GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Could you do it?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/04/04 at 19:34
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Could you kill someone?
I don’t know whether I could or not. There are plenty of people I hate, and a few would go into the “To Kill” category, but I am not sure I could live with myself after it. Besides, there is a lot more than the killing. There is the not getting caught. No crime is perfect. There is always one small bit of evidence to get you caught. Nowadays, when you do someone in, you have to have an alibi, and you need to get rid of the body. After all of this, you still have the police after you. The CID, the forensics team. One of your hairs, dropped at a crime scene can help to put you in jail. Back in ancient times, it was easy enough. You could hit someone with a rock over the head, drag their body into the bush, and unless you were caught red handed or were seen wearing the dead person’s clothes or something, the chance of getting caught was virtually nil. Now it is positively high, especially if you know your victim. And that’s the hard part. It doesn’t take much compassion to go up and hit a random Joe on the street with a mallet, but murdering someone you have known for years is a lot harder. You have all the memories, be they good or bad times you spent together, and if the death of the person was an accident in a fit of rage then you will most definitely be in sheer mental torture.

The base line of what I am trying to say here is, I could kill someone no problem - say it was a robber in my house, they are as good as dead, I must say. But I am not sure if I could deliberately set up the killing of someone I knew. Another thing about killing someone is the method - a sniper rifle from 100 yards is easy, but up close with a meat cleaver will be horribly messy. If my life depended on it I am pretty sure I could kill and probably live with myself afterwards.
But you never know until the time.
Sorry about the blathering post, my thoughts are a bit abstract at the moment.
Anyway, your thoughts on the matter?
Tue 20/04/04 at 19:34
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Could you kill someone?
I don’t know whether I could or not. There are plenty of people I hate, and a few would go into the “To Kill” category, but I am not sure I could live with myself after it. Besides, there is a lot more than the killing. There is the not getting caught. No crime is perfect. There is always one small bit of evidence to get you caught. Nowadays, when you do someone in, you have to have an alibi, and you need to get rid of the body. After all of this, you still have the police after you. The CID, the forensics team. One of your hairs, dropped at a crime scene can help to put you in jail. Back in ancient times, it was easy enough. You could hit someone with a rock over the head, drag their body into the bush, and unless you were caught red handed or were seen wearing the dead person’s clothes or something, the chance of getting caught was virtually nil. Now it is positively high, especially if you know your victim. And that’s the hard part. It doesn’t take much compassion to go up and hit a random Joe on the street with a mallet, but murdering someone you have known for years is a lot harder. You have all the memories, be they good or bad times you spent together, and if the death of the person was an accident in a fit of rage then you will most definitely be in sheer mental torture.

The base line of what I am trying to say here is, I could kill someone no problem - say it was a robber in my house, they are as good as dead, I must say. But I am not sure if I could deliberately set up the killing of someone I knew. Another thing about killing someone is the method - a sniper rifle from 100 yards is easy, but up close with a meat cleaver will be horribly messy. If my life depended on it I am pretty sure I could kill and probably live with myself afterwards.
But you never know until the time.
Sorry about the blathering post, my thoughts are a bit abstract at the moment.
Anyway, your thoughts on the matter?
Tue 20/04/04 at 19:35
Regular
If they harmed my family or friends, maybe.

any other reason, most probably not.
Tue 20/04/04 at 19:36
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Yes, quite easily.
Tue 20/04/04 at 19:37
Regular
No.

Unless you touch my poodle. Then I'll rip out your still beating heart and show it to you before you die.

But seriously. Yes, specially if the person I'm killing hurt someone I love.
Tue 20/04/04 at 19:38
"period drama"
I don't think so, unless I had a proper motive - like they killed someone I loved. Not just because I don't like them.

Although sniping people with painballs á la Leon would be most fantastical. And scare them shiteless.
Tue 20/04/04 at 20:00
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Seconded. Especially if they were Senators out for a jog.
Tue 20/04/04 at 20:18
Regular
"SOUP!"
I think I could, but only if they'd done something really bad or wrong.
Tue 20/04/04 at 20:27
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I don't think I could. However much they might have hurt me, I couldn't kill them, it would haunt me for the rest of my life.
Tue 20/04/04 at 20:58
Regular
RoJ wrote:
> Seconded. Especially if they were Senators out for a jog.

Now that's just asking for it.
Tue 20/04/04 at 20:59
Regular
"www.360volts.tk"
i could kill in my head but not in life, but probably if they peed me of o the max and the red mist came over like when i fight, then i would lose it and kill

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.