GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars , Star Trek or Stargate : Which is the best?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/04/04 at 20:24
Regular
"56 000"
Star Trek is alright the latest Star Trek movies are satisfactory.Stargate the original film was good and the first series of sg1 are quite interesting. The best of those three sci fi cults have to be Star wars its quality. The best Star Trek series has to be Enterprise and the best Starwars movie has to be A new hope.
Thu 22/04/04 at 16:57
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
What level are they all being judged on? I pressume sicne Star Wars is in the list we are debating the best Movies. However which Star Wars one and which Star Trek one? I still think the Stargate movie would win ouut of that though. Or are we including t.v. series? If so which Star Trek one? I must admit I watch an equal amount of Star Trek Voyager to Stargate: SG-1. Prefer Stargate SG-1 though although repeats can become very tedious, less so than Star Trek Voyager in my opinion. However is we are including T.V. shows that puts star wars at a disadvantage.

I think I'd have to say that Stargate SG-1, out of all the t.v. show and movie possibilities would be the one I would watch. It is a brilliant idea with limitless possibilities and I definitely think it's got a few more series in it too. Maybe even as many as F.R.I.E.N.D.S, I hope so anyway because it is just getting better and better and if we keep advancing in it at the rate we are then it'll soon be like Star Trek anyway:P
Thu 22/04/04 at 15:05
Regular
Since when was Star Trek supposed to be a comedy?
Thu 22/04/04 at 08:08
"The Will of D."
Icaruss wrote:
> Stargate is the best by far, you can't put a price on the humour of
> Colenel Jack O'Neill - with two "L"s!

Yes Stargate SG1 is by far the best, it's outlived all the 7 series end of program limit and even spawed 2 spinoffs, even though the cartoon failed to meet expectations after it's first year.
Oh and Jack's humour is by far way better than any of the star trek character's i've seen.
Wed 21/04/04 at 09:52
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Voyager, when Harlon Ellison ("I have no mouth, but I must scream") got involved as a consultant. Some good, "hard" SF storylines.
Wed 21/04/04 at 09:47
Regular
"56 000"
I just find the Star Trek Next Generation or DS9 boring it just doesn't have that thing to make me watch it. Its not enough going on and slow paced.
Wed 21/04/04 at 01:57
Regular
Stargate is the best by far, you can't put a price on the humour of Colenel Jack O'Neill - with two "L"s!
Wed 21/04/04 at 01:31
"I love yo... lamp."
Oh and yes, what I managed to miss out was that Star Trek is the best by far. Simply because it created a whole universe without it just being a terribly milked cash cow. Sure, there are millions of books and games and memorabilia, but there is also 30 or so seasons over 6 series and 10 movies to base them on. Compare that to just 5 movies.

The only thing that Star Wars really has going for it is light sabres.
Wed 21/04/04 at 01:29
"I love yo... lamp."
Yeah it was strange. Voyager didn't give quite the same feeling because it had a final fulfillment at the end, in that they got home.

The Next Generation also had the DS9 feeling in the way it ended. It's going to be worse when Frasier ends.
Tue 20/04/04 at 22:55
Regular
I was genuinely sad when watching the last episode of DS9. It was like something massive had ended for me.
Tue 20/04/04 at 22:53
Regular
"8==="
Spaceballs yay!

To go into more detail I'd say DS9 is my favourite and Next:Gen and Babylon 5 just miss out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.