GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help!!!! im stuck!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/04/04 at 18:31
Regular
can anyone help me? i have just gor telewest on my phone and dial up internet aswell everything was working fine until i got disconnected, i checked my phone line and i had a phone message so i deleted the message and tried to get back online but it kept saying 'no dial tone' so i checked my phone line and it had the tone of a new message? which was weird! rang up telewest and they told me that in the northwest thats the dial tone to let u know u have that service on ure phone (the answer phone 1571) i asked them how do i get online and the guy said ' oh u just need to change the settings on ure modem so that it ignores the dialling tone? no idea how to do it? has anyone any idea? thanx
Thu 22/04/04 at 18:58
Regular
"Digging!"
Open the control Panel, and select "Phone and Modem options". Then click the modems tag, click on the used modem, click properties, click the modem tab, and unckeck the Dial control option to check for tone before dialing. This is in XP, but if you have another version press the Windows key and Pause Break similtaiously. Then click on the Device manager tab, click on the modems option on the list, double click on the used modem, click the modem tab, and unckeck the Dial control option to check for tone before dialing. Enjoy.
Wed 21/04/04 at 19:11
Regular
"NULL"
What operating system do you use? Windows 98/ME/XP ??

Basically, from the Control Panel, go to "Phone & Modem Options" or equivalent, and there is a setting in there.

I can't offer much help since I don't have a modem so I can't get into that control panel properly - but I'm sure someone can help.

If in doubt, do WindowsKey+F1 and use the help - there is a setting for it.
Wed 21/04/04 at 18:31
Regular
can anyone help me? i have just gor telewest on my phone and dial up internet aswell everything was working fine until i got disconnected, i checked my phone line and i had a phone message so i deleted the message and tried to get back online but it kept saying 'no dial tone' so i checked my phone line and it had the tone of a new message? which was weird! rang up telewest and they told me that in the northwest thats the dial tone to let u know u have that service on ure phone (the answer phone 1571) i asked them how do i get online and the guy said ' oh u just need to change the settings on ure modem so that it ignores the dialling tone? no idea how to do it? has anyone any idea? thanx

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.