GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2D Video"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/04/04 at 19:23
Regular
"NULL"
I keep running the PC Pitstop checks on my PC - not to look for any errors, but to try and get the best score I can. The thing that seems to be letting my PC down is the video, since the tests on PC Pitstop only test 2D.

I know there are other tests you can use (like Performance Test 4 which I use), but I'm keen to get a high PC Pitstop score. My PC is brand new and fairly high spec so if anyone can give me some advice on how to boost 2D video performance I would appreciate it. I get a score of 238 and the max ever on the site is 630.

My PC spec is:
Asus K8V SE Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64-bit XP3200+
1GB PC3500 Geil Memory
2 x 160GB S-ATA Samsung HDDs w/ 8MB cache
Hercules 3D Prophet 9800XT 256MB
DVD +/-/RAM Writer
Floppy Drive
GlobalWin SuperSilent 22dBA 520W PSU
Thermaltake V1000C Xaser III Supertower
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS7.1 Soundcard
Zalman AlCu Ultra-Quiet CPU Cooler

Any ideas?
Wed 21/04/04 at 21:57
Regular
"Digging!"
Nice spec PC...

I would check all the options are set to the highest in the catalyst driver (Your ATI GFX card driver) and if that doesn't do it maybe give GFx overclocking a try?
Wed 21/04/04 at 19:23
Regular
"NULL"
I keep running the PC Pitstop checks on my PC - not to look for any errors, but to try and get the best score I can. The thing that seems to be letting my PC down is the video, since the tests on PC Pitstop only test 2D.

I know there are other tests you can use (like Performance Test 4 which I use), but I'm keen to get a high PC Pitstop score. My PC is brand new and fairly high spec so if anyone can give me some advice on how to boost 2D video performance I would appreciate it. I get a score of 238 and the max ever on the site is 630.

My PC spec is:
Asus K8V SE Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64-bit XP3200+
1GB PC3500 Geil Memory
2 x 160GB S-ATA Samsung HDDs w/ 8MB cache
Hercules 3D Prophet 9800XT 256MB
DVD +/-/RAM Writer
Floppy Drive
GlobalWin SuperSilent 22dBA 520W PSU
Thermaltake V1000C Xaser III Supertower
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS7.1 Soundcard
Zalman AlCu Ultra-Quiet CPU Cooler

Any ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.