GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Izzet True?!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/04/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Is it really true? Could cockney-voiced Turkish international midfielder Muzzy Izzet finally be ready to up-and-leave Leicester City aftera full 8-years of hard-work, dedication and true passion for this yo-yo-ing, "up-and-down" Premier League club?

Well, according to his Agent, he could well be, this summer...

-----

Taken from www.Football365.com:

IZZET ON HIS WAY - Agent
Thursday April 22 2004

The race for Muzzy Izzet's signature is set to begin in earnest after the Leicester City midfielder's agent confirmed that his client will be leaving the Walkers Stadium in the summer

Whether the Foxes - currently lying second from the bottom and six points from safety - retain their Premiership status or not, the Turkish midfielder will not be renewing his contract which expires at the end of the season.

"The time has come for him to join a club where he can better himself," said Izzet's agent Jonathan Barnett.

"Muzzy has given sterling service to Leicester for a number of years.

"There been no shortage of interest in him, but nothing will be finalised until the summer.
"

Izzet has been one of Leicester's most consistent performers this campaign and whatever slim hopes Micky Adams' charges have of staving off relegation hinge on the 29-year-old.

There will be no shortage of takers for the player who joined the Foxes from Chelsea in 1996, with ambitious Birmingham City believed to be early favourites to sign him.

Blues boss Steve Bruce is already on record as saying that he will be looking to bolster his squad with a couple of new players and is already scouring the market for potential targets.

Relegation-threatened Blackburn, resurgent Aston Villa, Charlton and Celtic have all also been mentioned as possible destinations.

----------

I've always thought he was a talented player, and that he should have left The Foxes (like Emile Heskey did) a long, long time ago. But, as commited to the club as he was, I feel it's only damaged what could have been a potentialy-great career for him, just a little.

He could've achieved so-much-more...
For one, perhaps one of those Muppets in-charge before Turkey came calling could've given him the England cap I feel he fully deserved (unlike 65% of the 'tards who get into Eriksson's squads these days). We may have 'enough' central midfielders right now, but we will never know now...

Blackburn? Aston Villa? Charlton or Celtic?

While he'd surely fit in as a good long-term replacemnt for Scott Parker at The Valley, surely even he, at his age, should be looking at the bigger picture, even higher up the table?

Inevitabley, I expect Spurs to make a move at some point.
1. He's a midfielder. And 2. Let's face it; Jamie Redknapp ain't ever gonna properly play again, is he!

Perhaps Chelsea will also try to tempt him with the wave of a few-thousand green-coloured notes? They're midfield still isn't quite 'settled' yet... (as we saw the other night)

What about Liverpool? I mean, with Gerard Houllier still in-charge, thanks solely to Steven Gerrard, they're even more of a one-man team than Arsénal right now! They need all they can get.
Then again, I wouldn't hold your breath, Scoussers... After all, he isn't some over-rated French reject from the country's Third Division...!

What do you think?

It's certainly well-past time for Muzzy to leave, but "Izzet" also time for him to starting thinking Big?
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Is it really true? Could cockney-voiced Turkish international midfielder Muzzy Izzet finally be ready to up-and-leave Leicester City aftera full 8-years of hard-work, dedication and true passion for this yo-yo-ing, "up-and-down" Premier League club?

Well, according to his Agent, he could well be, this summer...

-----

Taken from www.Football365.com:

IZZET ON HIS WAY - Agent
Thursday April 22 2004

The race for Muzzy Izzet's signature is set to begin in earnest after the Leicester City midfielder's agent confirmed that his client will be leaving the Walkers Stadium in the summer

Whether the Foxes - currently lying second from the bottom and six points from safety - retain their Premiership status or not, the Turkish midfielder will not be renewing his contract which expires at the end of the season.

"The time has come for him to join a club where he can better himself," said Izzet's agent Jonathan Barnett.

"Muzzy has given sterling service to Leicester for a number of years.

