 26/04/04 at 17:10
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
Ms NY wrote:
> Geffdof wrote:
> Her name is .... and if i remember corectly he calls her
> kiddo in the first film. I might be wrong about this but if he does
> then thats the "clue" to her name
>
> Oioi! SPOILER! Some people don't wanna know that yet! ;)
>
> The other clue in the first movie is just before the Crazy 88 arive
> and O-ren Ishii or whatever her name is (Lucy Lui) says, Silly
> rabbit
, then The Bride cuts in and says, Trix are for
> kids
. Way cool.. :)

Er...no :)
Sun 25/04/04 at 14:26
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Just got back from cinema 15 mins ago, and the buried alive scene is great!
Sat 24/04/04 at 04:33
Regular
watched it tonight.
a classic IMO.
Fri 23/04/04 at 22:44
Regular
"lets go back"
Its not like its a huge plot spoiler. but ive changed it now anyway

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.