GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Most disturbing ads ever? Mentally scarred by the Dolmio ad."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/04/04 at 21:18
Regular
"Braaains"
It's not unusual for TV adverts to be a little strange - after all, the aim of most adverts is to make the product name stick in your head. And an advert that makes you go 'What the hell?' is more likely to succeed in this respect, whereas a tedious ad might just pass you by. At least that's the only rationale I can think of to explain away the Dolmio adverts, which may be the most terrifying adverts ever.

For those of you who haven't seen them, the ads involve an stereotypical country-living italian 'family' (not the Mafia, I should add) sitting around having dinner, using Dolmio's sauces, of course, usually ending on some quip or other. Except that the family is played by terrifying looking muppet style puppets. Presumably someone somewhere thought they looked cute, but in actual fact they're just plain disturbing. Not just because they look so odd, but because previous adverts had the family being completely human. Where did they go? Just looking at the freaky puppet family I can't help but think these monstrosities crept up on the human family, slaughtered them all and took their clothes, disposing of their bodies, either by dumping them in the cellar or worse. I sure as hell wouldn't touch the bolognaise in their house.
Anyone else find this or other ads just plain disturbing, or do I just watch too much horror?
Fri 23/04/04 at 14:43
Regular
"Light of the world"
O dear..

you hace succeeded old boy. I am in a sixth form study area. Lots of people doing work in silence then i giggle in a single burst of outrageously loud nonsense because of your explanation!

...I look like a fool but i agree completely
Fri 23/04/04 at 13:48
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Azul wrote:
> Mary-Kate wrote:
> Did you hear thaat? aaahromahhticcKK spaaaahces??
>
> DIE, DIE, DIE.
> DIE.

Agreed.

And the thing is, they don't even look appealing.
Fri 23/04/04 at 13:23
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
"Calm down it's a commercial, I'm really a very good driver"

Aw man that guy....!!!
Thu 22/04/04 at 10:39
Regular
"cachoo"
The advert with the little boy running like a dog creeps me out.
Then there's that blue thing which likes to hug the woman's boob at the end.. :D
Thu 22/04/04 at 10:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
"I a-know how to a-press their buttons"

AYSTFDSEICDITSA
Thu 22/04/04 at 10:21
"For the horde!!!!"
That yop advert is just plain crap.
Wed 21/04/04 at 23:55
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Mary-Kate wrote:
> Did you hear thaat? aaahromahhticcKK spaaaahces??

DIE, DIE, DIE.
DIE.
Wed 21/04/04 at 23:24
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Did you hear thaat? aaahromahhticcKK spaaaahces??
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:18
Regular
"Braaains"
Timmargh wrote:
> Hannard wrote:
> ... the ads involve an stereotypical country-living italian 'family'
> ...
> *****
>
> And what makes it amusing is that Dolmio is made in Holland and the
> U.K.

Yeah, as are the number of 'foreign' beer ads with 'Brewed in UK' at the bottom of the screen. The 'Yop' advert with its wierd moving mouths is pretty creepy too - I seem to recall the freaky talking baby ads a while ago were odd as well.
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:00
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Hannard wrote:
> ... the ads involve an stereotypical country-living italian 'family' ...

And what makes it amusing is that Dolmio is made in Holland and the U.K.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.