"There been no shortage of interest in him, but nothing will be finalised until the summer.
"

Izzet has been one of Leicester's most consistent performers this campaign and whatever slim hopes Micky Adams' charges have of staving off relegation hinge on the 29-year-old.

There will be no shortage of takers for the player who joined the Foxes from Chelsea in 1996, with ambitious Birmingham City believed to be early favourites to sign him.

Blues boss Steve Bruce is already on record as saying that he will be looking to bolster his squad with a couple of new players and is already scouring the market for potential targets.

Relegation-threatened Blackburn, resurgent Aston Villa, Charlton and Celtic have all also been mentioned as possible destinations.

----------

I've always thought he was a talented player, and that he should have left The Foxes (like Emile Heskey did) a long, long time ago. But, as commited to the club as he was, I feel it's only damaged what could have been a potentialy-great career for him, just a little.

He could've achieved so-much-more...
For one, perhaps one of those Muppets in-charge before Turkey came calling could've given him the England cap I feel he fully deserved (unlike 65% of the 'tards who get into Eriksson's squads these days). We may have 'enough' central midfielders right now, but we will never know now...

Blackburn? Aston Villa? Charlton or Celtic?

While he'd surely fit in as a good long-term replacemnt for Scott Parker at The Valley, surely even he, at his age, should be looking at the bigger picture, even higher up the table?

Inevitabley, I expect Spurs to make a move at some point.
1. He's a midfielder. And 2. Let's face it; Jamie Redknapp ain't ever gonna properly play again, is he!

Perhaps Chelsea will also try to tempt him with the wave of a few-thousand green-coloured notes? They're midfield still isn't quite 'settled' yet... (as we saw the other night)

What about Liverpool? I mean, with Gerard Houllier still in-charge, thanks solely to Steven Gerrard, they're even more of a one-man team than Arsénal right now! They need all they can get.
Then again, I wouldn't hold your breath, Scoussers... After all, he isn't some over-rated French reject from the country's Third Division...!

What do you think?

It's certainly well-past time for Muzzy to leave, but "Izzet" also time for him to starting thinking Big?
Thu 22/04/04 at 13:10
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Muzzy Izzet practically is Leicester City, they'll never be able to replace him.
Thu 22/04/04 at 17:48
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Muzzy Izzet practically is Leicester City, they'll never be able to
> replace him.

This was possibly one of the stupidest comments I have ever read
Thu 22/04/04 at 17:53
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Lil Bro wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> replace him.
>
> This was possibly one of the stupidest comments I have ever read

And that was possibly the trolliest comment I have ever read.
Thu 22/04/04 at 18:02
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Lil Bro wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> replace him.
>
> This was possibly one of the stupidest comments I have ever read

Indeed. He's Turkish, was born in London and started his career at Chelsea.
Thu 22/04/04 at 18:07
Regular
"Colourless"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Indeed. He's Turkish, was born in London and started his career at
> Chelsea.

What's that got to do with it?

Henry is French, was born in France probably, and started his career at somewhere like Monaco. He (practically) is Arsenal. Your comment is irrelevant.

Next.
Thu 22/04/04 at 18:20
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
"Izzet True?"

AHAHaha.

Someone's been reading The Sun a bit too much.
Thu 22/04/04 at 18:43
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Forest Fan wrote:
> replace him.

You're a muppet. One player never makes a team, and Izzet has had a pretty quiet season at Leicster, I don't even remember him scoring once
Thu 22/04/04 at 18:47
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Ashman wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> replace him.
>
> You're a muppet. One player never makes a team,

Thierry Henry, foo'
Thu 22/04/04 at 19:04
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Lil Bro wrote:
> Ashman wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> replace him.
>
> You're a muppet. One player never makes a team,
>
> Thierry Henry, foo'

Utter shitewash.
Thierry Henry would never have scored those 4 goals had the quality of service not been what it was. Some of the passes were sublime.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.